- a major thoroughfare that bears important traffic
- a blood vessel that carries blood from the heart to the body (同)arteria, arterial blood vessel
- of or relating to either of the two major arteries supplying blood to the head and neck
- 動脈 / (道路・水路・鉄道などの)勘線,(通信の)主チャンネル
- 頚(けい)動脈 / 頚動脈の
Carotid artery can refer to:
- Common carotid artery
- External carotid artery
- Internal carotid artery
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Quantitative determination of absorption and first-pass metabolism of apicidin, a potent histone deacetylase inhibitor.
- Shin BS1, Yoo SD, Kim TH, Bulitta JB, Landersdorfer CB, Shin JC, Choi JH, Weon KY, Joo SH, Shin S.Author information 1College of Pharmacy, Catholic University of Daegu, Gyeongsan-si, Gyeongbuk, South Korea (B.S.S., J.C.S., J.H.C., K.Y.W., S.H.J.); School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea (S.D.Y., T.H.K.); Centre for Medicine Use and Safety, Monash University, Parkville, Australia (J.B.B., C.B.L.); Department of Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, College of Pharmacy, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Jeonbuk, South Korea (S.S.).AbstractApicidin, a potential oral chemotherapeutic agent, possesses potent anti-histone-deacetylase activity. After oral administration, the total bioavailability of apicidin is known to be low (14.2%-19.3%). In the present study, we evaluated the factors contributing to the low bioavailability of apicidin by means of quantitative determination of absorption fraction and first-pass metabolism after oral administration. Apicidin was given to rats by five different routes: into the femoral vein, duodenum, superior mesenteric artery, portal vein, and carotid artery. Especially, the fraction absorbed (FX) and the fraction that is not metabolized in the gut wall (FG) were separated by injection of apicidin via superior mesenteric artery, which enables bypassing the permeability barrier. The FX was 45.9% ± 9.7%, the FG was 70.9% ± 8.1% and the hepatic bioavailability (FH) was 70.6% ± 12.3%, while the pulmonary first-pass metabolism was minimal (FL = 102.8% ± 7.4%), indicating that intestinal absorption was the rate-determining step for oral absorption of apicidin. The low FX was further examined in terms of passive diffusion and transporter-mediated efflux by in vitro immobilized artificial membrane (IAM) chromatographic assay and in situ single-pass perfusion method, respectively. Although the passive diffusion potential of apicidin was high (98.01%) by the IAM assay, the in situ permeability was significantly enhanced by the presence of the P-glycoprotein (P-gp) inhibitor elacrider. These data suggest that the low bioavailability of apicidin was mainly attributed to the P-gp efflux consistent with the limited FX measured in vivo experiment.
- Drug metabolism and disposition: the biological fate of chemicals.Drug Metab Dispos.2014 Jun;42(6):974-82. doi: 10.1124/dmd.113.056713. Epub 2014 Mar 18.
- Apicidin, a potential oral chemotherapeutic agent, possesses potent anti-histone-deacetylase activity. After oral administration, the total bioavailability of apicidin is known to be low (14.2%-19.3%). In the present study, we evaluated the factors contributing to the low bioavailability of apicidin
- PMID 24644298
- Premature and severe cardiovascular disease in a Mexican male with markedly low high-density-lipoprotein-cholesterol levels and a mutation in the lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase gene: A family study.
