出典(authority):フリー百科事典『ウィキペディア（Wikipedia）』「2015/07/20 05:30:41」(JST)[Wiki en表示]
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- 1. 成人における神経性大食症症および気晴らし食い症候群：内科的合併症およびそのマネージメント bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder in adults medical complications and their management
- 2. ブラストシスチス種 blastocystis species
- 3. 成人における神経性大食症：臨床的特徴、評価、および診断 bulimia nervosa in adults clinical features assessment and diagnosis
- Emetine enhances the tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-induced apoptosis of pancreatic cancer cells by downregulation of myeloid cell leukemia sequence-1 protein.
- Han Y, Park S, Kinyua AW, Andera L, Kim KW, Kim I.Author information Asan Institute for Life Sciences, Asan Medical Center, Seoul 138-736, Republic of Korea.AbstractAlthough the tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) is a promising cancer therapeutic agent, it shows limited efficacy in human pancreatic cancer cells. Protein synthesis inhibition has been reported to sensitize cancer cells to apoptosis-inducing agents, but the detailed mechanism by which protein synthesis inhibition sensitize cells to TRAIL has not been determined. To investigate the mechanism underlying pancreatic cancer cell resistance to TRAIL, we performed a small scale high-throughput compound screening in AsPC-1 pancreatic cancer cells using a bioactive small molecule library. We identified 8 compounds that reproducibly sensitize AsPC-1 cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis. One of these compounds, emetine hydrochloride, when combined with subtoxic concentrations of TRAIL, induced massive apoptosis in AsPC-1 and BxPC-3 pancreatic cancer cells. Cell death analysis revealed that the sensitizing effects of emetine were specific to TRAIL. Emetine downregulated the expression of the TRAIL-related anti-apoptotic protein Mcl-1 in a dose- and time-dependent manner. Furthermore, specific knockdown of Mcl-1 using small interfering RNA without emetine treatment sensitized pancreatic cancer cells to TRAIL. Emetine sensitization of pancreatic cancer cells to TRAIL via Mcl-1 was confirmed under hypoxic conditions. Taken together, these findings strongly suggest that Mcl-1 is involved in pancreatic cancer cell resistance to TRAIL, and emetine facilitates the apoptosis of TRAIL-tolerant pancreatic cancer cells by specifically inhibiting Mcl-1 function.
- Oncology reports.Oncol Rep.2014 Jan;31(1):456-62. doi: 10.3892/or.2013.2838. Epub 2013 Nov 7.
- Although the tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) is a promising cancer therapeutic agent, it shows limited efficacy in human pancreatic cancer cells. Protein synthesis inhibition has been reported to sensitize cancer cells to apoptosis-inducing agents, but the detailed me
- PMID 24213797
- The synthesis and structure revision of NSC-134754.
- Hickin JA, Ahmed A, Fucke K, Ashcroft M, Jones K.Author information CRUK Cancer Therapeutics Unit, The Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK. email@example.com.AbstractThe synthesis of emetine analogue NSC-134754, a potent inhibitor of the HIF pathway, has been accomplished and its structure reassigned. The stereochemistry of NSC-134754 has been assigned for the first time using X-ray crystallography and it has been demonstrated that only one diastereoisomer is active against HIF.
- Chemical communications (Cambridge, England).Chem Commun (Camb).2013 Dec 16. [Epub ahead of print]
- The synthesis of emetine analogue NSC-134754, a potent inhibitor of the HIF pathway, has been accomplished and its structure reassigned. The stereochemistry of NSC-134754 has been assigned for the first time using X-ray crystallography and it has been demonstrated that only one diastereoisomer is ac
- PMID 24336320
- Different routes lead to apoptosis in unfertilized sea urchin eggs.
