- make less active or intense (同)abate, slack
- alter by exposure to air with conversion at least in part to a carbonate; "air-slake lime"
- 〈渇き〉‘を'いやす / 〈石灰〉‘を'消和する(水を加えて消石灰にすること) / 〈石灰が〉消和する
- Lime pretreatment of sugar beet pulp and evaluation of synergy between ArfA, ManA and XynA from Clostridium cellulovorans on the pretreated substrate.
- Dredge R, Radloff SE, van Dyk JS, Pletschke BI.AbstractSugar beet pulp (SBP) is a waste product from the sugar beet industry and could be used as a potential biomass feedstock for second generation biofuel technology. Pretreatment of SBP with 'slake lime' (calcium hydroxide) was investigated using a 2(3) factorial design and the factors examined included lime loading, temperature and time. The pretreatment was evaluated for its ability to enhance enzymatic degradation using a combination of three hemicellulases, namely ArfA (an arabinofuranosidase), ManA (an endo-mannanase) and XynA (an endo-xylanase) from C. cellulovorans to determine the conditions under which optimal activity was facilitated. Optimal pretreatment conditions were found to be 0.4 g lime/g SBP, with 36 h digestion at 40 °C. The synergistic interactions between ArfA, ManA and XynA from C. cellulovorans were subsequently investigated on the pretreated SBP. The highest degree of synergy was observed at a protein ratio of 75% ArfA to 25% ManA, with a specific activity of 2.9 U/g protein. However, the highest activity was observed at 4.2 U/g protein at 100% ArfA. This study demonstrated that lime treatment enhanced enzymatic hydrolysis of SBP. The ArfA was the most effective hemicellulase for release of sugars from pretreated SBP, but the synergy with the ManA indicated that low levels of mannan in SBP were probably masking the access of the ArfA to its substrate. XynA displayed no synergy with the other two hemicellulases, indicating that the xylan in the SBP was not hampering the access of ArfA or ManA to their substrates and was not closely associated with the mannan and arabinan in the SBP.
- 3 Biotech.3 Biotech.2011 Oct;1(3):151-159. Epub 2011 Aug 19.
- Sugar beet pulp (SBP) is a waste product from the sugar beet industry and could be used as a potential biomass feedstock for second generation biofuel technology. Pretreatment of SBP with 'slake lime' (calcium hydroxide) was investigated using a 2(3) factorial design and the factors examined include
- PMID 22611526
- Minimising alkalinity and pH spikes from Portland cement-bound Bauxsol (seawater-neutralized red mud) pellets for pH circum-neutral waters.
- Despland LM, Clark MW, Aragno M, Vancov T.SourceSchool of Environmental Science and Management, Southern Cross University, PO Box 157, Lismore, NSW 2480, Australia. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental science & technology.Environ Sci Technol.2010 Mar 15;44(6):2119-25. doi: 10.1021/es9032138.
- Bauxsol reagents (powder, slurry, or pellet forms) are powerful tools in environmental remediation and water and sewage treatment However, when used in circum-neutral water treatments, cement-bound Bauxsol pellets produce a sustained pH and alkalinity spike due to the presence of unreacted CaO in th
- PMID 20166656
- Cheilitis granulomatosa associated with allergic contact dermatitis to betel quid.
- Chiu CS, Tsai YL.SourceDepartment of Dermatology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Contact dermatitis.Contact Dermatitis.2008 Apr;58(4):246-7. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0536.2007.01269.x.
- Cheilitis granulomatosa (CG) is a rare disorder of unknown origin, which is characterized clinically by painless, recurrent or persistent swelling of 1 or both lips. Betel quids, composed of betel nuts (seeds of the Areca catechu), slake lime, and Piper betel leaf/or Piper betel inflorescence, are w
- PMID 18353040
- Depth-wise variation of physical and mechanical properties of mudstone in relation to weathering : Cases in several landslides in Niigata Prefecture
- Bhattarai P.,Marui H.,Tiwari B. [他],WATANABE N.,TULADHAR G. R.
- 日本地すべり学会誌 : 地すべり = Journal of the Japan Landslide Society : landslides 44(2), 79-89, 2007-07-25
- … Measurement of Atterberg's limits, particle size analysis, X-ray diffraction analysis, slake durability test and X-ray fluorescence tests were carried out. …
- NAID 10019749224
- 林 謙二,山 真典,米田 哲朗
- 応用地質 46(4), 198-206, 2005-10-10
- 北海道中央部に位置する幌内層は古第三紀始新世の海成泥岩からなり, その風化状態から強風化帯, 中風化帯, 弱風化帯, 未風化帯の4つに区分されている.その区分は各風化帯における泥岩中の緑泥石の性質変化とも対応する.さらに泥岩中の黄鉄鉱および方解石の含有量は, 風化が進行するに従って減少する傾向を示し, とくに強風化帯ではこれらの鉱物が溶解し除去される.それらは黄鉄鉱の酸化による硫酸生成が原因と考え …
- NAID 110003378575
- 島田 英樹,Sadisun Imam A.,一ノ瀬 政友 [他],植田 武,吉田 安廣,松井 紀久男
- 資源と素材 : 資源・素材学会誌 : journal of the Mining and Materials Processing Institute of Japan 120(8), 469-475, 2004-08-25
- … As an injection component, flyash acts, in part, as a fine aggregate which has similar function to fine debris materials of slake-prone rock and, in part, as a binding component.<BR>From these points of view, in order to clarify to what degree the flyash content affects the properties of the lining materials, some different combinations of flyash, Portland cement and water were considered by means of several laboratory experiments, such as a fluidability test, unconfined compressive test, slaking index test and so on. …
- NAID 10013537104
- SLAKE Tシャツ A ver. 2012年3月30日発売予定 ￥2,980(送料無料) 先行発売の"SLAKE Tシャツ(仮)と同様商品です。 SLAKE Tシャツ B ver. 2012年3月30日発売予定 ￥2,980(送料無料) SLAKEオリジナルロゴ仕様のクールなTシャツ！
- Slake, New York, New York. 3,441 likes · 762 talking about this · 1,525 were here. LEGENDARY CLUB OPERATORS WEBSTER HALL PRESENT SLAKE. ESCAPE THE MUNDANE ROUTINE AND EXPLORE THE TWISTING ...