- Posadas-Sánchez R1, Posadas-Romero C1, Ocampo-Arcos WA1, Villarreal-Molina MT2, Vargas-Alarcón G3, Antúnez-Argüelles E2, Mendoza-Pérez E1, Cardoso-Saldaña G1, Martínez-Alvarado R1, Medina-Urrutia A1, Jorge-Galarza E1.Author information 1Department of Endocrinology, National Institute of Cardiology ̔Ignacio Chávez̓ (INCICH), Tlalpan, Mexico City 14080, Mexico.2Laboratory of Genomics of Cardiovascular Disease, National Institute of Genomic Medicine (INMEGEN), Tlalpan, Mexico City 14610, Mexico.3Department of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Cardiology ̔Ignacio Chávez̓ (INCICH), Tlalpan, Mexico City 14080, Mexico.AbstractEpidemiological and clinical studies have shown that a low plasma high‑density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) level is a strong predictor of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) is a key enzyme in the formation, maturation and function of HDL. Therefore impaired LCAT function may enhance atherosclerosis because of defective cholesterol transport. In this study, we examined a 34-year old LCAT‑deficient patient and eight first-degree family members. There was a strong family history for CVD and type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM2). The proband was found homozygous for a previously reported LCAT gene mutation (Thr37Met). A sister and two sons of the proband were heterozygous for the same mutation. The proband had DM2 and showed severe multivessel coronary artery disease, corneal opacification and extremely low HDL-C levels. Large HDL particles were absent while small HDL particles were increased. The HDL of the patient had a reduced ability to promote cell cholesterol efflux, and the low‑density lipoproteins (LDL) were more susceptible to oxidation. Among his family members, two heterozygotes and one non-carrier had early carotid or coronary atherosclerosis. In conclusion, as the increased LDL oxidability and structural and functional abnormalities of HDL particles have been reported in patients with obesity and diabetes, the results suggested that the adverse coronary risk profile, and not being LCAT deficient, may be responsible for the CVD found in our proband, and for the early atherosclerosis observed in the two heterozygotes and in the wild‑type family members.
- International journal of molecular medicine.Int J Mol Med.2014 Jun;33(6):1570-6. doi: 10.3892/ijmm.2014.1733. Epub 2014 Apr 7.
- Epidemiological and clinical studies have shown that a low plasma high‑density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) level is a strong predictor of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) is a key enzyme in the formation, maturation and function of HDL. Therefore impai
- PMID 24715031
- Gender differences in carotid artery intima-media thickness and flow-mediated dilatation in young, physically active adults.
- Mazurek K1, Zmijewski P, Czajkowska A, Lutosławska G.Author information 1Department of Sports Medicine Josef Pilsudski University of Physical Education in Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland - firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractAIM: The purpose of this study was to examine gender differences (GD) in vascular structure and function and their relations to cardiovascular risk factors (CVD) in young, physically active adults.
- The Journal of sports medicine and physical fitness.J Sports Med Phys Fitness.2014 Jun;54(3):298-306.
- AIM: The purpose of this study was to examine gender differences (GD) in vascular structure and function and their relations to cardiovascular risk factors (CVD) in young, physically active adults.METHODS: Sixty-three apparently healthy, physically active adults (34 women, 29 men), aged 20.2±0.9 ye
- PMID 24739292
- Hypertension and Circulatory Control : Baroreflex and Cerebral Autoregulation Are Inversely Correlated
- Nasr Nathalie,Czosnyka Marek,Pavy-Le Traon Anne [他]
- Circulation journal : official journal of the Japanese Circulation Society 78(10), 2460-2467, 2014-10
- NAID 40020204496
- Cardiovascular Surgery : Association of Carotid Arterial Circumferential Strain With Left Ventricular Function and Hemodynamic Compromise During Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Song Young,Shim Jae-Kwang,Song Jong-Wook [他]
- Circulation journal : official journal of the Japanese Circulation Society 78(10), 2422-2430, 2014-10
- NAID 40020204297
- 症例 上行大動脈置換術後の巨大弓部大動脈瘤に対し頸部総頸動脈から脳分離体外循環を行った1例
- 瀬名波 栄信,戸塚 裕一,下地 光好 [他]
- 胸部外科 = The Japanese journal of thoracic surgery 67(10), 923-925, 2014-09
- NAID 40020188393
- The carotid artery is the large vertical artery in red. The blood supply to the carotid artery starts at the arch of the aorta (bottom). The carotid artery divides into the internal carotid artery and the external carotid artery. The internal ...
- Carotid artery disease is serious because it can cause a stroke, also called a “brain attack.” A stroke occurs if blood flow to your brain is cut off. If blood flow is cut off for more than a few minutes, the cells in your brain ...
- carotid artery
- arteria carotis
The sixth cervical vertebra is a critical boundary of the root of the neck. To enter the neck from the chest, the vascular structures pass through a ringlike opening bounded by the scalene muscles laterally, the sternum and first ribs anteriorly, and the vertebrae(notably C6)
- carotid artery stenosis、carotid stenosis、internal carotid artery stenosis
- carotid artery plaque、carotid artery stenosis、carotid stenosis
- carotid artery