- the act of combining things to form a new whole (同)combining, compounding
- the act of arranging elements into specified groups without regard to order
- a collection of things that have been combined; an assemblage of separate parts or qualities
- a coordinated sequence of chess moves
- a group of people (often temporary) having a common purpose; "they were a winning combination"
- a sequence of numbers or letters that opens a combination lock; "he forgot the combination to the safe"
- an alliance of people or corporations or countries for a special purpose (formerly to achieve some antisocial end but now for general political or economic purposes)
- combine (electronic signals); "mixing sounds"
- add as an additional element or part; "mix water into the drink" (同)mix in
- the act of mixing together; "paste made by a mix of flour and water"; "the mixing of sound channels in the recording studio" (同)commixture, admixture, mixture, intermixture, mixing
- an event that combines things in a mixture; "a gradual mixture of cultures" (同)mixture
- a commercially prepared mixture of dry ingredients (同)premix
- to bring or combine together or with something else; "resourcefully he mingled music and dance" (同)mingle, commix, unify, amalgamate
- mix together different elements; "The colors blend well" (同)flux, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge
- combine into one; "blend the nuts and raisins together"; "he blends in with the crowd"; "We dont intermingle much" (同)intermix, immingle, intermingle
- the act of blending components together thoroughly (同)blending
- a new word formed by joining two others and combining their meanings; "`smog is a blend of `smoke and `fog"; "`motel is a portmanteau word made by combining `motor and `hotel"; "`brunch is a well-known portmanteau" (同)portmanteau_word, portmanteau
- an occurrence of thorough mixing
- blend or harmonize; "This flavor will blend with those in your dish"; "This sofa wont go with the chairs" (同)go, blend_in
- join for a common purpose or in a common action; "These forces combined with others"
- harvester that heads and threshes and cleans grain while moving across the field
- add together from different sources; "combine resources"
- make more complicated; "There was a new development that complicated the matter" (同)perplex
- make more complex, intricate, or richer; "refine a design or pattern" (同)refine, rarify, elaborate
- a state in which martial law applies; "the governor declared a state of emergency"
- a sudden unforeseen crisis (usually involving danger) that requires immediate action; "he never knew what to do in an emergency" (同)exigency, pinch
- the act of joining together as one; "the merging of the two groups occurred quickly"; "there was no meeting of minds" (同)meeting, coming together
- 〈会社・組織が〉合併する,合体する;(…と)合併する《+『with』+『名』》 / (…に)溶け込む,しだいに変わる《+『into』(『in』)+『名』》 / 〈会社・組織〉‘を'合併する,合体する;(…と)…‘を'合併する《+『名』+『with』+『名』》
- 〈U〉(…の)『結合』,組み合わせ;〈C〉(…の)組み合わされたもの,結合体《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉(…との)『連合』,団結,共同,提携;〈C〉連合体,共同体,組合《+『with』+『名』》 / 〈C〉=combination lock / 《複数形で》(また《話》coms)コンビネーション(上下続きの肌着)
- 〈複数のもの〉‘を'『混ぜ合わせる』,混合する,混同する / …‘を'混ぜ合わせて作る,調合して作る / …‘を'寄せ集める,まとめる / 〈物が〉(…と)混ざる,混合する《+『with』+『名』》 / 〈人が〉(他の人と)交わる,交際する《+『with』+『名』》 / 〈C〉〈U〉混合 / 〈C〉混合物(食品,薬) / 〈C〉〈U〉(水・火を加えて即席にでき上がる)素(もと),ミックス
- (分離できないほどに)…'を'『混ぜ合わせる』;(…に)…'を'混ぜる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 『混じる』;溶け合う / (…と)『調和する』《+『with』+『名』》(harmonize) / 『混合』,調合;〈C〉『混合物』
- …'を'『結合する』,合同する / …'を'兼ね備える;(…と)…'を'兼ね合わさせる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / …'を'化合させる;(…と)…'を'化合させる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 『結合する』,連合する,合同する / (…と)化合する《+『with』+『名』》 / 連合,合同;(特に)企業合同,政治連合 / (また『combine harvester』)(刈り取りと脱穀が同時にできる)複式収穫機,コンバイン
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- E-Nose and e-Tongue combination for improved recognition of fruit juice samples.
