- (physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the natural lens of the eye
- living quarters provided for public convenience; "overnight accommodations are available"
- the act of providing something (lodging or seat or food) to meet a need
- a settlement of differences; "they reached an accommodation with Japan"
- in the theories of Jean Piaget: the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of reality
- verify by using a duplicate register for comparison; "control an account"
- a relation of constraint of one entity (thing or person or group) by another; "measures for the control of disease"; "they instituted controls over drinking on campus"
- a mechanism that controls the operation of a machine; "the speed controller on his turntable was not working properly"; "I turned the controls over to her" (同)controller
- (physiology) regulation or maintenance of a function or action or reflex etc; "the timing and control of his movements were unimpaired"; "he had lost control of his sphincters"
- the activity of managing or exerting control over something; "the control of the mob by the police was admirable"
- a spiritual agency that is assumed to assist the medium during a seance
- power to direct or determine; "under control"
- the economic policy of controlling or limiting or curbing prices or wages etc.; "they wanted to repeal all the legislation that imposed economic controls"
- exercise authoritative control or power over; "control the budget"; "Command the military forces" (同)command
- lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger" (同)hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- check or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or comparing with another standard; "Are you controlling for the temperature?" (同)verify
- contain or cover; "This box houses the gears"
- a building in which something is sheltered or located; "they had a large carriage house"
- a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families; "he has a house on Cape Cod"; "she felt she had to get out of the house"
- play in which children take the roles of father or mother or children and pretend to interact like adults; "the children were playing house"
- an official assembly having legislative powers; "a bicameral legislature has two houses"
- aristocratic family line; "the House of York"
- the audience gathered together in a theatre or cinema; "the house applauded"; "he counted the house"
- the management of a gambling house or casino; "the house gets a percentage of every bet"
- the members of a religious community living together
- provide housing for; "The immigrants were housed in a new development outside the town" (同)put_up, domiciliate
- prescribed by or according to regulation; "regulation army equipment"
- (embryology) the ability of an early embryo to continue normal development after its structure has been somehow damaged or altered
- the state of being controlled or governed
- the act of bringing to uniformity; making regular (同)regularization, regularisation
- the act of controlling or directing according to rule; "fiscal regulations are in the hands of politicians" (同)regulating
- an authoritative rule (同)ordinance
- adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions; "We must adjust to the bad economic situation" (同)conform, adapt
- alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels" (同)set, correct
- make correspondent or conformable; "Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
- decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim
- bring into conformity with rules or principles or usage; impose regulations; "We cannot regulate the way people dress"; "This town likes to regulate" (同)regularize, regularise, order, govern
- fix or adjust the time, amount, degree, or rate of; "regulate the temperature"; "modulate the pitch" (同)modulate
- a person who endorses a promissory note without compensation or benefit but simply as a favor to the borrower
- of or relating to the accommodation of the lens of the eye; "accommodational strain"
- 〈U〉『宿泊』;《複数形で》(旅館などの)『宿泊設備』 / 〈C〉便宜,助け / 〈U〉(…への)『適応』,順応《+『to』+『名』》 / 〈C〉調停,和解
- 〈U〉(…に対する)『統制』,抑制,制御《+『over』(『of』+『名』) / 〈C〉《複数形で》(…を)統整する手段,統御法《+『on』(『over』)+『名』》 / 〈U〉(…を)『抑制する力』,(…の)統整力,支配力《+『over』(『of』)+『名』》 / 《複数形で》《単数扱い》(機械の)操縦装置 / 〈C〉(実験結果の)照査基準 / …'を'『支配する』,統御する,管理する,監督する / 〈感情など〉'を'『抑制する』,抑える / …'を'照らし合わせて調べる,照査する
- 『家』,住宅 / 家庭,家族,世帯 / 《しばしば複合語を作って》(ある特定の目的に用いる)建物 / (劇場などの)観客,聴衆 / 《しばしばthe H-》議会,立法府,議院 / 《しばしばH-》(王侯貴族の)家系,…家 / 〈人〉‘に'住居を提供する;〈人〉‘を'泊める,収容する / 〈品物〉‘を'しまう,蓄える / 家の / (特定の会社などの)社員向けの
- 〈C〉『規則』,『規定』;法規,条例 / 〈U〉(…の)『規制』,『調整』《+『of』+『名』》 / 正規の,規定どおりの
- …'を'『調節する』;(…に)…'を'合わせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈争い・不和〉'を'調停する / (…に)順応する,適応する《+『to』+『名』》
- (規則などで)…‘を'『規制する』,『統制する』 / 〈機械など〉‘を'『調整する』 / 〈量や率など〉‘を'ある限度内におさえる
||Look up accommodation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Accommodation may refer to:
