- pass the tongue over; "the dog licked her hand" (同)lap
- touching with the tongue; "the dogs laps were warm and wet" (同)lap
- made slick by e.g. ice or grease; "sidewalks slick with ice"; "roads are slickest when rain has just started and hasnt had time to wash away the oil"
- give a smooth and glossy appearance; "slick ones hair" (同)slick down, sleek down
- a film of oil or garbage floating on top of water
- a trowel used to make a surface slick
- a magazine printed on good quality paper (同)slick magazine, glossy
- make slick or smooth (同)sleek
- a person with good manners and stylish clothing
- large flicker of eastern North America with a red neck and yellow undersurface to wings and tail (同)Colaptes auratus, yellowhammer
- perform or finish an action rapidly; "The game was clicked off in 1:48"
- shining unsteadily (同)aflicker
- having been got the better of; "Im pretty beat up but I dont feel licked yet"
- Chinese distance measure; approximately 0.5 kilometers
- (舌で)…‘を'『なめる』 / 〈炎・波などが〉…‘を'なめる / 《話》…‘を'ぶんなぐる,打つ / 《話》…‘を'打ち負かす,征服する / 全速力で進む,急ぐ / (舌での)一なめ / (…の)少量《+『of』+『名』》 / =salt lick / 《話》速力(speed) / 《話》一打ち,一なぐり
- 滑らかな,すべすべした;滑りやすい / 巧妙な,思いつきのよい / 口先のうまい,ずるい,こすい / (文体などが)一見魅力的な / 水面の油,油膜 / 《米話》(上質紙を使った)豪華雑誌(《英》glossy [magazine]) / …‘を'滑らかにする
- 《米》長いゆるやかなレインコート / 《話》ずるい人
- 〈U〉(人・動物が)なめること / 〈C〉《話》打つ(なぐる)こと / 〈C〉敗北
||Look up lick in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Lick may refer to:
- Licking, passing the tongue over a surface
- Lick (stream), a small or ephemeral stream
- Lick (music), a short phrase, or series of notes, often improvised by a musician
- Lick (album), by The Lemonheads
- "Lick" (song), by Joi
- Lick (band), an American band, fl. 1990s
- Salt lick, a salt deposit that animals regularly lick
- Lick's Homeburgers, a Canadian restaurant chain
In things named after James Lick (see people, below):
- Lick (crater), a crater on the Moon
- 1951 Lick, an asteroid
- Lick Observatory, an astronomical observatory in California, United States
- See also All pages beginning with "James Lick"
- Lick (surname)
- J. C. R. Licklider (1915–1990), American computer scientist, nicknamed "Lick"
- Lick High School (disambiguation)
- Lick Township, Jackson County, Ohio, United States
- Licking (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Lick"
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Effects of predation risk on the grouping patterns of white-bellied spider monkeys (Ateles belzebuth belzebuth) in Western Amazonia.
- Link A, Di Fiore A.SourceDepartamento de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia; Department of Anthropology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 78712.
- American journal of physical anthropology.Am J Phys Anthropol.2013 Apr;150(4):579-90. doi: 10.1002/ajpa.22230.
- Predation is proposed to be one of the most important factors influencing the evolution of mammalian societies. Although predation risk is thought to influence both the behavior and grouping patterns of most diurnal primates, evidence supporting this hypothesis is still limited. The spatial and temp
- PMID 23504960
- Pasteurella canis Osteoarticular Infections in Childhood: Review of Bone and Joint Infections Due to Pasteurella Species Over 10 Years at a Tertiary Pediatric Hospital and in the Literature.
- Hazelton BJ, Axt MW, Jones CA.SourceDepartments of *Infectious Diseases and Microbiology †Orthopaedic Surgery, The Children's Hospital at Westmead, Westmead ‡Discipline of Paediatrics & Child Health, Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
- Journal of pediatric orthopedics.J Pediatr Orthop.2013 Apr;33(3):e34-8. doi: 10.1097/BPO.0b013e318287ffe6.
- BACKGROUND: : Pasteurella spp. are important bacterial pathogens in both animals and humans. Most reported Pasteurella infections in humans involve skin and soft tissues, often after an animal bite, scratch, or lick to an open wound. Infections involving bone and joints are well recognized, but have
- PMID 23482278
- Intermittent access to sweet high-fat liquid induces increased palatability and motivation to consume in a rat model of binge consumption.
- Lardeux S, Kim JJ, Nicola SM.SourceDepartment of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science and Dominick P. Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA.
- Physiology & behavior.Physiol Behav.2013 Mar 13;114-115C:21-31. doi: 10.1016/j.physbeh.2013.03.005. [Epub ahead of print]
- Binge eating disorders are characterized by discrete episodes of rapid and excessive food consumption. In rats, giving intermittent access to sweet fat food mimics this aspect of binge eating. These models typically employ solid food; however, the total amount consumed depends on motivation, palatab
- PMID 23499930
- Real Time Three-Dimensional Transesophageal Echocardiography in Partial Posteromedial Papillary Muscle Rupture.
- Havins J, Lick S, Boor P, Arora H, Ahmad M.SourceDivisions of Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Surgical Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas.
- Echocardiography (Mount Kisco, N.Y.).Echocardiography.2013 Mar 12. doi: 10.1111/echo.12178. [Epub ahead of print]
- PMID 23488568
- Feeding Behavior on Tree Sap and Planthopper-derived Honeydew by a Fish-scale Gecko (<i>Geckolepis</i> sp.) in a Dry Forest of Madagascar
- O3-05 低温度星周りでの低質量惑星の特徴付け : 水の存在量と大気量(口頭発表セッション3(系外惑星),口頭発表)
- flicker fusion threshold
- 臨界融合頻度 critical fusion frequency CFF
- colic、colicky pain