- cause to be out of tune; "Dont untune that string!"
- Evolution of mutation rate and virulence among human retroviruses.
- Ewald PW.SourceDepartment of Biology, Amherst College, Massachusetts 01002-5000.
- Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biological sciences.Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci.1994 Nov 29;346(1317):333-41; discussion 341-3.
- High mutation rates are generally considered to be detrimental to the fitness of multicellular organisms because mutations untune finely tuned biological machinery. However, high mutation rates may be favoured by a need to evade an immune system that has been strongly stimulated to recognize those v
- PMID 7708828
- v. t., 1. To make incapable of harmony, or of harmonious action; to put out of tune. ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms. Verb, 1. untune - cause to lose one's composure. discomfit, discompose, disconcert, upset ...