- continuously varying; "taffeta with shifting colors"
- changing position or direction; "he drifted into the shifting crowd"; "their nervous shifting glances"; "shifty winds" (同)shifty
- (of soil) unstable; "shifting sands"; "unfirm earth" (同)unfirm
||Look up Shift or shift in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Shift may refer to:
- Gear shift, to change gears in a car
- Shift work, an employment practice
- Shift (weapon), an improvised knife used as a weapon
- Shift (clothing), a simple kind of undergarment
- Shift (ice hockey), a group of players in ice hockey
Arts and entertainment
- Shift (music), a change of level in music
- Shift (string technique), a movement of the fingers of the left hand from one position to another on the same string
- Shift (magazine), a former Canadian technology and culture magazine
- Shift the Ape, a character in The Chronicles of Narnia novel series
- Shift (sculpture), an outdoor sculpture by American artist Richard Serra located in King City, Ontario, Canada
- Shift (album), a 2004 album by a Swedish Grindcore band Nasum
- Shift (game), a 2008 online video game series developed and presented by Armor Games
- Need for Speed: Shift, a 2009 racing video game
- Shift 2: Unleashed, the 2011 sequel to the aforementioned video game
- Shift (novel), a 2010 alternative history book by Tim Kring and Dale Peck
- Shift (novel), a 2013 science fiction book, part two of the Silo trilogy by Hugh Howey
Mathematics and computing
- Shift key, a key on a computer keyboard
- Bit shift, a bit-wise operator in computing
- Barrel shifter, a digital circuit that can shift a data word by a specified number of bits
- Arithmetic shift in telecommunication
- Logical shift, a bit-wise operation that shifts all the bits of its operand
- Circular shift or bit rotation, often used in cryptography
- Shift operator, a linear operator in mathematics
- All pages beginning with "Shift"
- The Shift (disambiguation)
- Redshift, happens when light seen coming from an object that is moving away is proportionally increased in wavelength, or shifted to the red end of the spectrum
- Vowel shift, a change in the pronunciation of vowel sounds
- Paradigm shift, a change in basic assumptions within the ruling theory of science
- Tax shift, a fiscal policy
- Baseball positioning, where "shift" is a strategic alteration in defenders' normal fielding locations
- Shapeshifting, a common theme in mythology, folklore, and fairy tales
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Beta Adrenergic Receptor Stimulation Suppresses Cell Migration in Association with Cell Cycle Transition in Osteoblasts-Live Imaging Analyses Based on FUCCI System.
- Katsumura S1,2, Ezura Y1, Izu Y1, Shirakawa J1, Miyawaki A3, Harada K2, Noda M1.
- Journal of cellular physiology.J Cell Physiol.2016 Feb;231(2):496-504. doi: 10.1002/jcp.25096. Epub 2015 Sep 9.
- Osteoporosis affects over 20 million patients in the United States. Among those, disuse osteoporosis is serious as it is induced by bed-ridden conditions in patients suffering from aging-associated diseases including cardiovascular, neurological, and malignant neoplastic diseases. Although the pheno
- PMID 26192605
- Substrate binding to cytochrome P450-2J2 in Nanodiscs detected by nanoplasmonic Lycurgus cup arrays.
- Plucinski L1, Ranjan Gartia M1, Arnold WR2, Ameen A3, Chang TW1, Hsiao A4, Logan Liu G5, Das A6.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2016 Jan 15;75:337-46. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2015.07.041. Epub 2015 Jul 29.
- Cytochrome P450s are the primary enzymes involved in phase I drug metabolism. They are an important target for early drug discovery research. However, high-throughput drug screening of P450s is limited by poor protein stability and lack of consistent measurement of binding events. Here we present th
- PMID 26334592
- Physical, physicochemical and nutritional characteristics of Bhoja chaul, a traditional ready-to-eat dry heat parboiled rice product processed by an improvised soaking technique.
- Dutta H1, Mahanta CL2, Singh V3, Das BB4, Rahman N4.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2016 Jan 15;191:152-62. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.10.144. Epub 2014 Nov 6.
- Bhoja chaul is a traditional whole rice product processed by the dry heat parboiling technique of low amylose/waxy paddy that is eaten after soaking in water and requires no cooking. The essential steps in Bhoja chaul making are soaking paddy in water, roasting with sand, drying and milling. In this
- PMID 26258715
- Au and Ag/Au double-shells hollow nanoparticles with improved near infrared surface plasmon and photoluminescence properties.
- Ghosh Chaudhuri R1, Paria S2.
- Journal of colloid and interface science.J Colloid Interface Sci.2016 Jan 1;461:15-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jcis.2015.09.008. Epub 2015 Sep 5.
- Metallic hollow nanoparticles have been continuously drawing researcher's attention because of their excellent improved performance compare to the spherical particles in catalysis, photonics, information storage, surface-enhanced Raman scattering, and sensors applications. In this article we demonst
- PMID 26397903
- A REVERSIBLE HIGH CAPACITY INFORMATION HIDING METHOD BASED ON PREDICTED DIFFERENCE
- CHEN YAN,YU CHUNQIANG,WANG XIAOYUN [他]
- ICIC express letters. Part B, Applications : an international journal of research and surveys 6(6), 1493-1498, 2015-06
- NAID 40020355547
- 問題生態系シリーズ : 農林生態系 東南アジア山岳地帯の焼畑生態系の役割と問題
- 井上 吉雄
- 日本リモートセンシング学会誌 = Journal of the Remote Sensing Society of Japan 35(2), 105-108, 2015-04
- NAID 40020458229
- SHIFTING WORLD 白と黒の迷宮 公式サイト 全世界1600万人が遊んだパズルゲームがニンテンドー3DSに登場！2012年4月26日発売予定！！
- shifting 【名】転移、移動 【形】移動する、変わりやすい - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- 全世界1600万人が遊んだアクションパズルが、遂にニンテンドー3DSに登場! シンプル操作でやり込み度120パーセント!!充実のステージ数は100ステージ以上!!新感覚パズルアクションがニンテンドー3DSに登場!! 世界中で遊ばれている人気 ...
- ribosomal frameshift、translational frameshifting
- ribosomal frameshift、ribosomal frameshifting
- frame shift、frame-shift、frameshift