- Thiazide diuretics
- Hygroton, Thalidone
- Thiazides in advanced chronic kidney disease: time for a randomized controlled trial.
- Sinha AD1, Agarwal R.
- Current opinion in cardiology.Curr Opin Cardiol.2015 Jul;30(4):366-72. doi: 10.1097/HCO.0000000000000188.
- PURPOSE OF REVIEW: Chronic kidney disease is common, associated with increased cardiovascular risk, and frequently complicated by hypertension, requiring multiple agents for control. Thiazides are naturally attractive for use in this population; unfortunately, they are classically thought to be inef
- PMID 26049383
- Hydrochlorothiazide is not the most useful nor versatile thiazide diuretic.
- Vongpatanasin W1.
- Current opinion in cardiology.Curr Opin Cardiol.2015 Jul;30(4):361-5. doi: 10.1097/HCO.0000000000000178.
- PURPOSE OF REVIEW: To determine usefulness and versatility of hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) relative to other thiazide diuretics in the treatment of hypertension.RECENT FINDINGS: HCTZ was found to be less potent in lowering blood pressure (BP) than other thiazide diuretics, including chlorthalidone (CT
- PMID 26049382
- Refractory Hypertension: Evidence of Heightened Sympathetic Activity as a Cause of Antihypertensive Treatment Failure.
- Dudenbostel T1, Acelajado MC2, Pisoni R2, Li P2, Oparil S2, Calhoun DA2.
- Hypertension.Hypertension.2015 Jul;66(1):126-33. doi: 10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.115.05449. Epub 2015 May 18.
- Refractory hypertension is an extreme phenotype of treatment failure defined as uncontrolled blood pressure in spite of ≥5 classes of antihypertensive agents, including chlorthalidone and a mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist. A prospective evaluation of possible mechanisms of refractory hyperte
- PMID 25987662
- Simultaneous quantification of atenolol and chlorthalidone in human plasma by ultra performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry.
- Shah JV1, Patel DP2, Shah PA1, Sanyal M3, Shrivastav PS1.
- Biomedical chromatography : BMC.Biomed Chromatogr.2015 Jun 10. doi: 10.1002/bmc.3537. [Epub ahead of print]
- A simple, sensitive and reproducible ultra performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method has been developed for the simultaneous determination of atenolol, a β-adrenergic receptor-blocker and chlorthalidone, a monosulfonamyl diuretic in human plasma using atenolol-d7 and chlorth
- PMID 26096961
- Comparison of the efficacy between hydrochlorothiazide and chlorthalidone on central aortic pressure when added on to candesartan in treatment-naive patients of hypertension
- KWON Beom-June,JANG Sung-Won,CHOI Kyu-Young,KIM Dong-Bin,CHO Eun-Joo,IHM Sang-Hyun,YOUN Ho-Joong,KIM Jae-Hyung
- Hypertension research : clinical and experimental : official journal of the Japanese Society of Hypertension 36(1), 79-84, 2013-01-01
- NAID 10031163289
- A novel software tool for high throughput measurements of interconversion barriers : DCXplorer
- TRAPP Oliver
- Journal of chromatography. B, Analytical technologies in the biomedical and life sciences 875(1), 42-47, 2008-11-01
- NAID 10028007861
- Outcomes in hypertensive black and nonblack patients treated with chlorthalidone, amlodipine, and lisinopril
- WRIGHT J
- JAMA 293, 1595-1608, 2005
- NAID 30005377402
- Hydrochlorothaizide versus chlorthalidone. Evidence supporting their interchangeability
- CARTER B. L.
- Hypertension 43, 4-9, 2004
- NAID 30022677747
- Chlortalidone (INN/BAN) or chlorthalidone (USAN) is a diuretic drug used to treat hypertension, originally marketed as Hygroton in the USA. It is described as a thiazide diuretic (or, rather, a thiazide-like diuretic because it acts similarly to the ...
- 24 Nov 2003 ... Hydrochlorothiazide and chlorthalidone have been the 2 most commonly used diuretics in major clinical trials. Treatment guidelines and compendia often consider these 2 drugs interchangeable agents within the class of ...