- It is dificult to be sure of the degree of blood loss in hematoemesis because the patient will find it difficult to quantitate the volume of blood, and the amount of blood still in the gastrointestinal tract is unknown.
- quantification, quantify, quantitation
- use as a quantifier
- express as a number or measure or quantity; "Can you quantify your results?" (同)measure
- the act of discovering or expressing the quantity of something
- a limitation imposed on the variables of a proposition (as by the quantifiers `some or `all or `no'
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- A novel approach to determine solid fraction using a laser-based direct volume measurement device.
- Iyer RM1, Hegde S, Singhal D, Malick W.Author information 1Hoffmann-La Roche Inc., Pharmaceutical & Analytical R & D , Nutley , USA and.AbstractMaterial properties play a significant role in pharmaceutical processing. In the present study, a novel approach is used to determine solid fraction (SF) based on a direct measurement (DM) of the apparent volume of a sample. The sample was scanned with low intensity laser beams that integrate the sample thickness across the surface (area) and quantitate the apparent volume. The SF by DM method was compared against that obtained by volume displacement (VD) and manual measurement methods. SF was determined by all three methods for formulations of Avicel DG, lactose and a 1:1 mixture of the two. The results from DM method and variability were comparable to that obtained by VD method. The manual method provided lower and more variable results. The DM method was able to differentiate between SF of different ribbon and tablet formulations and at varying force levels. Tracking SF of compacts during tablet development can help in setting acceptable specifications and to understand material deformation behavior during compression. Further, the results of the study indicate that the DM method using laser scan technique was suitable for routine testing of SF of roller compacted ribbons and compressed tablets.
- Pharmaceutical development and technology.Pharm Dev Technol.2014 Aug;19(5):577-82. doi: 10.3109/10837450.2013.813540. Epub 2013 Aug 12.
- Material properties play a significant role in pharmaceutical processing. In the present study, a novel approach is used to determine solid fraction (SF) based on a direct measurement (DM) of the apparent volume of a sample. The sample was scanned with low intensity laser beams that integrate the sa
- PMID 23930891
- Assessing therapeutic effectiveness of scalp treatments for dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis, part 1: a reliable and relevant method based on the adherent scalp flaking score (ASFS).
- Bacon RA1, Mizoguchi H, Schwartz JR.Author information 1The Procter and Gamble Company , Cincinnati, OH , USA.AbstractBACKGROUND: Dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis (D/SD) are common and troublesome scalp conditions with the primary signs and symptoms being presence of skin flakes, pruritus, a tight feeling, and sometimes erythema.
- The Journal of dermatological treatment.J Dermatolog Treat.2014 Jun;25(3):232-6. doi: 10.3109/09546634.2012.687089. Epub 2012 Jun 12.
- BACKGROUND: Dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis (D/SD) are common and troublesome scalp conditions with the primary signs and symptoms being presence of skin flakes, pruritus, a tight feeling, and sometimes erythema.AIM: To demonstrate the reliability and relevance of a clinical model for the assessm
- PMID 22515728
- Two-phase hollow fiber liquid phase microextraction based on magnetofluid for simultaneous determination of Echinacoside, Tubuloside B, Acteoside and Isoacteoside in rat plasma after oral administration of Cistanche salsa extract by high performance liquid chromatography.
