- character, characteristic, profile, property
- a distinguishing trait (同)specialness, specialty, speciality, distinctiveness
- an odd or unusual characteristic (同)distinctive feature, distinguishing characteristic
- engrave or inscribe characters on
- good repute; "he is a man of character"
- the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions; "education has for its object the formation of character"- Herbert Spencer (同)fiber, fibre
- (genetics) an attribute (structural or functional) that is determined by a gene or group of genes
- a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case" (同)eccentric, type, case
- a written symbol that is used to represent speech; "the Greek alphabet has 24 characters" (同)grapheme, graphic symbol
- a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the persons qualifications and dependability; "requests for character references are all too often answered evasively" (同)reference, character reference
- an actors portrayal of someone in a play; "she played the part of Desdemona" (同)role, theatrical role, part, persona
- write about; "The author of this article profiles a famous painter"
- a vertical section of the Earths crust showing the different horizons or layers
- an analysis (often in graphical form) representing the extent to which something exhibits various characteristics; "a biochemical profile of blood"; "a psychological profile of serial killers"
- an outline of something (especially a human face as seen from one side)
- biographical sketch
- represent in profile, by drawing or painting
- something owned; any tangible or intangible possession that is owned by someone; "that hat is my property"; "he is a man of property"; (同)belongings, holding
- any movable articles or objects used on the set of a play or movie; "before every scene he ran down his checklist of props" (同)prop
- a basic or essential attribute shared by all members of a class; "a study of the physical properties of atomic particles"
- a construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished; "self-confidence is not an endearing property" (同)attribute, dimension
- typical or distinctive; "heard my friends characteristic laugh"; "red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn"; "stripes characteristic of the zebra"
- any measurable property of a device measured under closely specified conditions (同)device characteristic
- a distinguishing quality
- the integer part (positive or negative) of the representation of a logarithm; in the expression log 643 = 2.808 the characteristic is 2
- markedly different from the usual; "a peculiar hobby of stuffing and mounting bats"; "a man...feels it a peculiar insult to be taunted with cowardice by a woman"-Virginia Woolf
- characteristic of one only; distinctive or special; "the peculiar character of the Government of the U.S."- R.B.Taney
- 〈C〉風変わりな点(熊度),奇癖 / 〈C〉特色,特性,特質 / 〈U〉(…の)特殊性,特異性《+『of』+『名』》
- 〈U〉〈C〉(人の)『性格』,人格 / 〈C〉(物事が持っている)特質,特性 / 〈C〉《まれ》評判,名声 / 〈C〉《修飾語を伴って》(…の)人物;(小説・劇などの)『登場人物』 / 《話》(一般に)人 / 〈U〉《one's(the)~》(…の)資格,地位,身分《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉《話》変わり者 / 〈C〉(意味を表す)文字,記号,字体
- 横顔,ゲロフィール / (彫象などの)側面 / (背景をパックにした)輪郭,外形 / (通例,図やグラフで示す)分折,分ジ違表 / (新物・雑誌などの)人物紹介 / …‘の'横顔を書く / 《受動体で》(…を背景に)…‘の'輪郭を描く《+『名』+『against』+『名』》・犯人像を描く
- 〈U〉《集合的に》『財産』,資産;所有物 / 〈U〉『不動産』・〈U〉〈具体的にはC〉所有地，地所，土地(建物)・[通例複数形で]（演劇）小道具 《劇場では通例 props; 《英》 では衣装も含む》
- 『特有の』,独特の / 『特性』,特色,特微
- 『変な』,奇妙な,変わった / 『独特な』,特有の / 《話》(気分・体が)おかしい,ぐあいが悪い
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- eEF-2 kinase is a critical regulator of Warburg effect through controlling PP2A-A synthesis.
- Cheng Y1,2, Ren X2, Yuan Y3, Shan Y2, Li L1, Chen X1, Zhang L2, Takahashi Y2, Yang JW2, Han B4, Liao J5, Li Y2, Harvey H6, Ryazanov A7, Robertson GP2, Wan G2, Liu D3, Chen AF8, Tao Y9, Yang JM2.
- Oncogene.Oncogene.2016 Dec 8;35(49):6293-6308. doi: 10.1038/onc.2016.166. Epub 2016 May 16.
