Plasmodium falciparum infection
- (medicine) the invasion of the body by pathogenic microorganisms and their multiplication which can lead to tissue damage and disease
- (phonetics) the alteration of a speech sound under the influence of a neighboring sound
- the pathological state resulting from the invasion of the body by pathogenic microorganisms
- (international law) illegality that taints or contaminates a ship or cargo rendering it liable to seizure
- moral corruption or contamination; "ambitious men are led astray by an infection that is almost unavoidable"
- an incident in which an infectious disease is transmitted (同)contagion, transmission
- parasitic protozoan of the genus Plasmodium that causes malaria in humans (同)Plasmodium_vivax, malaria parasite
- multinucleate sheet of cytoplasm characteristic of some stages of such organisms as slime molds
- 〈U〉(病気の)伝染;感染 / 〈C〉伝染病
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- 1. 合併症のない熱帯熱マラリアの治療 treatment of uncomplicated falciparum malaria
- 2. 熱帯熱マラリア以外のマラリアの概要 overview of non falciparum malaria
- 3. 重症熱帯熱マラリアの治療 treatment of severe falciparum malaria
- 4. マラリアの臨床症状 clinical manifestations of malaria
- 5. マラリアの診断 diagnosis of malaria
- Insight into phagocytosis of mature sexual (gametocyte) stages of Plasmodium falciparum using a human monocyte cell line.
- Bansal GP1, Weinstein CS2, Kumar N2.
- Acta tropica.Acta Trop.2016 May;157:96-101. doi: 10.1016/j.actatropica.2016.01.033. Epub 2016 Feb 3.
- During natural infection malaria parasites are injected into the bloodstream of a human host by the bite of an infected female Anopheles mosquito. Both asexual and mature sexual stages of Plasmodium circulate in the blood. Asexual forms are responsible for clinical malaria while sexual stages are re
- PMID 26851166
- Frequent Malaria Drives Progressive Vδ2 T-Cell Loss, Dysfunction, and CD16 Up-regulation During Early Childhood.
- Farrington LA1, Jagannathan P1, McIntyre TI1, Vance HM1, Bowen K1, Boyle MJ2, Nankya F3, Wamala S3, Auma A3, Nalubega M3, Sikyomu E3, Naluwu K3, Bigira V3, Kapisi J3, Dorsey G1, Kamya MR4, Feeney ME5.
- The Journal of infectious diseases.J Infect Dis.2016 May 1;213(9):1483-90. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jiv600. Epub 2015 Dec 13.
- γδ T cells expressing Vδ2 may be instrumental in the control of malaria, because they inhibit the replication of blood-stage parasites in vitro and expand during acute malaria infection. However, Vδ2 T-cell frequencies and function are lower among children with heavy prior malaria exposure. It r
- PMID 26667315
- Molecular Epidemiology of Blood-Borne Human Parasites in a Loa loa-, Mansonella perstans-, and Plasmodium falciparum-Endemic Region of Cameroon.
- Drame PM1, Montavon C2, Pion SD2, Kubofcik J2, Fay MP2, Nutman TB2.
- The American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene.Am J Trop Med Hyg.2016 Apr 4. pii: 15-0746. [Epub ahead of print]
- The study of the interactions among parasites within their hosts is crucial to the understanding of epidemiology of disease and for the design of effective control strategies. We have conducted an assessment of infections withLoa loa,Mansonella perstans,Wuchereria bancrofti, andPlasmodium falciparum
- PMID 27044568
- False positivity of circumsporozoite protein (CSP)-ELISA in zoophilic anophelines in Bangladesh
- Bashar Kabirul,Tuno Nobuko,Ahmed Touhid Uddin,Howlader Abdul Jabber
- Acta Tropica 125(2), 220-225, 2013-02
- … In total, 4724 Anopheles females belonging to 25 species were collected and tested for Plasmodium falciparum, Plasmodium vivax-210, and P. … The highest and lowest infection rates were found in An. …
- NAID 120004997011
- Natural Infection of Plasmodium falciparum Induces Inhibitory Antibodies against Gametocyte Development in Human Hosts
- Tonwong Natda,Sattabongkot Jetsumon,Tsuboi Takafumi [他]
- Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases 65(2), 152-156, 2012-03
- NAID 40019212872
- Evaluation of the NOW Malaria Immunochromatographic Test for Quantitative Diagnosis of Falciparum and Vivax Malaria Parasite Density
- KATAKAI Yuko,KOMAKI YASUDA Kanako,TANGPUKDEE Noppadon,WILAIRATANA Polrat,KRUDSOOD Srivicha,KANO Shigeyuki
- Tropical medicine and health 39(4), 105-108, 2011-12-01
- … The NOW® Malaria Test, an immunochromatographic test (ICT), was evaluated to determine its ability to quantitatively detect malaria parasites using 100 blood samples from Thailand, including 50 Plasmodium falciparum (Pf) infections and 50 P. … In cases of Pf infection, the intensities of both HRP-2 bands (T1 bands: Pf specific bands) and aldolase bands (T2 bands: pan-Plasmodium bands) correlated with the parasite densities. …
- NAID 10030394640
- Introduction In highly endemic areas, the transmission of Plasmodium falciparum malaria is in a state of endemic equilibrium, implying that each infection on average replaces itself with a single infection in the next ...
- Sama W, Killeen G, Smith T: Estimating the duration of Plasmodium falciparum infection from trials of indoor residual spraying. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2004, 70:625-634. PubMed Abstract | Publisher Full Text Hamad AA, El Chronic ...