- having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly; "a jester dressed in motley"; "the painted desert"; "a particolored dress"; "a piebald horse"; "pied daisies" (同)calico, multicolor, multi-color, multicolour, multi-colour, multicolored, multi-colored, multicoloured, multi-coloured, painted, particolored, particoloured, piebald, pied, varicolored, varicoloured
- make motley; color with different colors (同)parti-color
- a garment made of motley (especially a court jesters costume)
- a multicolored woolen fabric woven of mixed threads in 14th to 17th century England
- まだらの / 雑多の,混成の / (道化師の)まだらの服 / 道化師
- Sepp1(UF) forms are N-terminal selenoprotein P truncations that have peroxidase activity when coupled with thioredoxin reductase-1.
- Kurokawa S1, Eriksson S2, Rose KL3, Wu S4, Motley AK1, Hill S3, Winfrey VP1, McDonald WH3, Capecchi MR4, Atkins JF5, Arnér ES2, Hill KE1, Burk RF6.Author information 1Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA.2Division of Biochemistry, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE-171 77 Stockholm, Sweden.3Vanderbilt Proteomics Laboratory in the Mass Spectrometry Research Center, Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA.4Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA.5Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA; Department of Biochemistry, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland.6Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA. Electronic address: email@example.com.AbstractMouse selenoprotein P (Sepp1) consists of an N-terminal domain (residues 1-239) that contains one selenocysteine (U) as residue 40 in a proposed redox-active motif (-UYLC-) and a C-terminal domain (residues 240-361) that contains nine selenocysteines. Sepp1 transports selenium from the liver to other tissues by receptor-mediated endocytosis. It also reduces oxidative stress in vivo by an unknown mechanism. A previously uncharacterized plasma form of Sepp1 is filtered in the glomerulus and taken up by renal proximal convoluted tubule (PCT) cells via megalin-mediated endocytosis. We purified Sepp1 forms from the urine of megalin(-/-) mice using a monoclonal antibody to the N-terminal domain. Mass spectrometry revealed that the purified urinary Sepp1 consisted of N-terminal fragments terminating at 11 sites between residues 183 and 208. They were therefore designated Sepp1(UF). Because the N-terminal domain of Sepp1 has a thioredoxin fold, Sepp1(UF) were compared with full-length Sepp1, Sepp1(Δ240-361), and Sepp1(U40S) as a substrate of thioredoxin reductase-1 (TrxR1). All forms of Sepp1 except Sepp1(U40S), which contains serine in place of the selenocysteine, were TrxR1 substrates, catalyzing NADPH oxidation when coupled with H2O2 or tert-butylhydroperoxide as the terminal electron acceptor. These results are compatible with proteolytic cleavage freeing Sepp1(UF) from full-length Sepp1, the form that has the role of selenium transport, allowing Sepp1(UF) to function by itself as a peroxidase. Ultimately, plasma Sepp1(UF) and small selenium-containing proteins are filtered by the glomerulus and taken up by PCT cells via megalin-mediated endocytosis, preventing loss of selenium in the urine and providing selenium for the synthesis of glutathione peroxidase-3.
- Free radical biology & medicine.Free Radic Biol Med.2014 Apr;69:67-76. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2014.01.010. Epub 2014 Jan 14.
- Mouse selenoprotein P (Sepp1) consists of an N-terminal domain (residues 1-239) that contains one selenocysteine (U) as residue 40 in a proposed redox-active motif (-UYLC-) and a C-terminal domain (residues 240-361) that contains nine selenocysteines. Sepp1 transports selenium from the liver to othe
- PMID 24434121
- Deficiency of the exportomer components Pex1, Pex6, and Pex15 causes enhanced pexophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Nuttall JM, Motley AM, Hettema EH.Author information Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology; University of Sheffield, Western Bank; Sheffield, UK.AbstractTurnover of damaged, dysfunctional, or excess organelles is critical to cellular homeostasis. We screened mutants disturbed in peroxisomal protein import, and found that a deficiency in the exportomer subunits Pex1, Pex6, and Pex15 results in enhanced turnover of peroxisomal membrane structures compared with other mutants. Strikingly, almost all peroxisomal membranes were associated with phagophore assembly sites in pex1Δ atg1Δ cells. Degradation depended on Atg11 and the pexophagy receptor Atg36, which mediates degradation of superfluous peroxisomes. Mutants of PEX1, PEX6, and PEX15 accumulate ubiquitinated receptors at the peroxisomal membrane. This accumulation has been suggested to trigger pexophagy in mammalian cells. We show by genetic analysis that preventing this accumulation does not abolish pexophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. We find Atg36 is modified in pex1Δ cells even when Atg11 binding is prevented, suggesting Atg36 modification is an early event in the degradation of dysfunctional peroxisomal structures in pex1Δ cells via pexophagy.