- Cancer cells predominantly metabolize glucose by glycolysis to produce energy in order to meet their metabolic requirement, a phenomenon known as Warburg effect. Although Warburg effect is considered a peculiarity critical for survival and proliferation of cancer cells, the regulatory mechanisms beh
- PMID 27181208
- A Very Unusual Accidental Mechanical Asphyxia of Choking with a Whole Solea Solea.
- Busardò FP1, Mannocchi G1, Pugnetti P2, Santurro A1, Maggiordomo A2, Zaami S1.
- Journal of forensic sciences.J Forensic Sci.2016 Dec 6. doi: 10.1111/1556-4029.13261. [Epub ahead of print]
- The case here reported involves a schizophrenic 19-year-old girl under treatment with clotiapine, which was well tolerated except for a moderate dry mouth. The woman ingested a whole sole (Solea solea), which caused a very rapid death by choking. A complete autopsy was performed 24 h later, as well
- PMID 27921301
- Brain plasticity and migraine transformation: fMRI evidences.
- Lovati C1, Giani L1, Mele F1, Sinelli A2, Tien TT2, Preziosa G1, Mariani C1.
- Expert review of neurotherapeutics.Expert Rev Neurother.2016 Dec;16(12):1413-1425. Epub 2016 Jul 14.
- INTRODUCTION: Chronification transforms episodic migraine into the pathologic chronic form. Biological characteristics of the migrainous brain progressively change, in predisposed subjects, under the repetition of external and internal stimuli. Modifications involve neurons, synapses, neurotransmitt
- PMID 27388277
- Sol-Gel-Prepared Nanoparticles of Mixed Praseodymium Cobaltites-Ferrites.
- Pekinchak O1, Vasylechko L2, Lutsyuk I3, Vakhula Y4, Prots Y5, Carrillo-Cabrera W6.
- Nanoscale research letters.Nanoscale Res Lett.2016 Dec;11(1):75. doi: 10.1186/s11671-016-1295-y. Epub 2016 Feb 9.
- Two series of nanocrystalline powders of PrCo1 - x Fe x O3 (x = 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7 and 0.9) of high purity were obtained by sol-gel citrate method at 700 and 800 °C. The formation of continuous solid solution with an orthorhombic perovskite structure (sp. group Pbnm) was observed. A peculi
- PMID 26858157
- ブータンの情報化にかかわる諸様相 -そのダイナミズムと構造的特性-
- シベ語の三つの動詞完了形 -Xei, -Xeŋe, -Xeの機能と節の階層 ： なぜ -Xeのみが連体用法を持つのか?
- 児倉 徳和
- 北方言語研究 3, 155-174, 2013-03-25
- … This paper attempts to give an explanationfor this syntactic peculiarity from the functional characteristics of -Xe in mainclauses, and argues that, 1) -Xei and -Xeŋe have some function of knowledgemanagement of the speaker and the hearer, whereas -Xe does not. …
- NAID 120005228592
- 女子大学生の父親への否定的感情に関する研究 : 現在と中学時代の回想を比較して
- 石丸 綾子,Ishimaru Ayako,イシマル アヤコ
- 九州大学心理学研究 14, 125-137, 2013-03-01
- … The results showed that physiological hatred, such as shunning her father, is not very conspicuous, although some psychologists have indicated physiological that it is a peculiarity of an adolescent daughter. …
- NAID 120005227232
- 723 神戸市・芦屋市における賃貸マンションの分布からみた地域特性に関する研究
- pe·cu·li·ar·i·ty (pĭ-kyo o′lē-ăr′ĭ-tē, -kyo ol-yăr′-) n. pl. pe·cu·li·ar·i·ties 1. The quality or state of being peculiar. 2. A notable or distinctive feature or characteristic. 3. An eccentricity; an idiosyncrasy. peculiarity (pɪˌkjuːlɪˈærɪtɪ) n, pl-ties
- Seen and Heard What made you want to look up peculiarity? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).
- Peculiarity definition, a trait, manner, characteristic, or habit that is odd or unusual. See more. ... And his peculiarity was that all his transactions in this way were done by cash—bank-notes or gold—instead of by ...