- showing fear and lack of confidence
- people who are fearful and cautious; "whitewater rafting is not for the timid" (同)cautious
- Genetic variation in monoamine oxidase A and analysis of association with behaviour traits in beef cattle.
- Luhken G, Glenske K, Brandt H, Erhardt G.SourceDepartment of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Justus-Liebig University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany.
- Journal of animal breeding and genetics = Zeitschrift fur Tierzuchtung und Zuchtungsbiologie.J Anim Breed Genet.2010 Oct;127(5):411-8. doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0388.2010.00855.x.
- Husbandry of beef cattle requires animals that do not behave aggressively or timidly. The enzyme monoamine oxidase A and the coding gene (MAOA) play an important role in the complex regulation of behaviour. The complete coding region and a part of the non-coding sequence of the bovine MAOA gene have
- PMID 20831566
- Acute compartment syndrome of the foot caused by a hemangioma.
- Downey-Carmona FJ, Gonzalez-Herranz P, De La Fuente-Gonzalez C, Castro M.SourcePediatric Orthopedic Unit, Hospital Juan Canalejo, La Coruna, Spain.
- The Journal of foot and ankle surgery : official publication of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.J Foot Ankle Surg.2006 Jan-Feb;45(1):52-5.
- Acute compartment syndrome is most commonly caused by trauma. Although it has been well described in adults, few have addressed this condition in the pediatric patient. The most common causes of acute compartment syndrome of the foot in children are crush syndromes with or without fractures. We pres
- PMID 16399561
- Even a sardine's head becomes holy: the role of household encyclopedias in sustaining civilisation in pre-industrial Japan
- Yokoyama Toshio,横山 俊夫
- SANSAI : An Environmental Journal for the Global Community 1, 41-57, 2006-01
- … However, people eventually developed a sense of humour with which they could laugh at themselves for behaving timidly in accordance with the instructions those books offered. …
- NAID 120001981957
- 守屋 彰夫
- 東京女子大学紀要論集 45(1), 139-163, 1994-09-20
- … the rendition "fearfully, timidly" (hitb^ehala in 2:25a) is wrong (cf. …
- NAID 110006000570
- adj. tim・id・er, tim・id・est. 1. Lacking self-confidence; shy. 2. Fearful and hesitant: problems that call for bold, not timid, responses. [Latin timidus, from tim re, to fear.] ti・mid i・ty, tim id・ness n. tim id・ly adv. ...