- a long narrow depression in a surface (同)cranny, crack, fissure, chap
- make an opening or gap in (同)breach
- a narrow opening; "he opened the window a crack" (同)crack
- a conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures; "gap between income and outgo"; "the spread between lending and borrowing costs" (同)spread
- a difference (especially an unfortunate difference) between two opinions or two views or two situations
- having one or more incisions reaching nearly to the midrib (同)dissected
- a split or indentation in something (as the palate or chin)
- small opening between things
- a small structural space between tissues or parts of an organ; "the interstices of a network"
- (壁・へいなどの)『割れ目』,『すき間』《+『in』+『名』》 / (連続するものの)『途切れ』,空白[部分]《+『in』+『名』》 / (意見・性格などの)『大きなずれ』《+『between』+『名』》 / (山の尾根を分断する)深い峡谷(峠) / …‘に'割れ目(すき間)を作る / 割れ目(すき間)ができる
- cleaveの過去・過去分詞 / (地面・岩などの)裂け目,割れ目,ひび
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Evaluation of taper joints with combined fatigue and crevice corrosion testing: Comparison to human explanted modular prostheses.
- Reclaru L, Brooks RA, Zuberbühler M, Eschler PY, Constantin F, Tomoaia G.Author information PX Group S.A., Dep R&D Corrosion and Biocompatibility Group, Bd. des Eplatures 42, CH-2304 La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Electronic address: email@example.com.AbstractThe requirement for revision surgery of total joint replacements is increasing and modular joint replacement implants have been developed to provide adjustable prosthetic revision systems with improved intra-operative flexibility. An electrochemical study of the corrosion resistance of the interface between the distal and proximal modules of a modular prosthesis was performed in combination with a cyclic fatigue test. The complexity resides in the existence of interfaces between the distal part, the proximal part, and the dynamometric screw. A new technique for evaluating the resistance to cyclic dynamic corrosion with crevice stimulation was used and the method is presented. In addition, two components of the proximal module of explanted Ti6Al4V and Ti6Al7Nb prostheses were investigated by optical and electron microscopy. Our results reveal that: The electrolyte penetrates into the interface between the distal and proximal modules during cyclic dynamic fatigue tests, the distal module undergoes cracking and corrosion was generated at the interface between the two models; The comparison of the explanted proximal parts with the similar prostheses evaluated following cyclic dynamic crevice corrosion testing showed that there were significant similarities indicating that this method is suitable for evaluating materials used in the fabrication of modular prostheses.
- Materials science & engineering. C, Materials for biological applications.Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl.2014 Jan 1;34:69-77. doi: 10.1016/j.msec.2013.10.005. Epub 2013 Oct 17.
- The requirement for revision surgery of total joint replacements is increasing and modular joint replacement implants have been developed to provide adjustable prosthetic revision systems with improved intra-operative flexibility. An electrochemical study of the corrosion resistance of the interface
- PMID 24268235
- Lipid bilayer modules as determinants of K+ channel gating.
- Syeda R, Santos JS, Montal M.Author information University of California San Diego, United States.AbstractThe crystal structure of the sensorless pore module of a voltage-gated K+ (Kv) channel showed that lipids occupy a crevice between subunits. We asked if individual lipid monolayers of the bilayer embody independent modules linked to channel gating modulation. Functional studies using single channel current recordings of the sensorless pore module reconstituted in symmetric and asymmetric lipid bilayers allowed us to establish the deterministic role of lipid headgroup on gating. We discovered that individual monolayers with headgroups that coat the bilayer-aqueous interface with hydroxyls stabilize the channel open conformation. The hydroxyl need not be at a terminal position and the effect is not dependent on the presence of phosphate or net charge on the lipid headgroup. Asymmetric lipid bilayers allowed us to determine that phosphoglycerides with glycerol or inositol on the extracellular facing monolayer stabilize the open conformation of the channel. This indirect effect is attributed to a change in water structure at the membrane interface. By contrast, inclusion of the positively-charged lysyl-dioleoyl-phosphatidylglycerol exclusively on the cytoplasmic facing monolayer of the bilayer increases drastically the probability of finding the channel open. Such modulation is mediated by a Π-cation interaction between Phe-19 of the pore module and the lysyl moiety anchored to the phosphatidylglycerol headgroup. The new findings imply that the specific chemistry of the lipid headgroup and its selective location in either monolayer of the bilayer dictate the stability of the open conformation of a Kv pore module in the absence of voltage-sensing modules.