- Haddi Z1, Mabrouk S2, Bougrini M3, Tahri K3, Sghaier K2, Barhoumi H2, El Bari N4, Maaref A2, Jaffrezic-Renault N5, Bouchikhi B6.Author information 1Sensor Electronic & Instrumentation Group, Moulay Ismaïl University, Faculty of Sciences, Physics Department, B.P. 11201, Zitoune, 50003 Meknes, Morocco; Université de Lyon, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Institut des Sciences Analytiques, UMR CNRS 5280, 5 Rue de la Doua, 69100 Villeurbanne Cedex, France.2Laboratoire des Interfaces et des Matériaux Avancés, Université de Monastir, Faculté des Sciences de Monastir 5000, Tunisia.3Sensor Electronic & Instrumentation Group, Moulay Ismaïl University, Faculty of Sciences, Physics Department, B.P. 11201, Zitoune, 50003 Meknes, Morocco.4Biotechnology Agroalimentary and Biomedical Analysis Group, Moulay Ismaïl University, Faculty of Sciences, Biology Department, B.P. 11201, Zitoune, 50003 Meknes, Morocco.5Université de Lyon, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Institut des Sciences Analytiques, UMR CNRS 5280, 5 Rue de la Doua, 69100 Villeurbanne Cedex, France.6Sensor Electronic & Instrumentation Group, Moulay Ismaïl University, Faculty of Sciences, Physics Department, B.P. 11201, Zitoune, 50003 Meknes, Morocco. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractThere are many important challenges related to food security analysis by application of chemical and electrochemical sensors. One critical parameter is the development of reliable tools, capable of performing an overall sensory analysis. In these systems, as much information as possible is required in relation to smell, taste and colour. Here, we investigated the possibility of using a multisensor data fusion approach, which combines an e-Nose and an e-Tongue, adept in generating combined aroma and taste profiles. In order to shed light on this concept, classification of various Tunisian fruit juices using a low-level of abstraction data fusion technique was attempted. Five tin oxide-based Taguchi Gas Sensors were applied in the e-Nose instrument and the e-Tongue was designed using six potentiometric sensors. Four different commercial brands along with eleven fruit juice varieties were characterised using the e-Nose and the e-Tongue as individual techniques, followed by a combination of the two together. Applying Principal Component Analysis (PCA) separately on the respective e-Nose and e-Tongue data, only few distinct groups were discriminated. However, by employing the low-level of abstraction data fusion technique, very impressive findings were achieved. The Fuzzy ARTMAP neural network reached a 100% success rate in the recognition of the eleven-fruit juices. Therefore, data fusion approach can successfully merge individual data from multiple origins to draw the right conclusions that are more fruitful when compared to the original single data. Hence, this work has demonstrated that data fusion strategy used to combine e-Nose and e-Tongue signals led to a system of complementary and comprehensive information of the fruit juices which outperformed the performance of each instrument when applied separately.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 May 1;150:246-53. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.10.105. Epub 2013 Nov 1.
- There are many important challenges related to food security analysis by application of chemical and electrochemical sensors. One critical parameter is the development of reliable tools, capable of performing an overall sensory analysis. In these systems, as much information as possible is required
- PMID 24360446
- Merging the best of both worlds: hybrid lipid-enveloped matrix nanocomposites in drug delivery.
- Raemdonck K, Braeckmans K, Demeester J, De Smedt SC.Author information Ghent Research Group on Nanomedicines, Laboratory of General Biochemistry and Physical Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium. email@example.com.AbstractThe advent of nanotechnology has revolutionized drug delivery in terms of improving drug efficacy and safety. Both polymer-based and lipid-based drug-loaded nanocarriers have demonstrated clinical benefit to date. However, to address the multifaceted drug delivery challenges ahead and further expand the spectrum of therapeutic applications, hybrid lipid-polymer nanocomposites have been designed to merge the beneficial features of both polymeric drug delivery systems and liposomes in a single nanocarrier. This review focuses on different classes of nanohybrids characterized by a drug-loaded polymeric matrix core enclosed in a lipid shell. Various nanoengineering approaches to obtain lipid-polymer nanocomposites with a core-shell nanoarchitecture will be discussed as well as their predominant applications in drug delivery.
