- a plant spore formed by two similar sexual cells
- De novo transcriptome profiling uncovers a drastic downregulation of photosynthesis upon nitrogen deprivation in the nonmodel green alga Botryosphaerella sudeticus.
- Sun D, Zhu J, Fang L, Zhang X, Chow Y, Liu J.Author information Systems Biology, Genome Institute of Singapore, 60 Biopolis Street, #02-01, Singapore 138672, Singapore. email@example.com.AbstractBACKGROUND: Neutral lipid storage is enhanced by nitrogen deprivation (ND) in numbers of green microalgal species. However, little is known about the metabolic pathways whose transcription levels are most significantly altered following ND in green microalgae, especially the nonmodel species.
- BMC genomics.BMC Genomics.2013 Oct 19;14:715. doi: 10.1186/1471-2164-14-715.
- BACKGROUND: Neutral lipid storage is enhanced by nitrogen deprivation (ND) in numbers of green microalgal species. However, little is known about the metabolic pathways whose transcription levels are most significantly altered following ND in green microalgae, especially the nonmodel species.RESULTS
- PMID 24138407
- Phylogenetic lineages in Entomophthoromycota.
- Gryganskyi AP, Humber RA, Smith ME, Hodge K, Huang B, Voigt K, Vilgalys R.Author information Duke University, Department of Biology, Durham, NC 27708-90338, USA;AbstractEntomophthoromycota is one of six major phylogenetic lineages among the former phylum Zygomycota. These early terrestrial fungi share evolutionarily ancestral characters such as coenocytic mycelium and gametangiogamy as a sexual process resulting in zygospore formation. Previous molecular studies have shown the monophyly of Entomophthoromycota, thus justifying raising the taxonomic status of these fungi to a phylum. Multi-gene phylogenies have identified five major lineages of Entomophthoromycota. In this review we provide a detailed discussion about the biology and taxonomy of these lineages: I) Basidiobolus (Basidiobolomycetes: Basidiobolaceae; primarily saprobic); II) Conidiobolus (Entomophthoromycetes, Ancylistaceae; several clades of saprobes and invertebrate pathogens), as well as three rapidly evolving entomopathogenic lineages in the family Entomophthoraceae centering around; III) Batkoa; IV) Entomophthora and allied genera; and V) the subfamily Erynioideae which includes Zoophthora and allied genera. Molecular phylogenic analysis has recently determined the relationships of several taxa that were previously unresolved based on morphology alone: Eryniopsis, Macrobiotophthora, Massospora, Strongwellsea and two as yet undescribed genera of Basidiobolaceae.
- Persoonia.Persoonia.2013 Jun;30:94-105. doi: 10.3767/003158513X666330. Epub 2013 Mar 19.
- Entomophthoromycota is one of six major phylogenetic lineages among the former phylum Zygomycota. These early terrestrial fungi share evolutionarily ancestral characters such as coenocytic mycelium and gametangiogamy as a sexual process resulting in zygospore formation. Previous molecular studies ha
- PMID 24027349
- Overview of 75 years of Smittium research, establishing a new genus for Smittium culisetae, and prospects for future revisions of the 'Smittium' Claire.
- Wang Y, Tretter ED, Lichtwardt RW, White MM.Author information Boise State University, Department of Biological Sciences, Boise, ID, USA.AbstractThe Harpellales includes 38 genera of endosymbiotic microfungi associated with various Arthropoda. Smittium, the second genus to be described, is now also the most species rich of the order. Species of Smittium inhabit the digestive tracts of larval aquatic insects, especially lower Dipt era, worldwide. During the 75 y since the type, Smittium aruernense, was described a number of advances in our understanding of the gut fungi have unfolded, in whole or in part, with Smittium as a model for the fungal trichomycetes. This in part relates to the high number of successful isolation attempts, with about 40% of known species having been cultured, a total number that far exceeds any other genus of gut fungus. Many isolates of Smittium have been used in laboratory studies for ultrastructural. physiological, host feeding, serological, as well as isozyme, and now ongoing molecular systematic studies. Molecular studies have shown thai Smittium is polyphyletic but with consistent separation of Smittium culisetae, one of the most common and widespread species, from the remainder of Smittium. A brief overview of Smittium research is provided. Zygospore and trichospore morphology and molecular evidence (immunological, isozyme, DNA sequences and phyiogenetic analyses) are used to establish Zancudomyces and to accommodate Smittium culisetae. For the latter evidence, we include the first two-gene phylogenetic analysis, using combined 18S and 28S rRNA gene sequence data to show a cluster of Zancudomyces culisetae separate from Smittium. As the broadest taxon sampling of Smittium to date, this also serves a molecular systematic update toward revisionary syntheses of this and other Harpellales taxa.
- Mycologia.Mycologia.2013 Jan-Feb;105(1):90-111. doi: 10.3852/11-311. Epub 2012 Jul 16.
- The Harpellales includes 38 genera of endosymbiotic microfungi associated with various Arthropoda. Smittium, the second genus to be described, is now also the most species rich of the order. Species of Smittium inhabit the digestive tracts of larval aquatic insects, especially lower Dipt era, worldw
- PMID 22802392
- Ultrastructural studies on zygomycotan fungi in the Zoopagaceae and Cochlonemataceae
- 金綱 善恭,山岸 高旺
- 藻類 = The bulletin of Japanese Society of Phycology 59(1), 17-20, 2011-03-10
- NAID 10027882831
- (zī'gə-spôr', zĭg'ə-) A large, multinucleate spore formed by union of isogametes (gametes that are not distinguished by size and structure), as in certain algae or fungi. A zygospore develops thick, resistant walls and enters a period ...
- Definition of ZYGOSPORE: a thick-walled spore of some algae and fungi that is formed by union of two similar sexual cells, usually serves as a resting spore, and produces the sporophytic phase Ask The Editor Videos Lay vs. Lie
- fungus, (pl.)fungi
- かび、菌類 Mycota
- Coccidioides immitis
- Histoplasma capsulatum
- Sporothrix schenckii
- Candida albicans
- 細胞壁の多糖を染色：コットンブルー(cotton blue)、グラム染色(全ての真菌はグラム陽性)