- exhibiting the qualities or characteristics that identify a group or kind or category; "a typical American girl"; "a typical suburban community"; "the typical car owner drives 10,000 miles a year"; "a painting typical of the Impressionist school"; "a typical romantic poem"; "a typical case of arteritis"
- conforming to a type; "the typical (or normal) American"; "typical teenage behavior"
- regularly scheduled for fixed times; "at a regular meeting of the PTA"; "regular bus departures"
- a garment size for persons of average height and weight
- a regular patron; "an habitue of the racetrack"; "a bum who is a Central Park fixture" (同)habitue, fixture
- a dependable follower (especially in party politics); "he is one of the party regulars"
- a soldier in the regular army
- relating to a person who does something regularly; "a regular customer"; "a steady drinker" (同)steady
- often used as intensifiers; "a regular morass of details"; "a regular nincompoop"; "hes a veritable swine" (同)veritable
- (of solids) having clear dimensions that can be measured; volume can be determined with a suitable geometric formula
- (used of the military) belonging to or engaged in by legitimate army forces; "the regular army"
- conforming to a standard or pattern; "following the regular procedure of the legislature"; "a regular electrical outlet"
- in accord with regular practice or procedure; "took his regular morning walk"; "her regular bedtime"
- in accordance with fixed order or procedure or principle; "his regular calls on his customers"; "regular meals"; "regular duties"
- not deviating from what is normal; "her regular bedtime"
- officially full-time; "regular students"
- securely placed or fastened or set; "a fixed piece of wood"; "a fixed resistor"
- incapable of being changed or moved or undone; e.g. "frozen prices"; "living on fixed incomes" (同)frozen
- fixed and unmoving; "with eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"; "his bearded face already has a set hollow look"- Connor Cruise OBrien; "a face rigid with pain" (同)set, rigid
- (of a number) having a fixed and unchanging value
- in a typical manner; "Tom was typically hostile"
- 『典型的な』,代表的な / 特色をよく示す,特徴的な
- 『いつもの』,習慣的な / 『規則正しい』,きちんとした / 『定まった』決まった;定時の,定期的な / 普通の,標準どおりの / 均整のとれた,整然とした / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『正規の』,正式の;本職の / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》《話》好ましい,すてきな;全くの正真正銘の / (文法で)規則変化の / (カトリック教で)修道会に属する宗規に従う / 《話》常連 / 正規兵
- 『固定した』,据え付けの / (視線などが)動かない / 確定した,変動しない / 八百長の
- 典型的に,代表的に / 典型的な場合に / 特徴的に
This article is about the single by MuteMath. For the album by Peter Hammill, see Typical (album).
|Single by Mutemath
|from the album Mutemath
||April 10, 2007
Physical release (UK)
||Teleprompt, Warner Bros.
|Mutemath singles chronology
|Mutemath track listing
|"After We Have Left Our Homes"
"Typical" is the debut single from New Orleans rock group Mutemath. The song was written in 2003 by Paul Meany and Darren King. The digital single was released on April 10, 2007. A physical single was released in the UK only on August 27, 2007. Josh Harris club remixes of the song were also released digitally to several outlets on September 18, 2007. The song is also featured as downloadable content for the Rock Band series of video games. The song was also featured in the 2009 film, The Stepfather.
- 1 Television and radio
- 2 Music video
- 3 Track listing
- 4 Release history
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Television and radio
The group has performed the song on both ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! and CBS' The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and the video began rotation on MTV Networks in May 2007 beginning with MTVu. An edited form of the song was featured on an advertisement for the Discovery Channel in the spring of 2008. It was also used in a promo for HBO in 2007.
As of late June, the single started receiving major airplay in Modern Rock and is quickly rising up the Mediabase Alternative chart jumping from #115 to #65 and was also the second most added song on Alternative stations the week of June 13, 2007. The single then jumped to a peak position of #36 the first week of August 2007, remaining there for over 6 weeks and debuted at #39 on Billboard's US Modern Rock Chart the week of August 4, 2007 where it reached a peak position of #33.
The video for "Typical" premiered on YouTube on March 21, 2007. The concept video was directed by Israel Anthem and features the band performing the song backwards. The band rehearsed and memorized the performance in reverse. The video made it on the New York Post Hot List and registered more than 100,000 views in fewer than four days. It has since been viewed over 2 million times. The video reached #7 on Billboard's Hot Video Clip Tracks chart in July 2007. The group garnered further buzz for the single by recreating their video in a live performance for Jimmy Kimmel Live! using the same technique that was used in the original video of reverse playback. The video was nominated for a Grammy Award on December 6, 2007 for "Best Short Form Video".