- The Journal of biological chemistry.J Biol Chem.2013 Dec 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- The crystal structure of the sensorless pore module of a voltage-gated K+ (Kv) channel showed that lipids occupy a crevice between subunits. We asked if individual lipid monolayers of the bilayer embody independent modules linked to channel gating modulation. Functional studies using single channel
- PMID 24362039
- Structural mechanism of ligand activation in human GABAB receptor.
- Geng Y1, Bush M1, Mosyak L1, Wang F1, Fan QR2.Author information 1Department of Pharmacology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA.21] Department of Pharmacology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA  Department of Pathology & Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA.AbstractHuman GABAB (γ-aminobutyric acid class B) receptor is a G-protein-coupled receptor central to inhibitory neurotransmission in the brain. It functions as an obligatory heterodimer of the subunits GBR1 and GBR2. Here we present the crystal structures of a heterodimeric complex between the extracellular domains of GBR1 and GBR2 in the apo, agonist-bound and antagonist-bound forms. The apo and antagonist-bound structures represent the resting state of the receptor; the agonist-bound complex corresponds to the active state. Both subunits adopt an open conformation at rest, and only GBR1 closes on agonist-induced receptor activation. The agonists and antagonists are anchored in the interdomain crevice of GBR1 by an overlapping set of residues. An antagonist confines GBR1 to the open conformation of the inactive state, whereas an agonist induces its domain closure for activation. Our data reveal a unique activation mechanism for GABAB receptor that involves the formation of a novel heterodimer interface between subunits.
- Nature.Nature.2013 Dec 12;504(7479):254-9. doi: 10.1038/nature12725. Epub 2013 Dec 4.
- Human GABAB (γ-aminobutyric acid class B) receptor is a G-protein-coupled receptor central to inhibitory neurotransmission in the brain. It functions as an obligatory heterodimer of the subunits GBR1 and GBR2. Here we present the crystal structures of a heterodimeric complex between the extracellul
- PMID 24305054
- 矢部 室恒,小出 信也
- Tetsu-to-Hagane 99(6), 415-424, 2013
- … The corrosion mechanism in this environment was basically estimated as crevice corrosion between the specimen surface and condensed substance originated from adhered chloride ions. … In addition, microbes contained in sea water were considered to enhance the corrosion progress.Repassivation potential for crevice corrosion measurements were further carried out for Cl- ion to understand the corrosion mechanism assuming the critical potential of 500mV accounting for the existence of microbes. …
- NAID 130003372541
- 平成24年度協会賞受賞講演 海水ポンプの腐食と対策技術
- 宮坂 松甫
- 材料と環境 = Corrosion engineering of Japan 61(12), 464-470, 2012-12-00
- NAID 40019532003
- ライニング隙間への電気防食効果に関する基礎検討 (第289回例会 Workshop「若手技術者による腐食・防食」？？)
- BEMANI シリーズへ積極的に楽曲提供を続ける 猫叉Master の3rd Album 「Crevice」（クレヴィス） が遂に登場します。 「関係性」 をコンセプトに様々なテーマを持ったアルバム書き下ろしの新曲や、「 pop'n music sunnypark 」、「 beatmania IIDX20 ...
- フルフィルメントby Amazon™というサービスを利用している出品者の商品になります。これらの商品は、AmazonフルフィルメントセンタAm