- The pain settled for a period of 6 months but it has returned over the last 10 months.(CASES.79)
- get back
出典(authority):フリー百科事典『ウィキペディア（Wikipedia）』「2016/03/21 05:41:56」(JST)[Wiki en表示]
- Influence of local climate and climate change on aeroterrestrial phototrophic biofilms.
- Gladis-Schmacka F1, Glatzel S, Karsten U, Böttcher H, Schumann R.Author information 1a Applied Ecology and Phycology , Institute of Biology, University of Rostock , Rostock , Germany.AbstractAeroterrestrial phototrophic biofilms colonize natural and man-made surfaces and may damage the material they settle on. The occurrence of biofilms varies between regions with different climatic conditions. The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of meteorological factors on the growth of aeroterrestrial phototrophs. Phototrophic biomass was recorded on roof tiles at six sites within Germany five times over a period of five years and compared to climatic parameters from neighboring weather stations. All correlating meteorological factors influenced water availability on the surface of the roof tiles. The results indicate that the frequency of rainy days and not the mean precipitation per season is more important for biofilm proliferation. It is also inferred that the macroclimate is more important than the microclimate. In conclusion, changed (regional) climatic conditions may determine where in central Europe global change will promote or inhibit phototrophic growth in the future.
- Biofouling.Biofouling.2014 Mar 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Aeroterrestrial phototrophic biofilms colonize natural and man-made surfaces and may damage the material they settle on. The occurrence of biofilms varies between regions with different climatic conditions. The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of meteorological factors on the growth o
- PMID 24579703
- GLP-1 receptor signaling is not required for reduced body weight after RYGB in rodents.
- Ye J1, Hao Z, Mumphrey MB, Townsend RL, Patterson LM, Stylopoulos N, Münzberg H, Morrison CD, Drucker DJ, Berthoud HR.Author information 1Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, Louisiana;AbstractExaggerated GLP-1 and PYY secretion is thought to be a major mechanism in the reduced food intake and body weight after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. Here, we use complementary pharmacological and genetic loss-of-function approaches to test the role of increased signaling by these gut hormones in high-fat diet-induced obese rodents. Chronic brain infusion of a supramaximal dose of the selective GLP-1 receptor antagonist exendin-9-39 into the lateral cerebral ventricle significantly increased food intake and body weight in both RYGB and sham-operated rats, suggesting that, while contributing to the physiological control of food intake and body weight, central GLP-1 receptor signaling tone is not the critical mechanism uniquely responsible for the body weight-lowering effects of RYGB. Central infusion of the selective Y2R-antagonist BIIE0246 had no effect in either group, suggesting that it is not critical for the effects of RYGB on body weight under the conditions tested. In a recently established mouse model of RYGB that closely mimics surgery and weight loss dynamics in humans, obese GLP-1R-deficient mice lost the same amount of body weight and fat mass and maintained similarly lower body weight compared with wild-type mice. Together, the results surprisingly provide no support for important individual roles of either gut hormone in the specific mechanisms by which RYGB rats settle at a lower body weight. It is likely that the beneficial effects of bariatric surgeries are expressed through complex mechanisms that require combination approaches for their identification.
- American journal of physiology. Regulatory, integrative and comparative physiology.Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol.2014 Mar;306(5):R352-62. doi: 10.1152/ajpregu.00491.2013. Epub 2014 Jan 15.
- Exaggerated GLP-1 and PYY secretion is thought to be a major mechanism in the reduced food intake and body weight after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. Here, we use complementary pharmacological and genetic loss-of-function approaches to test the role of increased signaling by these gut hormones i
- PMID 24430883
- Larval vision contributes to gregarious settlement in barnacles: adult red fluorescence as a possible visual signal.
- Matsumura K1, Qian PY.Author information 1KAUST Global Collaborative Research Program, Division of Life Science, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong.AbstractGregarious settlement, an essential behavior for many barnacle species that can only reproduce by mating with a nearby barnacle, has long been thought to rely on larval ability to recognize chemical signals from conspecifics during settlement. However, the cyprid, the settlement stage larva in barnacles, has one pair of compound eyes that appear only at the late nauplius VI and cyprid stages, but the function(s) of these eyes remains unknown. Here we show that cyprids of the intertidal barnacle Balanus (=Amphibalanus) amphitrite can locate adult barnacles even in the absence of chemical cues, and prefer to settle around them probably via larval sense of vision. We also show that the cyprids can discriminate color and preferred to settle on red surfaces. Moreover, we found that shells of adult B. amphitrite emit red auto-fluorescence and the adult extracts with the fluorescence as a visual signal attracted cyprid larvae to settle around it. We propose that the perception of specific visual signals can be involved in behavior of zooplankton including marine invertebrate larvae, and that barnacle auto-fluorescence may be a specific signal involved in gregarious larval settlement.
- The Journal of experimental biology.J Exp Biol.2014 Mar 1;217(Pt 5):743-50. doi: 10.1242/jeb.096990.