- Chemical Society reviews.Chem Soc Rev.2014 Jan 7;43(1):444-72. doi: 10.1039/c3cs60299k. Epub 2013 Oct 8.
- The advent of nanotechnology has revolutionized drug delivery in terms of improving drug efficacy and safety. Both polymer-based and lipid-based drug-loaded nanocarriers have demonstrated clinical benefit to date. However, to address the multifaceted drug delivery challenges ahead and further expand
- PMID 24100581
- De novo prediction of DNA-binding specificities for Cys2His2 zinc finger proteins.
- Persikov AV, Singh M.Author information Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, Princeton University, Princeton NJ 08544, USA and Department of Computer Science, Princeton University, Princeton NJ 08544, USA.AbstractProteins with sequence-specific DNA binding function are important for a wide range of biological activities. De novo prediction of their DNA-binding specificities from sequence alone would be a great aid in inferring cellular networks. Here we introduce a method for predicting DNA-binding specificities for Cys2His2 zinc fingers (C2H2-ZFs), the largest family of DNA-binding proteins in metazoans. We develop a general approach, based on empirical calculations of pairwise amino acid-nucleotide interaction energies, for predicting position weight matrices (PWMs) representing DNA-binding specificities for C2H2-ZF proteins. We predict DNA-binding specificities on a per-finger basis and merge predictions for C2H2-ZF domains that are arrayed within sequences. We test our approach on a diverse set of natural C2H2-ZF proteins with known binding specificities and demonstrate that for >85% of the proteins, their predicted PWMs are accurate in 50% of their nucleotide positions. For proteins with several zinc finger isoforms, we show via case studies that this level of accuracy enables us to match isoforms with their known DNA-binding specificities. A web server for predicting a PWM given a protein containing C2H2-ZF domains is available online at http://zf.princeton.edu and can be used to aid in protein engineering applications and in genome-wide searches for transcription factor targets.
- Nucleic acids research.Nucleic Acids Res.2014 Jan 7;42(1):97-108. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkt890. Epub 2013 Oct 3.
- Proteins with sequence-specific DNA binding function are important for a wide range of biological activities. De novo prediction of their DNA-binding specificities from sequence alone would be a great aid in inferring cellular networks. Here we introduce a method for predicting DNA-binding specifici
- PMID 24097433
- Chronic inflammation and cancer: suppressing the suppressors.
- Baniyash M, Sade-Feldman M, Kanterman J.Author information Faculty of Medicine, Israel-Canada Medical Research Institute, The Lautenberg Center for General and Tumor Immunology, The Hebrew University, POB: 12272, 91120, Jerusalem, Israel, firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractChronic inflammation typical to various chronic diseases is associated with immunosuppression, mediated primarily by immature myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSCs). A variety of factors induce MDSC differentiation arrest, thus manipulating the host's immune function and suppressing the innate and adaptive immune systems, as reflected by their impaired status associated with down-regulated expression of the CD247 molecule. Such chronic inflammation-induced immunosuppressive features are also found in many tumors, generating tumor micro- and macro-environments that act as critical barriers to effective anti-tumor responses and therapies. This knowledge offers new and novel candidate immune targets for therapeutic interventions, in combination with more conventional approaches as chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and cancer cell targeted therapy. Therapeutic manipulation of chronic inflammation during cancer development is likely to enhance efficacy of treatments such as vaccinations, and adoptive T cell transfer, thus switching the chronic pro-cancer inflammatory environments into an anti-cancer milieu. Based on the functional relevance of immune networking in tumors, it is advantageous to merge monitoring immune biomarkers into the traditional patient's categorization and treatment regiments, which will provide new prognostic and/or predictive tools to clinical practice. A better identification of environmental and tumor-specific inflammatory mechanisms will allow directing the clinical management of cancer toward a more personalized medicine.
