- coat (a liquid) with a layer
- reading or glancing through quickly (同)skimming
- a thin layer covering the surface of a liquid; "there was a thin skim of oil on the water"
- remove from the surface; "skim cream from the surface of milk" (同)skim off, cream_off, cream
- read superficially (同)skim_over
- used of milk and milk products from which the cream has been removed; "yogurt made with skim milk"; "she can drink skimmed milk but should avoid butter" (同)skimmed
- cause to skip over a surface; "Skip a stone across the pond" (同)skip, skitter
- work hastily or carelessly; deal with inadequately and superficially (同)scant
- (数・量・ゆとりなどが)乏しい,不足の,貧弱な / (人が)けちけちした,物惜しみする
- 〈液体〉‘から'『上澄みを取る』,浮遊物をすくい取る / (液体から)〈浮遊物〉‘を'『すくい取る』,〈上澄み〉‘を'取る《+『名』+『from』(『off』)+『名』》 / …‘を'『ざっと読む』 / 〈水面など〉‘を'『滑るように進む』,かすめて飛ぶ;(水面などすれすれに)…‘を'飛ばす(skip) / 《副詞[句]を伴って》『滑るように進む』,かすめて飛ぶ / (…を)ざっと読む《+『through』(over)+『名』(do『ing』)》 / (牛乳が)脱脂の(skimmed)
- 〈金銭・食物など〉‘を'けちけち与える,出し惜しむ / 〈仕事など〉‘を'いいかげんにやる / けちけちする;(…を)つましくする《+『on』+『名』》
- Disordered eating and eating disorders in aquatic sports.
- Melin A1, Torstveit MK, Burke L, Marks S, Sundgot-Borgen J.
- International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab.2014 Aug;24(4):450-9. doi: 10.1123/ijsnem.2014-0029. Epub 2014 Mar 25.
- Disordered eating behavior (DE) and eating disorders (EDs) are of great concern because of their associations with physical and mental health risks and, in the case of athletes, impaired performance. The syndrome originally known as the Female Athlete Triad, which focused on the interaction of energ
- PMID 24667155
- List of essential services under US health reforms is "skimpy" and dangerous, say doctors.
- Lenzer J.
- BMJ (Clinical research ed.).BMJ.2011 Dec 5;343:d7932. doi: 10.1136/bmj.d7932.
- PMID 22144417
- How they do it better. Skimpy portions and satisfied stomachs.
- Palmer K.
- U.S. news & world report.US News World Rep.2007 Mar 26-Apr 2;142(11):53.
- PMID 17447401