- a receptacle into which an electric device can be inserted
- receptacle where something (a pipe or probe or end of a bone) is inserted
- a bony hollow into which a structure fits
- set into opposition or rivalry; "let them match their best athletes against ours"; "pit a chess player against the Russian champion"; "He plays his two children off against each other" (同)oppose, match, play off
- a concavity in a surface (especially an anatomical depression) (同)fossa
- remove the pits from; "pit plums and cherries" (同)stone
- a trap in the form of a concealed hole (同)pitfall
- a surface excavation for extracting stone or slate; "a British term for `quarry is `stone pit" (同)quarry, stone pit
- (auto racing) an area at the side of a racetrack where the race cars are serviced and refueled
- (commodity exchange) the part of the floor of a commodity exchange where trading in a particular commodity is carried on
- an enclosure in which animals are made to fight
- a sizeable hole (usually in the ground); "they dug a pit to bury the body" (同)cavity
- a long narrow shallow receptacle
- a narrow depression (as in the earth or between ocean waves or in the ocean bed)
- the socket part of the ball-and-socket joint between the head of the femur and the innominate bone
- a socket into which a lightbulb can be inserted
- hit hard (同)bop, whop, whap, bonk, bash
- hosiery consisting of a cloth covering for the foot; worn inside the shoe; reaches to between the ankle and the knee
- (物を差し込む)穴,受け口,ソケット / 窩(か)(体の部分で落ちくぼんだ所)
- (自然の,または掘った)『地面の穴』,『くぼみ』 / 《しばしば単数形で》《the pit》立て坑,採掘場 / 落とし穴 / 《単数形で》《the pit》《英》(劇場の)平土間(1階正面後部の安い料金の席全体を指す);平土間の観客;《米》(舞台手前の1段低くなった)オーケストラ席 / (身体や物の表面の自然にできた)くぼみ / 《しばしば複数形で》(傷・天然痘などでできた皮膚の)小さなくぼんだ跡,あばた / (動物を入れておく)囲い;闘鶏場(cockpit),闘犬場 / 《the ~》地獄(hell) / ピット / 自動車修理店などで,車体の下で作業するために床に設けたくぼみ / 《the pits》自動車レースで給油・タイヤ交換などの場所 / …‘に'点々と穴をあける;…‘を'あばたにする / (…と)…‘を'取り組ませる,対坑させる《+『名』+『against』+『名』》
- (サクランボ・モモなどの)核,種(stone) / 〈果物〉‘から'種を取り除く
- (細長い箱形の)水おけ,水盤;かいばおけ / (雨・細鉱用の)とい / (波と波との間,峰と峰の間などの)細長いくぼみ,谷間 / (気圧の)谷
- (こぶしなどで)…‘を'殴る,強打する / 強打 / まともに,じかに
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- A methodological approach to assessing alveolar ridge preservation procedures in humans: soft tissue profile.
- Vanhoutte V, Rompen E, Lecloux G, Rues S, Schmitter M, Lambert F.Author information Department of Periodontology and Oral Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Liege, Liège, Belgium.AbstractINTRODUCTION: The aesthetic results of implant restoration in the anterior maxilla are particularly related to the soft tissue profile. Although socket preservation techniques appear to reduce bone remodelling after tooth extraction, there is still few investigations assessing the external soft tissue profile after such procedures. The goal of this study was to describe an accurate technique to evaluate soft tissue contour changes after performing socket preservation procedures. The secondary objective was to apply the newly developed measuring method to a specific socket preservation using a "saddled" connective tissue graft combined with the insertion of slowly resorbable biomaterials into the socket.
- Clinical oral implants research.Clin Oral Implants Res.2014 Mar;25(3):304-9. doi: 10.1111/clr.12144. Epub 2013 Apr 4.
- INTRODUCTION: The aesthetic results of implant restoration in the anterior maxilla are particularly related to the soft tissue profile. Although socket preservation techniques appear to reduce bone remodelling after tooth extraction, there is still few investigations assessing the external soft tiss
- PMID 23556414
- Sequential healing of open extraction sockets. An experimental study in monkeys.