- Original Single Release
- "Typical" (album version) - 4:12
- Promo Remix CD (PRO-CD-102127)
- "Typical" (Josh Harris club mix) - 7:41
- "Typical" (Josh Harris club dub) - 7:31
- "Typical" (Josh Harris remix edit) - 3:48
- UK Single CD (B000UDY8KK)
- "Typical" (album version) - 4:12
- "Progress" - 4:45
- "Typical" (Enhanced CD Video)
- "Typical" (Enhanced CD Live Video) (This video recording is from the Live at the El Rey EP.)
||April 10, 2007
||August 27, 2007
- ^ Typical (Josh Harris Remix Edit) at Connect.com
- ^ "Mediabase Alternative Charts". Mediabase. June 13, 2007.
- ^ "Billboard Chart History". Billboard. August 4, 2007.
- ^ Mirchandani, Raakhee; Shen, Maxine (April 1, 2007). "HOT LIST". New York Post.
- ^ "Typical". YouTube.
- ^ Darmanin, Rachael (September 19, 2007). "Mutemath Performs Backwards For National TV". CMJ.
- ^ "50th Annual Grammy Award Nominees". Grammy.com. December 6, 2007.
- The video for "Typical" on YouTube
- Full lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
- Paul Meany
- Darren King
- Roy Mitchell-Cárdenas
- Todd Gummerman
- Odd Soul
- "Peculiar People"
- "Transformers Theme"
- "The Nerve"
- "Odd Soul"
- "Blood Pressure"
- Flesh and Bones Electric Fun
- Armistice Live
- Teleprompt Records
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- ARAS: an automated radioactivity aliquoting system for dispensing solutions containing positron-emitting radioisotopes.
- Dooraghi AA1,2,3, Carroll L4, Collins J5,6, van Dam RM7,8, Chatziioannou AF9,10.
- EJNMMI research.EJNMMI Res.2016 Dec;6(1):22. doi: 10.1186/s13550-016-0176-9. Epub 2016 Mar 9.
- BACKGROUND: Automated protocols for measuring and dispensing solutions containing radioisotopes are essential not only for providing a safe environment for radiation workers but also to ensure accuracy of dispensed radioactivity and an efficient workflow. For this purpose, we have designed ARAS, an
- PMID 26956805
- Chronic cluster headache and the pituitary gland.
- De Pue A1, Lutin B2, Paemeleire K3.
- The journal of headache and pain.J Headache Pain.2016 Dec;17(1):23. doi: 10.1186/s10194-016-0614-0. Epub 2016 Mar 11.
- BACKGROUND: Cluster headache is classified as a primary headache by definition not caused by an underlying pathology. However, symptomatic cases of otherwise typical cluster headache have been reported.CASE PRESENTATION: A 47-year-old male suffered from primary chronic cluster headache (CCH, ICHD-3
- PMID 26969187
- Wave Generation in Unidirectional Chains of Idealized Neural Oscillators.
- Fernandez B1, Mintchev SM2.
- Journal of mathematical neuroscience.J Math Neurosci.2016 Dec;6(1):5. doi: 10.1186/s13408-016-0037-x. Epub 2016 Apr 8.
- We investigate the dynamics of unidirectional semi-infinite chains of type-I oscillators that are periodically forced at their root node, as an archetype of wave generation in neural networks. In previous studies, numerical simulations based on uniform forcing have revealed that trajectories approac
- PMID 27059027
- Vertically Free-Standing Ordered Pb(Zr0.52Ti0.48)O3 Nanocup Arrays by Template-Assisted Ion Beam Etching.
- Zhang X1, Tang D1, Huang K1, Hu D1, Zhang F1, Gao X1, Lu X1, Zhou G2,3, Zhang Z4, Liu J1,5.
- Nanoscale research letters.Nanoscale Res Lett.2016 Dec;11(1):225. doi: 10.1186/s11671-016-1369-x. Epub 2016 Apr 27.
- In this report, vertically free-standing lead zirconate titanate Pb(Zr0.52Ti0.48)O3 (PZT) nanocup arrays with good ordering and high density (1.3 × 10(10) cm(-2)) were demonstrated. By a template-assisted ion beam etching (IBE) strategy, the PZT formed in the pore-through anodic aluminum oxide
- PMID 27117635
- Reduction of Potassium (K) Content in Strawberry Fruits through KNO3 Management of Hydroponics
- 児童の得意な表現を手がかりとした創作活動のための学習材の開発 : ジョン・ゾーンの作曲手法を参照して <論文>
- typical 【形】 〔種や類などの〕代表[典型]的な 〔代表となるものが〕特徴を... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- typicalとは。意味や和訳。[形容詞]1 典型的[代表的，模範的]なthe typical hippie典型的なヒッピー.2 (ある)型にはまったThat is a typical suit for a businessman.型にはまったビジネスマンの背広だ.3 〔生物〕 基準的[模式的]なthe ...
- typ·i·cal (tĭp′ĭ-kəl) adj. 1. Exhibiting the qualities, traits, or characteristics that identify a kind, class, group, or category: a typical suburban community. 2. Of or relating to a representative specimen; characteristic or distinctive. 3. ...
- atypical mycobacterial infection