- Zhou J1, Zhang Q1, Sun JB2, Sun XL3, Zeng P4.Author information 1Department of Pharmacy, Urumqi General Hospital of PLA, Urumqi, Xinjiang 830000, China.2Department Clinical Laboratory, No. 23 Hospital of PLA, Urumqi, Xinjiang 830000, China.3Department of Pharmacy, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710032, China. Electronic address: email@example.comDepartment of Pharmacy, Urumqi General Hospital of PLA, Urumqi, Xinjiang 830000, China. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractA new and fast sample preparation technique based on two-phase hollow fiber liquid phase microextraction (HF-LPME) with magnetofluid was developed to quantitate and determine the four phenylethanoid glycosides (PhGs) (Echinacoside, Tubuloside B, Acteoside and Isoacteoside) in plasma after oral administration of Cistanche salsa extract. Analysis was accomplished by reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC) with ultraviolet detection. Parameters that affect the HF-LPME processes, such as the content of magnetic powder, the solvent type, salt content, stirring speed, extraction time and hollow fiber length, were investigated and optimized. Under the optimized conditions, the preconcentration factors for PhGs were higher than 625. The calibration curve for PhGs was linear in the range of 0.1-100ngmL(-1) with correlation coefficients greater than 0.9996. The intra-day and inter-day precision (RSD) were below 8.74% and the limits of detection (LOD) for the four PhGs were 8-15pgmL(-1) (S/N=3). The validated method was successfully applied to separate and determine the four PhGs in rat plasma after oral administration of C. salsa extract.
- Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis.J Pharm Biomed Anal.2014 Jun;94:30-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jpba.2014.01.013. Epub 2014 Jan 25.
- A new and fast sample preparation technique based on two-phase hollow fiber liquid phase microextraction (HF-LPME) with magnetofluid was developed to quantitate and determine the four phenylethanoid glycosides (PhGs) (Echinacoside, Tubuloside B, Acteoside and Isoacteoside) in plasma after oral admin
- PMID 24531006
- Mass Spectrometry Measurements of Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Peptides Derived From Immune-Extracted PSA Provide a Potential Strategy for Harmonizing Immunoassay Differences.
- Klee EW1, Bondar OP, Goodmanson MK, Trushin SA, Singh RJ, Anderson NL, Klee GG.Author information 1Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905; email@example.com.AbstractObjectives: Harmonization of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) immunoassays is important for good patient care. The specificity of the antibodies used to detect circulating PSA could cause differences in the PSA measurements. Methods: We used mass spectrometry (MS) to quantitate the concentration of five peptides cleaved from trypsin digestion of PSA and compared these measurements with six automated immunoassays. Linear regression and a mixed-effects model were used to analyze the results. Results: PSA measurements from the immunoassays and the five MS peptide assays were highly correlated (R(2) > 0.99), but the recovery of the World Health Organization standard and the regression slopes differed across assays. The same relative patterns of immunoassay differences were seen in comparing their results with each of the five MS peptide measurements from different parts of the circulating PSA molecules. Conclusions: Mass spectrometry quantitation of peptides derived from trypsin digestion of immune-extracted PSA could be used to harmonize PSA immunoassays.
- American journal of clinical pathology.Am J Clin Pathol.2014 Apr;141(4):527-33. doi: 10.1309/AJCP8PEL0YXAHDVK.
- Objectives: Harmonization of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) immunoassays is important for good patient care. The specificity of the antibodies used to detect circulating PSA could cause differences in the PSA measurements. Methods: We used mass spectrometry (MS) to quantitate the concentration of f
- PMID 24619754
- Development and Industrial Application of the Quality Control System of Stem Cells Using Glycan Lectin Engineering
- quantitate [kwänt′ə tāt′] quantitate definition by Webster's New World transitive verb quantitated, quantitating to measure or determine the quantity of Origin: back-formation ; from quantitative Related Forms: quantitation noun ...
- Definition of QUANTITATE 1: to measure or estimate the quantity of; especially: to measure or determine precisely 2: to express in quantitative terms — quan·ti·ta·tion \ ˌ kwän-tə-ˈ tā-shən\ noun Origin of QUANTITATE back ...
- quantitate (third-person singular simple present quantitates, present participle quantitating, simple past and past participle quantitated) To measure the quantity of. Especially with high accuracy and including measurement.  ...
- The main objective was to characterise and quantify the cardiovascular and gastrointestinal risks of particular NSAID regimens among different types of patients, particularly those at increased risk of vascular disease.