- Scala A, Lang NP, Schweikert MT, de Oliveira JA, Rangel-Garcia I Jr, Botticelli D.Author information ARDEC, Ariminum Odontologica, Rimini, Italy.AbstractAIM: To describe the sequential healing of open extraction sockets at which no attempts to obtain a primary closure of the coronal access to the alveolus have been made.
- Clinical oral implants research.Clin Oral Implants Res.2014 Mar;25(3):288-95. doi: 10.1111/clr.12148. Epub 2013 Apr 1.
- AIM: To describe the sequential healing of open extraction sockets at which no attempts to obtain a primary closure of the coronal access to the alveolus have been made.MATERIAL AND METHODS: The third mandibular premolar was extracted bilaterally in 12 monkeys, and no sutures were applied to close t
- PMID 23551527
- Long-term follow-up of autogenous canine transplants with application of guided bone regeneration.
- Yu HJ1, Qiu LX2, Wang XZ1.Author information 1Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, 4th dental center, Beijing, PR China.2Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, 4th dental center, Beijing, PR China. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractThe aim of this study was to evaluate the aesthetics and outcome of autotransplantation of impacted canines unsuitable for orthodontic realignment using a combination of surgery with guided bone regeneration and orthodontic treatment. Ten severely impacted canines in nine consecutive patients (mean age 14.8 years) were included. The recipient mesiodistal space was created orthodontically and the recipient socket prepared using dental implant drills. Following transplantation, bone defects were grafted using guided bone regeneration, teeth were aligned and occlusions adjusted orthodontically. Patients were followed-up every 6 months for an average of 7.1 years (range 2-11 years). The mean pink aesthetic score was 13.33±0.87. Pocket depths were less than 3mm. Radiographic examination showed an uninterrupted periodontal space and lamina dura in seven cases, unclear periodontal space in two, and replacement resorption in one case. The analysis showed that canine transplantation combined with guided bone regeneration and orthodontic treatment gives acceptable and predictable aesthetic results.
- International journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg.2014 Mar;43(3):355-61. doi: 10.1016/j.ijom.2013.08.019. Epub 2013 Oct 20.
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the aesthetics and outcome of autotransplantation of impacted canines unsuitable for orthodontic realignment using a combination of surgery with guided bone regeneration and orthodontic treatment. Ten severely impacted canines in nine consecutive patients (mean
- PMID 24148825
- Castor oil and mineral oil nanoemulsion: development and compatibility with a soft contact lens.
- Katzer T, Chaves P, Bernardi A, Pohlmann AR, Guterres SS, Beck RC.Author information Programa de Pós-Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas .AbstractCONTEXT: The non-invasive ophthalmic therapy has a drawback: low residence time in the eye socket. Nanoparticles and contact lenses have been studied as promising ocular drug delivery systems.
- Pharmaceutical development and technology.Pharm Dev Technol.2014 Mar;19(2):232-7. doi: 10.3109/10837450.2013.769569. Epub 2013 Feb 25.
- CONTEXT: The non-invasive ophthalmic therapy has a drawback: low residence time in the eye socket. Nanoparticles and contact lenses have been studied as promising ocular drug delivery systems.OBJECTIVE: To develop a nanoemulsion and evaluate its compatibility with a soft contact lens as a potential
- PMID 23432619
- 下腿義足ソケット後壁高さがソケット適合と歩行に与える効果 (MEとバイオサイバネティックス)
- 前田 雄,林 豊彦,須田 裕紀 [他]
- 電子情報通信学会技術研究報告 = IEICE technical report : 信学技報 114(258), 9-14, 2014-10-18
- NAID 40020267954
- A Design of Circuit Switching Method for Reducing Congestion in the Tor Network (ネットワークシステム)
- Kale Timothy Girry,Ohzahata Satoshi,Wu Celimuge
- 電子情報通信学会技術研究報告 = IEICE technical report : 信学技報 114(252), 87-92, 2014-10-16
- NAID 40020267341
- Effect of Miss-alignment on Residual Stress in Carbon Steel Socket Welded Joint
- 吉川 雅博,田口 裕也,阪本 真 [他]
- 日本ロボット学会誌 = Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan 32(5), 456-463, 2014-06
- NAID 40020130545