- to the greatest extent; completely; "youre quite right"; "she was quite alone"; "was quite mistaken"; "quite the opposite"; "not quite finished"; "did not quite make it"
- of an unusually noticeable or exceptional or remarkable kind (not used with a negative); "her victory was quite something"; "shes quite a girl"; "quite a film"; "quite a walk"; "weve had quite an afternoon" (同)quite a, quite an
- to a degree (not used with a negative); "quite tasty"; "quite soon"; "quite ill"; "quite rich" (同)rather
- actually or truly or to an extreme; "was quite a sudden change"; "its quite the thing to do"; "quite the rage"; "Quite so!"
- totally and definitely; without question; "we are absolutely opposed to the idea"; "he forced himself to lie absolutely still"; "iron is absolutely necessary"
- completely and without qualification; used informally as intensifiers; "an absolutely magnificent painting"; "a perfectly idiotic idea"; "youre perfectly right"; "utterly miserable"; "you can be dead sure of my innocence"; "was dead tired"; "dead right" (同)perfectly, utterly, dead
- without any others being included or involved; "was entirely to blame"; "a school devoted entirely to the needs of problem children"; "he works for Mr. Smith exclusively"; "did it solely for money"; "the burden of proof rests on the prosecution alone"; "a privilege granted only to him" (同)exclusively, solely, alone, only
- completely and absolutely (`good is sometimes used informally for `thoroughly' (同)soundly, good
- in an exhaustive manner; "we searched the files thoroughly" (同)exhaustively
- completely; "stark mad"; "mouth stark open"
- complete or extreme; "stark poverty"; "a stark contrast"
- determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town" (同)tot, tot up, sum, sum_up, summate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up
- damage beyond the point of repair; "My son totaled our new car"; "the rock star totals his guitar at every concert"
- add up in number or quantity; "The bills amounted to $2,000"; "The bill came to $2,000" (同)number, add up, come, amount
- 『全く』,完全に / 『かなり』,相当に,ずいぶん / ほんとうに,実際に,真に
- 『絶対的に』,完全に / 無条件に,断然 / 《話》(返事や合いの手として)そのとおり,まったく
- 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》全くの,正真正銘の / (景色・場所などが)荒れた,ものさびしい / (気候が)きびしい / (顔・態度が)こわばった,堅い
- 『総計の』,全体の / 『全くの』,完全な(absolute) / 『合計』,総額,総数,総量(sum) / …‘を'合計する / 合計…‘に'なる,総額が…‘に'のぼる(amount to)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Diminution of 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride toxicity on Listeria monocytogenes growth by iron source addition to the culture medium.
- Junillon T, Flandrois JP.Author information Université de Lyon 1, F-69000 Lyon, CNRS, UMR5558, Laboratoire de Biométrie et Biologie Evolutive, F-69622 Villeurbanne, France; bioMerieux SA département Microbiologie industrielle, Chemin de l'Orme 69280 Marcy l'Etoile, France. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractTetrazolium salts (TTZ) such as 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride (TTC) are readily reduced by bacterial populations of various genus. The reduced form of these redox indicators is conspicuously colored allowing a quick and easy detection of growth. The studies are mainly confined to Gram negative bacteria because of an important toxic effect of tetrazolium salts on Gram positive bacteria. Indeed, we observed an important impact of different tetrazolium salts on Listeria monocytogenes growth, curiously limited to an increase in the duration of the lag phase. In this study, we demonstrate that increasing the iron concentration in a medium containing TTC leads to a significant decrease of the lag phase. L. monocytogenes growth was kinetically measured and growth parameters were estimated using the Baranyi model. While lag phase diminution was found to be iron concentration dependent, growth rate was not affected. Addition of iron enables growth of some strains totally inhibited by a 0.4 g/l of TTC and for the other a significant reduction of the latency is observed. The nature of the mechanism resulting in a decrease of the observed lag phase remains unclear. Then, the use of iron supplementation may be proposed to overcome the inhibitory effect of TTC on L. monocytogenes.
- Food microbiology.Food Microbiol.2014 Apr;38:1-5. doi: 10.1016/j.fm.2013.07.005. Epub 2013 Jul 31.
- Tetrazolium salts (TTZ) such as 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride (TTC) are readily reduced by bacterial populations of various genus. The reduced form of these redox indicators is conspicuously colored allowing a quick and easy detection of growth. The studies are mainly confined to Gram negative
- PMID 24290619
- Pulse methylprednisolone therapy for the treatment of extensive alopecia areata.
- Açıkgöz G, Ozmen I, Cayırlı M, Yeniay Y, Köse O.Author information Department of Dermatology, Gülhane School of Medicine , Ankara , Turkey.AbstractBackground: Since the mainstay of pathogenesis depends on autoimmune process, systemic steroids are widely used in the treatment of alopecia with various side effects. To avoid side effects of long-term steroid treatment, pulse methylprednisolone therapy appears to be a safe treatment option. Objective: The aim was to determine the effect of pulse methylprednisolone therapy for the treatment of adult alopecia areata. Methods: Demographical features of all patients were recorded before the treatment. Patients received methylprednisolone 500 mg intravenously for 3 consecutive days every month for 3 months. Patients were followed up for 3 months. Treatment responses were defined by complete regrowth (100%), significant regrowth (>50%) and minimal regrowth (<50%). Results: Totally 15 patients were enrolled in this study. At the end of the study, two patients had significant regrowth and one patient had minimal regrowth in multifocal alopecia areata (n = 4); one patient had significant regrowth and one patient had minimal regrowth in alopecia universalis (n = 8); three patients had no regrowth in alopecia totalis (n = 3). Conclusions: The study suggests that pulse methylprednisolone therapy might be a therapeutic option for severe multifocal alopecia areata. However, in alopecia totalis or universalis, treatment results are unsatisfactory.