- Autophagy.Autophagy.2014 Mar 18;10(5). [Epub ahead of print]
- Turnover of damaged, dysfunctional, or excess organelles is critical to cellular homeostasis. We screened mutants disturbed in peroxisomal protein import, and found that a deficiency in the exportomer subunits Pex1, Pex6, and Pex15 results in enhanced turnover of peroxisomal membrane structures comp
- PMID 24657987
- Hip resurfacing does not improve proprioception compared with THA.
- Larkin B1, Nyazee H, Motley J, Nunley RM, Clohisy JC, Barrack RL.Author information 1Orthopedic Associates, Denver, CO, USA.AbstractBACKGROUND: Proposed benefits of total hip resurfacing arthroplasty over total hip arthroplasty (THA) include better proprioception, but this has not been rigorously tested or validated.
- Clinical orthopaedics and related research.Clin Orthop Relat Res.2014 Feb;472(2):555-61. doi: 10.1007/s11999-013-3082-8.
- BACKGROUND: Proposed benefits of total hip resurfacing arthroplasty over total hip arthroplasty (THA) include better proprioception, but this has not been rigorously tested or validated.QUESTIONS/PURPOSES: Our purpose was to apply an advanced testing device that objectively quantifies dynamic postur
- PMID 23728886
- Clinical and economic assessment of diabetic foot ulcer debridement with collagenase: results of a randomized controlled study.
- Tallis A1, Motley TA, Wunderlich RP, Dickerson JE Jr, Waycaster C, Slade HB; Collagenase Diabetic Foot Ulcer Study Group.Collaborators (7)Tallis A, Motley TT, Wunderlich RP, Sullivan P, Moyer L, Croyle P, Voigt D.
- Clinical therapeutics.Clin Ther.2013 Nov;35(11):1805-20. doi: 10.1016/j.clinthera.2013.09.013. Epub 2013 Oct 18.
- BACKGROUND: Despite significant advances, the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs) remains a major therapeutic challenge for clinicians, surgeons, and other health care professionals. There is an urgent need for new strategies with clinically effective interventions to treat DFUs to reduce the b
- PMID 24145042
- 混成第九旅団の日清戦争(5) : 新出史料の「従軍日誌」に基づいて (清水稔先生 退職記念号)
- 混成第九旅団の日清戦争(4) : 新出史料の「従軍日誌」に基づいて
- Mathematical Knowledge : Motley and Complexity of Proof
- Annals of the Japan Association for Philosophy of Science 21, 21-35, 2013-03-25
- NAID 110009594813
- 混成第九旅団の日清戦争(3) : 新出史料の「従軍日誌」に基づいて
- Motley Crue to Release Full Length Live Concert Film of Final Performance December 30th, 2015 LOS ANGELES, CA December 30, 2015—Iconic, veteran rockers MÖTLEY ... Final European Tour Kicks Off with Sold Out Show in ...
- Passepartout wandered for several hours in the midst of this motley crowd, looking in at the windows of the rich and curious shops, the jewellery establishments glittering with quaint Japanese ornaments, the restaurants decked with ...
- ユニバーサル ミュージック ジャパン公式サイト。モトリー・クルーの最新ニュース、新曲、ライブ・イベントニュース、視聴・試聴、PV・映像コンテンツをご覧いただけます。 ... 2011年に結成30周年を迎えたモトリー・クルーの代表曲 ...