- paint (a surface) to make it look like stone or wood
- dry seed-like fruit produced by the cereal grasses: e.g. wheat, barley, Indian corn (同)caryopsis
- a weight unit used for pearls or diamonds: 50 mg or 1/4 carat (同)metric grain
- 1/60 dram; equals an avoirdupois grain or 64.799 milligrams
- 1/7000 pound; equals a troy grain or 64.799 milligrams
- a cereal grass; "wheat is a grain that is grown in Kansas"
- the side of leather from which the hair has been removed
- the direction, texture, or pattern of fibers found in wood or leather or stone or in a woven fabric; "saw the board across the grain"
- the smallest possible unit of anything; "there was a grain of truth in what he said"; "he does not have a grain of sense"
- foodstuff prepared from the starchy grains of cereal grasses (同)food grain, cereal
- a relatively small granular particle of a substance; "a grain of sand"; "a grain of sugar"
- convert grain into malt
- convert into malt
- treat with malt or malt extract; "malt beer"
- turn into malt, become malt
- a lager of high alcohol content; by law it is considered too alcoholic to be sold as lager or beer (同)malt liquor
- a cereal grain (usually barley) that is kiln-dried after having been germinated by soaking in water; used especially in brewing and distilling
- made of grain or relating to grain or the plants that produce it; "a cereal beverage"; "cereal grasses"
- grass whose starchy grains are used as food: wheat; rice; rye; oats; maize; buckwheat; millet (同)cereal grass
- a breakfast food prepared from grain
- 〈C〉(穀類の)『粒』《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉《集合的に》『穀物』,穀類 / 〈C〉(砂・塩などの)粒《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉《おもに否定文で》『ごく少量』,ほんの少し(の…)《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉グレーン(最小の重量単位で約0.0648グラム;《略》『gr.』,『g.』) / 〈U〉(木・石などの)きめ,はだ,木目(もくめ),石目
- 麦芽,麦もやし / (また『malt liquor』)麦芽酒(麦芽から作ったビール・エールなど) / 〈C〉=malted milk 2 / 〈麦〉‘を'麦芽にする;〈酒など〉‘を'麦芽で作る / 〈麦が〉麦芽になる
- 〈C〉《通例複数形で》『穀物』,穀類 / (また《米》breakfast food)〈U〉〈C〉朝食用の穀類加工食品(oatmealやcornflakesなど) / 〈C〉穀類を生ずる植物 / 穀類の
- Variation in chemical composition and physical characteristics of cereal grains from different genotypes.
- Rodehutscord M1, Rückert C1, Maurer HP2, Schenkel H3, Schipprack W4, Bach Knudsen KE5, Schollenberger M1, Laux M1, Eklund M1, Siegert W1, Mosenthin R1.
- Archives of animal nutrition.Arch Anim Nutr.2016 Apr;70(2):87-107. doi: 10.1080/1745039X.2015.1133111. Epub 2016 Feb 1.
- Genotypes of cereal grains, including winter barley (n = 21), maize (n = 27), oats (n = 14), winter rye (n = 22), winter triticale (n = 21) and winter wheat (n = 29), were assayed for their chemical composition and physical characteristics as part of the collaborative research project re
- PMID 26829392
- Hybridization of powdery mildew strains gives rise to pathogens on novel agricultural crop species.
- Menardo F1, Praz CR1, Wyder S1, Ben-David R1, Bourras S1, Matsumae H2, McNally KE1, Parlange F1, Riba A3, Roffler S1, Schaefer LK1, Shimizu KK2, Valenti L1, Zbinden H1, Wicker T1, Keller B1.
- Nature genetics.Nat Genet.2016 Feb;48(2):201-5. doi: 10.1038/ng.3485. Epub 2016 Jan 11.
- Throughout the history of agriculture, many new crop species (polyploids or artificial hybrids) have been introduced to diversify products or to increase yield. However, little is known about how these new crops influence the evolution of new pathogens and diseases. Triticale is an artificial hybrid
- PMID 26752267
- The Role of Hybridization in the Evolution and Emergence of New Fungal Plant Pathogens.
- Stukenbrock EH1.
- Phytopathology.Phytopathology.2016 Feb;106(2):104-12. doi: 10.1094/PHYTO-08-15-0184-RVW. Epub 2016 Jan 29.
- Hybridization in fungi has recently been recognized as a major force in the generation of new fungal plant pathogens. These include the grass pathogen Zymoseptoria pseudotritici and the powdery mildew pathogen Blumeria graminis triticale of triticale. Hybridization also plays an important role in th
- PMID 26824768
- Organic cultivation system of corn-triticale rotation using white clover living mulch
- 他に「トリチカレ」や「トリティカーレ」（Triticale）とも呼ばれますが、この名称は小麦（Triticum aestivum）とライ麦（Secale cereale）の学名から付けられたとされています。 ライ麦の小麦が育ちにくい寒冷地などの土地でも栽培が可能と ...
- Triticale Triticale is a low maintenance cereal with an aggressive growth habit and robust agronomic characteristics that is increasing rapidly in popularity with farmers across the country. New Winter and Spring sown varieties are now ...
- cereal、grain、triticale、wheat germ
- cereal crops、grain、malt、triticale