- The Journal of dermatological treatment.J Dermatolog Treat.2014 Apr;25(2):164-6. doi: 10.3109/09546634.2013.768759. Epub 2013 May 6.
- Background: Since the mainstay of pathogenesis depends on autoimmune process, systemic steroids are widely used in the treatment of alopecia with various side effects. To avoid side effects of long-term steroid treatment, pulse methylprednisolone therapy appears to be a safe treatment option. Object
- PMID 23336179
- Fibulin-2 deficiency attenuates angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy by reducing transforming growth factor-β signalling.
- Zhang H, Wu J, Dong H, Khan SA, Chu ML, Tsuda T.Author information *Nemours Biomedical Research and Nemours Cardiac Center, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE 19803, U.S.A.AbstractAngII (angiotensin II) is a potent neurohormone responsible for cardiac hypertrophy, in which TGF (transforming growth factor)-β serves as a principal downstream mediator. We recently found that ablation of fibulin-2 in mice attenuated TGF-β signalling, protected mice against progressive ventricular dysfunction, and significantly reduced the mortality after experimental MI (myocardial infarction). In the present study, we investigated the role of fibulin-2 in AngII-induced TGF-β signalling and subsequent cardiac hypertrophy. We performed chronic subcutaneous infusion of AngII in fibulin-2 null (Fbln2-/-), heterozygous (Fbln2+/-) and WT (wild-type) mice by a mini-osmotic pump. After 4 weeks of subpressor dosage of AngII infusion (0.2 μg/kg of body weight per min), WT mice developed significant hypertrophy, whereas the Fbln2-/- showed no response. In WT, AngII treatment significantly up-regulated mRNAs for fibulin-2, ANP (atrial natriuretic peptide), TGF-β1, Col I (collagen type I), Col III (collagen type III), MMP (matrix metalloproteinase)-2 and MMP-9, and increased the phosphorylation of TGF-β-downstream signalling markers, Smad2, TAK1 (TGF-β-activated kinase 1) and p38 MAPK (mitogen-activated protein kinase), which were all unchanged in AngII-treated Fbln2-/- mice. The Fbln2+/- mice consistently displayed AngII-induced effects intermediate between WT and Fbln2-/-. Pressor dosage of AngII (2 mg/kg of body weight per min) induced significant fibrosis in WT but not in Fbln2-/- mice with comparable hypertension and hypertrophy in both groups. Isolated CFs (cardiac fibroblasts) were treated with AngII, in which direct AngII effects and TGF-β-mediated autocrine effects was observed in WT. The latter effects were totally abolished in Fbln2-/- cells, suggesting that fibulin-2 is essential for AngII-induced TGF-β activation. In conclusion our data indicate that fibulin-2 is essential for AngII-induced TGF-β-mediated cardiac hypertrophy via enhanced TGF-β activation and suggest that fibulin-2 is a potential therapeutic target to inhibit AngII-induced cardiac remodelling.
- Clinical science (London, England : 1979).Clin Sci (Lond).2014 Feb;126(4):275-88. doi: 10.1042/CS20120636.
- AngII (angiotensin II) is a potent neurohormone responsible for cardiac hypertrophy, in which TGF (transforming growth factor)-β serves as a principal downstream mediator. We recently found that ablation of fibulin-2 in mice attenuated TGF-β signalling, protected mice against progressive ventricul
- PMID 23841699
- Visual Recognition of Age Class and Preference for Infantile Features: Implications for Species-Specific vs Universal Cognitive Traits in Primates.
- Sato Anna,Koda Hiroki,Lemasson Alban,Nagumo Sumiharu,Masataka Nobuo
- PloS one 7(5), 2012-05
- … the fact that CMs were totally naïve to JMs suggested that the attractiveness of infant images transcends species differences. …
- NAID 120004247267
- 「もの」概念について- 「もの」 = 「マナ」説に関する考察-
- 井原 奉明
- 學苑 858, 86-98, 2012-04-01
- … He then introduces the phenomenological conception on space with the notion of omote(front)and ura(back)to make up for the defect of the former studies and constitute a totally consistent theory. …
- NAID 110008914135
- totallyとは。意味や和訳。[副]まったく，すべて，すっかりI am not totally unaware of these things.それらのことを何も知らないわけではない.... - goo英和辞書は14万項目以上を収録し、発音、音声、慣用句、例文が分かる英和辞書です。
- absolutely、altogether、complete、drastic、drastically、entirely、exhaustive、exhaustively、full、fully、in depth、integral、perfect、perfectly、quite、radically、stark、thorough、thoroughly、totally、wholly
- absolutely、altogether、complete、completely、drastic、drastically、entirely、exhaustive、exhaustively、in depth、perfect、perfectly、quite、radically、stark、thorough、totally、wholly
- all、altogether、common、entire、entirety、gross、overall、total amount、whole