- DMSO Enhances TGF-β Activity by Recruiting the Type II TGF-β Receptor From Intracellular Vesicles to the Plasma Membrane.
- Huang SS1, Chen CL2, Huang FW3, Hou WH4, Huang JS4.
- Journal of cellular biochemistry.J Cell Biochem.2016 Jul;117(7):1568-79. doi: 10.1002/jcb.25448. Epub 2016 Feb 18.
- Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is used to treat many diseases/symptoms. The molecular basis of the pharmacological actions of DMSO has been unclear. We hypothesized that DMSO exerts some of these actions by enhancing TGF-β activity. Here we show that DMSO enhances TGF-β activity by ∼3-4-fold in Mv1Lu
- PMID 26587792
- Nanoscale analysis reveals agonist-sensitive and heterogeneous pools of phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate in the plasma membrane.
- Yoshida A1, Shigekuni M1, Tanabe K2, Fujita A3.
- Biochimica et biophysica acta.Biochim Biophys Acta.2016 Jun;1858(6):1298-305. doi: 10.1016/j.bbamem.2016.03.011. Epub 2016 Mar 10.
- Phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate [PtdIns(4)P] is the immediate precursor of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate [PtdIns(4,5)P2], which is localized to the cytoplasmic leaflet of the plasma membrane and has been reported to possess multiple cell biological functions. Direct evidence showing the dis
- PMID 26972044
- On the interaction of alginate-based core-shell nanocarriers with keratinocytes in vitro.
- Nguyen HT1, Allard-Vannier E1, Gaillard C2, Eddaoudi I1, Miloudi L1, Soucé M1, Chourpa I1, Munnier E3.
- Colloids and surfaces. B, Biointerfaces.Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces.2016 Jun 1;142:272-80. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2016.02.055. Epub 2016 Feb 27.
- Calcium alginate nanocarriers (CaANCs) were developed as a potential tool for delivery of hydrophobic active molecules such as pharmaceutical and cosmetic active ingredients. In this study, we focused on interactions between CaANCs and keratinocytes in culture and examined toxicity, internalization
- PMID 26962764
- Exosomes Derived from Epstein-Barr Virus-Infected Cells Are Internalized via Caveola-Dependent Endocytosis and Promote Phenotypic Modulation in Target Cells
- Nanbo Asuka,Kawanishi Eri,Yoshida Ryuji,Yoshiyama Hironori
- Journal of virology 87(18), 10334-10347, 2013-09
- … Taken together, our data indicate that exosomes released from EBV-infected B cells are internalized via caveola-dependent endocytosis, which, in turn, contributes to phenotypic changes in the recipient cells through transferring one or more viral factors. …
- NAID 120005372319
- Non-Genomic Regulation of K+ and Ca2+ Channels by Sex Hormones
- Furukawa Tetsushi,Kurokawa Junko,Asada Ken,Bai Chang-Xi,Nakamura Hiroaki,Isobe Mitsuaki,E. Clancy Colleen
- Journal of Arrhythmia 27(Supplement), SS2_1, 2011
- … The non-genomic generation of NO occurred in a signal pathway localized in lipid raft/caveola. …
- NAID 130002130108
- caveola [ka″ve-o´lah] (pl. caveo´lae) (L.) one of the minute pits or incuppings of the cell membrane formed during pinocytosis. caveola (kăv-ē-ō′lă) plural.caveolae A small pit or depression formed on the cell surface during pinocytosis.
- caveola [ka″ve-o´lah] (pl. caveo´lae) (L.) one of the minute pits or incuppings of the cell membrane formed during pinocytosis. cav·e·o·la, pl. cav·e·o·lae (kav'ē-ō'lă, -lē), Avoid the mispronunciation caveo'la. A small pocket, vesicle, cave ...