- place signs, as along a road; "sign an intersection"; "This road has been signed"
- (medicine) any objective evidence of the presence of a disorder or disease; "there were no signs of asphyxiation"
- a perceptible indication of something not immediately apparent (as a visible clue that something has happened); "he showed signs of strain"; "they welcomed the signs of spring" (同)mark
- a character indicating a relation between quantities; "dont forget the minus sign"
- a fundamental linguistic unit linking a signifier to that which is signified; "The bond between the signifier and the signified is arbitrary"--de Saussure
- a gesture that is part of a sign language
- a public display of a message; "he posted signs in all the shop windows"
- engage by written agreement; "They signed two new pitchers for the next season" (同)contract, sign on, sign_up
- approve and express assent, responsibility, or obligation; "All parties ratified the peace treaty"; "Have you signed your contract yet?" (同)ratify
- communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs; "He signed his disapproval with a dismissive hand gesture"; "The diner signaled the waiters to bring the menu" (同)signal, signalize, signalise
- mark with ones signature; write ones name (on); "She signed the letter and sent it off"; "Please sign here" (同)subscribe
- be engaged by a written agreement; "He signed to play the casino on Dec. 18"; "The soprano signed to sing the new opera"
- communicate in sign language; "I dont know how to sign, so I could not communicate with my deaf cousin"
- the state or quality of being recognized or acknowledged; "the partners were delighted with the recognition of their work"; "she seems to avoid much in the way of recognition or acknowledgement of feminist work prior to her own" (同)acknowledgment, acknowledgement
- (biology) the ability of one molecule to attach to another molecule that has a complementary shape; "molecular recognition drives all of biology, for instance, hormone and receptor or antibody-antigen interactions or the organization of molecules into lar
- designation by the chair granting a person the right to speak in a deliberative body; "he was unable to make his motion because he couldnt get recognition by the chairman"
- approval; "give her recognition for trying"; "he was given credit for his work"; "give her credit for trying" (同)credit
- the process of recognizing something or someone by remembering; "a politician whose recall of names was as remarkable as his recognition of faces"; "experimental psychologists measure the elapsed time from the onset of the stimulus to its recognition by t (同)identification
- an acceptance (as of a claim) as true and valid; "the recognition of the Rio Grande as a boundary between Mexico and the United States"
- the explicit and formal acknowledgement of a government or of the national independence of a country; "territorial disputes were resolved in Guatemalas recognition of Belize in 1991"
- notably out of the ordinary; "the year saw one signal triumph for the Labour party"
- an electric quantity (voltage or current or field strength) whose modulation represents coded information about the source from which it comes
- any nonverbal action or gesture that encodes a message; "signals from the boat suddenly stopped" (同)signaling, sign
- any incitement to action; "he awaited the signal to start"; "the victory was a signal for wild celebration"
- a body having finite mass and internal structure but negligible dimensions (同)subatomic_particle
- a function word that can be used in English to form phrasal verbs
- (ある事実・状態・感情などの)『表れ』,印,気配,徴侯(indication);(…の)こん跡,計跡《+『of』+『名』》・『身ぶり』,手まね,合図 / 『標識』,看板 / (数学・音楽などの)記号 / (…の)『象徴』,シンボル(symbol)《+『of』+『名』》・《文》(…の)『前兆』,きざし《+『of』+『名』》・宮(きゅう)(黄道12区分の一つ) ・〈手紙・書類・作品など〉‘に'『署名する』・(…に)〈名前など〉‘を'書く《+『名』+『on』(『to』)+『名』》 / …‘を'雇う契約に署名する・…‘を'合図する,知らせる;…に合図する・署名する・契約書に署名して雇われる
- (それであること)『見て気がつくこと』,見覚え / (特に,正当・妥当であるとの)(‥の)『承認』《+of』+『名』》 / (業績・貢献などを)認めること,(…の)表彰《+『of』+『名』》
- (警告・指示・情報などを伝える)『信号』,合図 / (…の)きっかけ,動機,導火線《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈人・車など〉‘に'『合図する』,信号を送る / …‘を'『合図』(信号)『で知らせる』 / 『合図する』,信号する / 合図の,信号の / めざましい,顕著な
- 小片,(ごく)少量,微量 / 粒子 / 不変化詞(冠詞・前置詞・接続詞・感嘆詞など語形変化のない語);小詞,小辞
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Target-induced self-assembly of DNA nanomachine on magnetic particle for multi-amplified biosensing of nucleic acid, protein, and cancer cell.
- Bi S, Cui Y, Dong Y, Zhang N.Author information Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Detection Technology of Tumor Markers, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Linyi University, Linyi 276005, China; Key Laboratory of Sensor Analysis of Tumor Marker, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, Qingdao 266042, China. Electronic address: email@example.com.AbstractA biosensing system is established for the multi-amplified detection of DNA or specific substrates of aptamers under isothermal conditions, which combines nicked rolling circle amplification (N-RCA) and beacon assisted amplification (BAA) with sensitive colorimetric technique by using DNAzymes as reporter units. According to the configuration, the analysis of DNA is accomplished by recognizing the target to capture nucleic acid-functionalized magnetic particles, followed by the self-assembly of the other two nucleic acids into multicomponent DNA supramolecular structure on magnetic particles. After magnetic separation, the circularization with ligase and the fragmentation with polymerase activate N-RCA and BAA in the presence of polymerase, dNTPs, and the nicking endonuclease, successively producing horseradish peroxidase (HRP)-mimicking DNAzymes that act as colorimetric reporter to catalyze the oxidation of ABTS(2-) by H2O2 in the presence of hemin. Under the optimized conditions, we obtain a wide dynamic range for DNA analysis over 6 orders of magnitude from 1.0×10(-14) to 1.0×10(-9)M with a low limit of detection of 6.8×10(-15)M. In the absence of a target, neither self-assembly of nucleic acids nor amplification process can be initiated, indicating an excellent selectivity of the proposed strategy. Similarly, an analogous system is activated by cancer cells or lysozyme through cooperative self-assembly of nucleic acids on magnetic particles in the presence of respective substrates of aptamers to synthesize HRP-mimicking DNAzymes that give the readout signal for the recognition events, achieving LODs of 81 Ramos cells and 7.2×10(-15)M lysozyme, respectively.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2014 Mar 15;53:207-13. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2013.09.066. Epub 2013 Oct 5.