- A dwelling
- A place of temporary lodging
- Reasonable accommodation, a legal doctrine protecting religious minorities
- Accommodation (religion), a theological principle linked to divine revelation within the Christian church
- Accommodation (law), a term used in United States contract law
- Accommodation (eye), the process by which the eye increases optical power to maintain a clear image (focus) on an object as it draws near
- Accommodation in psychology, the process by which existing mental structures and behaviors are modified to adapt to new experiences according to Jean Piaget, in the learning broader theory of Constructivism
- Accommodations, a technique for education-related disabilities in special education services
- Communication accommodation theory, the process by which people change their language behavior to be more or less similar to that of the people with whom they are interacting
- Accommodation, a linguistics term meaning grammatical acceptance of unstated values as in accommodation of presuppositions
- Biblical accommodation, the adaptation of text from the Bible to signify ideas different from those originally expressed
- PS Accommodation was a pioneer Canadian steamboat built by John Molson
- Accommodationism (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "accommodation"
- All pages with titles containing accommodation
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Does a yellow filter improve visual object categorization in normal aging?
- Lenoble Q, Boucart M, Rougier MB, Bordaberry P, Delord S.Author information a Université Bordeaux, Psychologie, Santé et Qualité de Vie , Bordeaux , France.AbstractABSTRACT Previous studies have shown that a yellow filter (CPF450) can increase contrast, motion sensitivity, vergence, and accommodation. We investigated whether a yellow filter can reduce age-related visual deficits. We tested two groups of 60 observers (mean age 24 vs. 72) in an object categorization task. Grayscale photographs of natural objects and artifacts were displayed either centrally or peripherally (21°) at low (8%) or medium (30%) contrast. There were three filter conditions (no filter, placebo filter, and yellow filter). Both groups of observers performed similarly on central and medium-contrast pictures. The deleterious effects of reduced contrast and eccentricity were stronger in elderly individuals. Moreover, the yellow filter globally improved the speed of categorization for the elderly participants. The decrease in response time in the yellow filter condition was larger when the stimuli were displayed peripherally in both groups. A yellow filter should be considered as a potential means for visual improvement in normal aging.
- Neuropsychology, development, and cognition. Section B, Aging, neuropsychology and cognition.Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn.2014 May;21(3):325-45. doi: 10.1080/13825585.2013.823143. Epub 2013 Aug 6.
- ABSTRACT Previous studies have shown that a yellow filter (CPF450) can increase contrast, motion sensitivity, vergence, and accommodation. We investigated whether a yellow filter can reduce age-related visual deficits. We tested two groups of 60 observers (mean age 24 vs. 72) in an object categoriza
- PMID 23919430
- Transportation vulnerability as a barrier to service utilization for HIV-positive individuals.
- Sagrestano LM, Clay J, Finerman R, Gooch J, Rapino M.Author information a Center for Research on Women , The University of Memphis , Memphis , TN , USA.AbstractResearch suggests that transportation vulnerability can negatively impact adherence to HIV-related medical treatment. Moreover, transportation can be a barrier to accessing ancillary services which can increase positive health outcomes for HIV-positive individuals. This study examines transportation vulnerability and its impact on HIV-related health and ancillary service utilization in the Mid-South Region. Focus groups and interviews were conducted with service providers and HIV-positive individuals, and survey data were collected from HIV-positive individuals (N=309) using the five A's of access to frame transportation vulnerability: availability, accessibility, accommodation, affordability, and acceptability. Study results indicate that transportation vulnerability can present significant barriers to service utilization for HIV-positive individuals, including insufficient transportation infrastructure, incompatible fit between transportation and health systems, and insensitivity to privacy issues. One consequence of transportation vulnerability is reliance upon weaving together multiple modes of transport to access care and ancillary services, creating additional barriers to service utilization and medical adherence. The research team recommends more investment in public transit systems, expanded services, and innovative approaches to solving procedural problems.
