- be uncertain about; think about without fully understanding or being able to decide; "We puzzled over her sudden departure"
- a game that tests your ingenuity
- a particularly baffling problem that is said to have a correct solution; "he loved to solve chessmate puzzles"; "thats a real puzzler" (同)puzzler, mystifier, teaser
- cause to be embarrassed; cause to feel self-conscious (同)abash
- in a disturbing or embarrassing manner; "he drank some sherry, his eyes disconcertingly keen as he watched her"
- causing an emotional disturbance; "his disconcerting habit of greeting friends ferociously and strangers charmingly"- Herb Caen; "an upsetting experience" (同)upsetting
- 《しばしば受動態で》〈人〉‘を'落ち着きを失わせる,まごつかせる / 〈計画〉‘を'狂わせる,混乱させる
- 《単数形で》(頭を)『悩ませる物』(『事』,『人』),難問,難物 / 《しばしば複合語で用いて》(遊び用の)『パズル』,判じ物,なぞ / 〈難問が〉〈人〉‘の'頭を悩ませる;(…について)〈頭〉をひねって考える《+『名』+『about』(『over』)+『名』》 / (…に)頭を悩ませる,(…を)頭をひねって考える《+『about』(『as to, over』)+『名』》
- 〈人〉‘の'『まごつかせる』,困惑させる,きまり悪がらせる / …‘を'『じゃまする』,妨げる / 〈人・会社など〉‘を'『財政困難にする』
- Status of oxidant, antioxidantand serum enzymes in thalassaemic children receiving multiple blood transfusions.
- Asif M1, Manzoor Z2, Farooq MS3, Munawar SH2, Aziz A4, Khan IA4.
- JPMA. The Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association.J Pak Med Assoc.2015 Aug;65(8):838-43.
- OBJECTIVE: To determine the levels of oxidant, antioxidant and serum enzymes in thalassaemic children receiving multiple blood transfusions.METHODS: The case-control study was done from February to August 2012, and comprised thalassaemic children receiving multiple blood transfusions at Allied Hospi
- PMID 26228327
- [Acute experimental pancreatitis in the opossum. The role of early splenectomy in the inflammatory response]].
- Garcìa HA1, Iodice O, Garcìa WM, Otero G, Uchiumi L, Affani J, Tiscornia OM, Eufemio G, Sutera S, Sapin F, Cap P, Llaya Candiotti J, Maschietto A.
- Acta gastroenterologica Latinoamericana.Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam.2002;32(2):71-7.
- BACKGROUND: The role of the Autonomous Nervous System in the immunologic and inflammatory response is still an issue of discussion. Furthermore, the physiopathologic mechanisms involved are still unknown. Acute pancreatitis (AP) does not escape this disconcert. In fact, like in every severe acute in
- PMID 12553157
- Pourfour du Petit syndrome: a case following a traffic accident with severe cranioencephalic trauma.
- Avellanal M1, Fernández-Quero L, Barrios JM, Sánchez P, Navia J.
- Intensive care medicine.Intensive Care Med.1996 Oct;22(10):1090-92.
- Poufour du Petit syndrome is an extraordinarily unusual clinical condition produced by hyperactivity of the sympathetic cervical chain as a consequence of irritation of these nerves. It causes an ipsilateral mydriasis, which, in patients suffering a head injury as in the case reported here, can conf
- PMID 8923075
- Notion of Veil in Islam : A Sign of Placate or Disconcert among the Women of Karachi, Pakistan
- Khan Sumbul Ansar
- Asian journal of social sciences & humanities 3(2), 118-127, 2014-05
- NAID 40020084983
- But this did not disconcert the enthusiast, who proceeded with the story of Joseph Smith's bankruptcy in 1837, and how his ruined creditors gave him a coat of tar and feathers; his reappearance some years afterwards, more ...
- embarrass, discomfit, abash, disconcert, rattle mean to distress by confusing or confounding. embarrass implies some influence that impedes thought, speech, or action <embarrassed to admit that she liked the movie>. discomfit implies a hampering or frustrating accompanied by confusion ...
- em-(中に) + -barass(障害物、横木=bar) = 中に障害物を置く
- (人)を恥ずかしがらせる/当惑させる。(人)を辱めて(～)させる(shame)(into doing)。(be ～ed)(人が)(人前で)恥ずかしい思いをする、(～で)まごつく(at, with, by, about, that節)
- (正式)(be ～ed)(人が)財政困難になる、借金を負う
- confound, disconcert, embarrassment, perplexity, puzzle