- Philippe L, Tosca L, Zhang WL, Piquemal M, Ciapa B.Author information Centre de Neurosciences Paris-Sud (CNPS), CNRS UMR 8195 Université Paris XI, Bât. 444, 91405, Orsay Cedex, France.AbstractResults obtained in various species, from mammals to invertebrates, show that arrest in the cell cycle of mature oocytes is due to a high ERK activity. Apoptosis is stimulated in these oocytes if fertilization does not occur. Our previous data suggest that apoptosis of unfertilized sea urchin eggs is the consequence of an aberrant short attempt of development that occurs if ERK is inactivated. They contradict those obtained in starfish, another echinoderm, where inactivation of ERK delays apoptosis of aging mature oocytes that are nevertheless arrested at G1 of the cell cycle as in the sea urchin. This suggests that the cell death pathway that can be activated in unfertilized eggs is not the same in sea urchin and in starfish. In the present study, we find that protein synthesis is necessary for the survival of unfertilized sea urchin eggs, contrary to starfish. We also compare the effects induced by Emetine, an inhibitor of protein synthesis, with those triggered by Staurosporine, a non specific inhibitor of protein kinase that is widely used to induce apoptosis in many types of cells. Our results indicate that the unfertilized sea urchin egg contain different mechanisms capable of leading to apoptosis and that rely or not on changes in ERK activity, acidity of intracellular organelles or intracellular Ca and pH. We discuss the validity of some methods to investigate cell death such as measurements of caspase activation with the fluorescent caspase indicator FITC-VAD-fmk or acidification of intracellular organelles, methods that may lead to erroneous conclusions at least in the sea urchin model.
- Apoptosis : an international journal on programmed cell death.Apoptosis.2013 Dec 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Results obtained in various species, from mammals to invertebrates, show that arrest in the cell cycle of mature oocytes is due to a high ERK activity. Apoptosis is stimulated in these oocytes if fertilization does not occur. Our previous data suggest that apoptosis of unfertilized sea urchin eggs i
- PMID 24337868
- Selective determination method for measurement of methylmercury and ethylmercury in soil/sediment samples using high-performance liquid chromatography–chemiluminescence detection coupled with simple extraction technique
- KODAMATANI Hitoshi,TOMIYASU Takashi,コダマタニ ヒトシ,トミヤス タカシ,児玉谷 仁,冨安 卓滋
- Journal of Chromatography A 1288, 155-159, 2013-05-03
- … Finally, an emetine-dithiocarbamate (emetineCS2) solution is added to the EDTA solution to form emetineCS2–alkylmercury complexes. …
- NAID 120005303692
- Molecular Cloning of an O-Methyltransferase from Adventitious Roots of Carapichea ipecacuanha
- Cheong Bo Eng,Takemura Tomoya,Yoshimatsu Kayo [他],SATO Fumihiko
- Bioscience, biotechnology, and biochemistry 75(1), 107-113, 2011-01-23
- … Carapichea ipecacuanha produces various emetine-type alkaloids, known as ipecac alkaloids, which have long been used as expectorants, emetics, and amebicides. … The encoded protein (CiOMT1) showed 98% sequence identity to IpeOMT2, which catalyzes the 7′-O-methylation of 7′-O-demethylcephaeline to form cephaeline at the penultimate step of emetine biosynthesis (Nomura and Kutchan, J. …
- NAID 10027896875
- Effect of emetine, a protein synthesis inhibitor, on larval tail resorption in the ascidian Halocynthia roretzi
- Matsumura Kiyotaka,Nagano Manami,Tsukamoto Sachiko [他],KATO Haruko,FUSETANI Nobuhiro
- Sessile organisms 23(2), 43-46, 2006-08-25
- NAID 10018254289
- emetine [em´ĕ-tēn] an alkaloid derived from ipecac or produced synthetically; its hydrochloride salt is used as an antiamebic. em·e·tine (em'ĕ-tēn), The principal alkaloid of ipecac, used as an emetic; its salts are used in amebiasis ...
- EMETINE | C29H40N2O4 | CID 10219 - structure, chemical names, physical and chemical properties, classification, patents, literature, biological activities, safety/hazards/toxicity information, supplier lists, and more. ... A chemical ...