- of a light brown to brownish orange color; the color of tanned leather (同)tawny-brown
- a chronic disease interfering with the normal functioning of the liver; the major cause is chronic alcoholism (同)cirrhosis of the liver
- a soup of eastern India that is flavored with curry; prepared with a meat or chicken base
- reddish-brown European owl having a round head with black eyes (同)Strix aluco
- brownish eagle of Africa and parts of Asia (同)Aquila rapax
- having a tawny color (同)tawny-coloured
- a large marble used for shooting in the game of marbles (同)shooter
- the 23rd letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- はじき玉,び‐玉 / (はじき玉遊びの)基線
- Comparison of PFASs contamination in the freshwater and terrestrial environments by analysis of eggs from osprey (Pandion haliaetus), tawny owl (Strix aluco), and common kestrel (Falco tinnunculus).
- Eriksson U1, Roos A2, Lind Y2, Hope K3, Ekblad A3, Kärrman A3.
- Environmental research.Environ Res.2016 Aug;149:40-7. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2016.04.038. Epub 2016 May 9.
- The level of PFAS (per- and polyfluorinated alkyl substances) contamination in freshwater and terrestrial Swedish environments in 2013/2014 was assessed by analyzing a range of perfluorinated alkyl acids, fluorotelomer acids, sulfonamides, sulfonamidoethanols and polyfluoralkyl phosphate diesters (d
- PMID 27174782
- Food availability and predation risk, rather than intrinsic attributes, are the main factors shaping the reproductive decisions of a long-lived predator.
- Hoy SR1, Millon A2, Petty SJ1, Whitfield DP3, Lambin X1.
- The Journal of animal ecology.J Anim Ecol.2016 Jul;85(4):892-902. doi: 10.1111/1365-2656.12517. Epub 2016 May 3.
- Deciphering the causes of variation in reproductive success is a fundamental issue in ecology, as the number of offspring produced is an important driver of individual fitness and population dynamics. Little is known, however, about how different factors interact to drive variation in reproduction,
- PMID 26990178
- The Thermal Breadth of Nylanderia fulva (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) Is Narrower Than That of Solenopsis invicta at Three Thermal Ramping Rates: 1.0, 0.12, and 0.06°C min-1.
- Bentley MT1, Hahn DA2, Oi FM2.
- Environmental entomology.Environ Entomol.2016 Jun 1. pii: nvw050. [Epub ahead of print]
- Determining the upper (CTmax) and lower (CTmin) critical thermal limits of invasive ants provides insight into how temperature could shape their distribution, seasonality, and daily activity. Understanding the potential distribution of invasive ants is imperative to improving quarantine and manageme
- PMID 27252409
- Primary diffuse malignant peritoneal mesothelioma in a striped skunk (Mephitis mephitis)
- Primary diffuse malignant peritoneal mesothelioma in a striped skunk (<i>Mephitis mephitis</i>)
- tawnyとは。意味や和訳。[形]（-ni・er, -ni・est）1 黄褐色の.2 ((米俗))すばらしい. [名][U]黄褐色.taw・ni・ness[名]... - goo英和辞書は14万項目以上を収録し、発音、音声、慣用句、例文が分かる英和辞書です。
- Usually a tawny-light brownish color, they may also be gray or reddish. The next quality level, with more body and concentration, is tawny port. tawny frogmouths blend in with tree bark and stumps while sleeping ...
- cirrho(=tawny yellow)