- AIDS care.AIDS Care.2014 Mar;26(3):314-9. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2013.819403. Epub 2013 Jul 23.
- Research suggests that transportation vulnerability can negatively impact adherence to HIV-related medical treatment. Moreover, transportation can be a barrier to accessing ancillary services which can increase positive health outcomes for HIV-positive individuals. This study examines transportation
- PMID 23876086
- Shift work and cancer screening: Do females who work alternative shifts undergo recommended cancer screening?
- Tsai RJ, Luckhaupt SE, Sweeney MH, Calvert GM.Author information Division of Surveillance, Hazard Evaluations and Field Studies, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Cincinnati, Ohio.AbstractBACKGROUND: Alternative shift work is classified as a probable human carcinogen. Certain cancer screening tests reduce cancer mortality.
- American journal of industrial medicine.Am J Ind Med.2014 Mar;57(3):265-75. doi: 10.1002/ajim.22285. Epub 2013 Nov 30.
- BACKGROUND: Alternative shift work is classified as a probable human carcinogen. Certain cancer screening tests reduce cancer mortality.METHODS: The 2010 National Health Interview Survey was used to examine associations between adherence to breast, cervical, and colon cancer screening recommendation
- PMID 24488817
- Mechanisms of postprandial abdominal bloating and distension in functional dyspepsia.
- Burri E, Barba E, Huaman JW, Cisternas D, Accarino A, Soldevilla A, Malagelada JR, Azpiroz F.Author information Digestive System Research Unit, University Hospital Vall d'Hebron, , Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain.AbstractOBJECTIVE: Patients with irritable bowel syndrome and abdominal bloating exhibit abnormal responses of the abdominal wall to colonic gas loads. We hypothesised that in patients with postprandial bloating, ingestion of a meal triggers comparable abdominal wall dyssynergia. Our aim was to characterise abdominal accommodation to a meal in patients with postprandial bloating.
- Gut.Gut.2014 Mar;63(3):395-400. doi: 10.1136/gutjnl-2013-304574. Epub 2013 May 4.
- OBJECTIVE: Patients with irritable bowel syndrome and abdominal bloating exhibit abnormal responses of the abdominal wall to colonic gas loads. We hypothesised that in patients with postprandial bloating, ingestion of a meal triggers comparable abdominal wall dyssynergia. Our aim was to characterise
- PMID 23645627
- 発達障害のある学生への支援の動向 -主として自閉症スペクトラム障害に焦点をあてて-
- 岡田 珠江
- 湘南工科大学紀要 49(1), 115-127, 2015-03-31
- Recently support for post-adolescent suffering from developmental disorder has been shed light on the institutions of tertiary education. The purpose of this paper is to summarize information about th …
- NAID 110009886491
- スマートフォン上に表示された電子式ランドルト環を用いたPCディスプレイの操作に伴う眼精疲労の簡易チェッカー (ヒューマンインフォメーション 立体映像技術)
- 村岡 哲也,池田 弘明
- 映像情報メディア学会技術報告 = ITE technical report 39(11), 37-40, 2015-03
- NAID 40020419468
- 金 仙玉
- 人間発達学研究 = Bulletin of the Graduate School of Human Development, Aichi Prefectural University (6), 27-39, 2015-03
- NAID 40020415382
- 米国観光立地事例より展望する日本の観光立国・地域づくりへの道標と地域活性化への試案 (本保芳明教授 退職記念号)
- 原 忠之
- 観光科学研究 (8), 33-42, 2015-03
- … Our simulation indicates that with a mere 3% levy on accommodation expenditures, Japan can generate roughly $1.1 billion per year in aggregate of special purpose tax revenues using 2012 data. …
- NAID 120005576175
- accommodationとは。意味や和訳。[名]1 [U]（…への）適応，順応；社会学応化；調整，調節(adjustment)((to ...))；眼科（目の）調節accommodation to urban life都市生活への順応the accommodation of ones desires to ones income ...
- accommodation:妥協案、妥結策...英語からも日本語からも検索できて、解説、文例、コロケーションまで掲載した実用的な内容です。 ... 「ビジネス英語辞書」は検索語の和訳・英訳を検索できます。収録語数は 25,316語（ver.51）