- Cancer immunology, immunotherapy : CII.Cancer Immunol Immunother.2014 Jan;63(1):11-20. doi: 10.1007/s00262-013-1468-9. Epub 2013 Aug 29.
- Chronic inflammation typical to various chronic diseases is associated with immunosuppression, mediated primarily by immature myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSCs). A variety of factors induce MDSC differentiation arrest, thus manipulating the host's immune function and suppressing the innate and
- PMID 23990173
- 小川 徹,劉 洋洋,長谷川 隆三,越村 三幸,藤田 博,Ogawa Toru,Liu Yangyang,Hasegawa Ryuzo,Koshimura Miyuki,Fujita Hiroshi,オガワ トオル,リュウ ヨウヨウ,ハセガワ リュウゾウ,コシムラ ミユキ,フジタ ヒロシ
- Research reports on information science and electrical engineering of Kyushu University 18(2), 85-92, 2013-07-26
- … The former is based on unary adder, while the latter is based on odd-even merge. …
- NAID 120005306729
- 中澤 隆久,田浦 健次朗
- 情報処理学会研究報告. [ハイパフォーマンスコンピューティング] 2013-HPC-140(2), 1-8, 2013-07-24
- 昨今,並列性能の重要性が高まっているが,代表的なソートアルゴリズムであるクイックソートは逐次実行のクリティカルパスの長さのため,並列性能が高いとは言えない.一方で並列性能の高いソートアルゴリズムである Cilk sort や sampling sort は一時メモリがソート対象の大きさ分必要となり,大規模なデータのソートにおいてはその範囲に制約がかかってしまう.本研究では並列性能が高く省メモリであ …
- NAID 110009588122
- An Online Method for Trajectory Simplification Under Uncertainty of GPS
- Guangwen Liu,Masayuki Iwai,Kaoru Sezaki
- 情報処理学会論文誌. データベース 6(3), 40-49, 2013-06-28
- … Two main components of this method (i.e., divide/merge principle and selection strategy), are elaborated in the paper. …
- NAID 110009579664
- 語り手の老人への共感 : ウイリアム・ワーズワース「カンバーランドの乞食の老人」,「決意と自立」への一考察
- 高梨 絵梨沙
- 英米文化 (43), 33-45, 2013-03-31
- … In spite of their class, these men have an honorable spirit and merge with the nature of the Lake District. …
- NAID 110009597574
- SQL入門 MERGE 行の挿入と更新を1ステートメントで行う (MERGE = UPDATE + INSERT) また、UPDATE と INSERT をもじって、UPSERT とも呼ばれる。 ... SQL 入門 (DMLの基本形式:MERGE) 行の挿入と更新を 1ステートメントで ...
- 世界中から選りすぐったインポートの靴をメインとする洋服や雑貨を扱うセレクトショップ「merge」の楽天市場店 ... 2014.07.17 SUMMER SALE! 今シーズンの商品もMAX30％OFF！ mergeの2014春夏サマーセールがスタート！色・サイズ欠けが ...
- 例 表へのマージ例 次の例では、oeサンプル・スキーマ内のbonuses表(ボーナスのデフォルトは100)を使用します。次に、oe.orders表のsales_rep_id列に基づいて、販売実績があったすべての従業員をbonuses表に挿入します。最終的に、人事 ...
- ally、associate、bind、binding、bond、bonding、combination、combined application、complicate、concomitant、concurrent、conjoin、conjugate、conjugation、conjunction、connect、connection、couple、dock、engage、engagement、join、ligate、linkage、merge、merger、symphysial、union
- ally、combinatorial、combine、combined application、complicate、compound、concomitant、concurrent、conjunction、matching、merge、merger、mixture、pair
- hypertension complicated by atherosclerosis can manifest by arterial bruits.(動脈硬化を合併した高血圧は動脈雑音で明らかになることがあります。