- A biosensing system is established for the multi-amplified detection of DNA or specific substrates of aptamers under isothermal conditions, which combines nicked rolling circle amplification (N-RCA) and beacon assisted amplification (BAA) with sensitive colorimetric technique by using DNAzymes as re
- PMID 24140870
- Direct detection of orchid viruses using nanorod-based fiber optic particle plasmon resonance immunosensor.
- Lin HY, Huang CH, Lu SH, Kuo IT, Chau LK.Author information Center for Nano Bio-Detection, National Chung Cheng University, 168 University Road, Minhsiung, Chiayi 62102, Taiwan.AbstractA fiber optic particle plasmon resonance (FOPPR) immunosensor is developed for label-free detection of orchid viruses that use gold nanorods (AuNRs) as the sensing material. The AuNRs are employed to create a near-infrared sensing window to solve the color interference problem of sample matrix for direct sensing of target analyte. This work cannot be achieved using gold nanospheres (AuNSs) because the signal of sample color absorption largely overlaps the signal of molecular recognition events in the visible spectrum, making the signal interpretation much more difficult. The AuNRs are immobilized on the unclad fiber core surface, and functionalized by antibodies which can specifically recognize the corresponding Cymbidium mosaic virus (CymMV) or Odontoglossum ringspot virus (ORSV) for rapid viral infection diagnosis. The refractive index resolution of the AuNR-FOPPR sensor is estimated to be 8×10(-6) RIU. The limits of detection (LODs) for CymMV and ORSV in leaf saps are 48 and 42 pg/mL, respectively, which are better than the LODs of 1200 pg/mL for both viruses obtained by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Exploiting the AuNR-FOPPR sensing strategy not only solves the color interference problem encountered by using AuNSs, but provides faster analysis, better reproducibility, and lower detection limit than ELISA. The sensor can distinguish between healthy and infected orchids in 10 min, and can further provide the quantitative analysis of infection level. It is potentially applicable to the quality control of orchid cultivation industry, but not limited to this, especially for creating special spectral sensing window for particular samples.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2014 Jan 15;51:371-8. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2013.08.009. Epub 2013 Aug 17.
- A fiber optic particle plasmon resonance (FOPPR) immunosensor is developed for label-free detection of orchid viruses that use gold nanorods (AuNRs) as the sensing material. The AuNRs are employed to create a near-infrared sensing window to solve the color interference problem of sample matrix for d
- PMID 24001513
- The Structural Basis of FtsY Recruitment and GTPase Activation by SRP RNA.
- Voigts-Hoffmann F1, Schmitz N1, Shen K2, Shan SO3, Ataide SF4, Ban N5.Author information 1ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Zürich 8093, Switzerland.2Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA.3Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.orgUniversity of Sydney, School of Molecular Bioscience, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia. Electronic address: email@example.comETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Zürich 8093, Switzerland. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractThe universally conserved signal recognition particle (SRP) system mediates the targeting of membrane proteins to the translocon in a multistep process controlled by GTP hydrolysis. Here we present the 2.6 Å crystal structure of the GTPase domains of the E. coli SRP protein (Ffh) and its receptor (FtsY) in complex with the tetraloop and the distal region of SRP-RNA, trapped in the activated state in presence of GDP:AlF4. The structure reveals the atomic details of FtsY recruitment and, together with biochemical experiments, pinpoints G83 as the key RNA residue that stimulates GTP hydrolysis. Insertion of G83 into the FtsY active site orients a single glutamate residue provided by Ffh (E277), triggering GTP hydrolysis and complex disassembly at the end of the targeting cycle. The complete conservation of the key residues of the SRP-RNA and the SRP protein implies that the suggested chemical mechanism of GTPase activation is applicable across all kingdoms.
- Molecular cell.Mol Cell.2013 Dec 12;52(5):643-54. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2013.10.005. Epub 2013 Nov 7.
- The universally conserved signal recognition particle (SRP) system mediates the targeting of membrane proteins to the translocon in a multistep process controlled by GTP hydrolysis. Here we present the 2.6 Å crystal structure of the GTPase domains of the E. coli SRP protein (Ffh) and its receptor
- PMID 24211265
- 症例報告 筋萎縮が頸筋と上肢帯筋にほぼ限局してみとめられた抗SRP抗体陽性多発筋炎の1例
- ウィキペディアの英語版でSignal recognition particleという用語が挙げてありますが、そこでは、以下の意味で使われています。The signal recognition particle (SRP) is an abundant, cytosolic, universally conserved ribonucleoprotein (protein ...
- 検出でき，この中で抗 signal recognition particle（SRP）抗体はこれまで重症，治療 抵抗性の筋炎との関連が指摘. されてきた．しかし，抗 SRP 抗体陽性ミオパチーの筋 病理は著明な壊死・再生像がみとめられリンパ球の細胞浸潤.
- signal recognition particle、SRP
シグナル認識粒子, signal recognition particle
- signal recognition particle, SRP
- signal transduction、signalling