- Gregarious settlement, an essential behavior for many barnacle species that can only reproduce by mating with a nearby barnacle, has long been thought to rely on larval ability to recognize chemical signals from conspecifics during settlement. However, the cyprid, the settlement stage larva in barna
- PMID 24574388
- Problems caused by isopod parasites in commercial fishes.
- Rameshkumar G, Ravichandran S.Author information Centre of Advanced Study in Marine Biology, Faculty of Marine Science, Annamalai University, Parangipettai, 608 502 Tamil Nadu India.AbstractCrustaceans are found in every type of aquatic ecosystem, and there are species adapted to extremes of temperature, pressure, salinity, and even anoxia. Parasitic isopods are typically marine and usually inhabit the warmer seas. They are blood-feeding; several species settle in the buccal cavity of fish, others live in the gill chamber or on the body surface including the fins. Isopods can cause morbidity and mortality in captive fish populations. The damage of gill filaments thus was not only due to the feeding but also by the pressure exerted by the dorsal side of the parasite. Erosion of gill lamellae, damage of gill rakers and pale gills were the severe gross lesions observed as a consequence of isopod infestation. Infested fish exhibited histopathological anomalies such as tissue reactions, primarily associated with the formation of granulomas consisted of macrophages and epithelioid cells, which are occasionally surrounded by a thin rim of fibroblasts. A marked increase in the size of the parasite is associated with the development of marsupium full of juvenile parasite. The infestation usually pressure atrophy often accompanies the presence of larger parasites. They may lead to economic losses in commercial species of fish. Thus, treating fishes infected with isopods without treating their environment may only provide temporary relief. It is also important to recognize the potential for secondary infections associated with severe isopod infections.
- Journal of parasitic diseases : official organ of the Indian Society for Parasitology.J Parasit Dis.2014 Mar;38(1):138-41. doi: 10.1007/s12639-012-0210-4. Epub 2012 Dec 11.
- Crustaceans are found in every type of aquatic ecosystem, and there are species adapted to extremes of temperature, pressure, salinity, and even anoxia. Parasitic isopods are typically marine and usually inhabit the warmer seas. They are blood-feeding; several species settle in the buccal cavity of
- PMID 24505194
- The current situation of nurse practitioner education focusing on clinical (大分県立看護科学大学第16回看護国際フォーラム)
- 看護科学研究 14(2), 43-47, 2016-08
- NAID 110010047530
- High-frequency poly(vinylidene fluoride) copolymer transducers used for spectral characterization of settled microparticles
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 55(7S1), 07KB07, 2016-06-21
- NAID 150000112736
- 紛争解決方式の1つとしての国際裁判 : 戦争との対比において (特集 国際裁判と紛争解決)
- 世界法年報 (35), 7-36, 2016-03
- NAID 40020857569
- 地域日本語教育における各分野の専門家と日本語教師との協働 ―外国人生活者向けケアプラン日本語教室の企画・教材作成・実施を例に―
- 群馬大学国際教育・研究センター論集 (15), 35-47, 2016-03
- NAID 120005844146
- settleとは。意味や和訳。[他動詞]1 確定する，決定する；〈時間・値段・条件などを〉決める；…に同意する，折り合う；〈…することを〉決める((to do))；…を決める，決心する((that 節，wh-節[句]))settle the price [terms]値段[条件]を ...
- settle 【自動】 〔人がある場所で〕落ち着く、ゆったりする 〔人がある場所に〕... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- メンズカジュアルのセレクトショップ 三重県津市のsettle（セトル）です。ジャンゴアトゥール（Django Atour）やスティアンコル（SOUTIENCOL）の通販は当店へ。 ... お支払い方法について お支払い方法について 送料について ...
|拡張検索||「settler」「settle down」「unsettle」「viatical settlement」「penal settlement」|
- Vitamin A deficiency can compromise barrier and innate and acquired immune defenses to infection.
- (？)Fibrinoid necrosis of the vessels ensues with compromise of the lumen, thrombosis, infarction of the tissues supplied by the incolved vessel, and in some cases, hemorrhage.(HIM.2125)
- Treatment of sinus bradycardia is indicated if hemodynamic compromise results from the slow heart rate.(HIM.1542)(徐脈から血行動態の障害が生じたら、洞性徐脈の治療の適応である)
- via media
- ameliorate、amelioration、cleavage、cleave、contingency、definition、divide、division、fractionate、fractionation、mince、parcellated、part、parted、partition、recover、recovery、recuperate、regain、resolve、resolving power、restitution、restoration、restore、return、reversal、settle、solution、solve、split、unravel
- 落ち着く、(興奮などが)収まる。静かにする/させる。(marry and settle down)身を固める。身を入れる、(おちついて)取りかかる(to)。(アル職業に()身を落ち着ける(in)。沈下する。傾く。(かすが)沈む、よどむ、(液が)澄む