- of or relating to locomotion (同)locomotor
- a wheeled vehicle consisting of a self-propelled engine that is used to draw trains along railway tracks (同)engine, locomotive engine, railway locomotive
- do physical exercise; "She works out in the gym every day" (同)work_out
- give a workout to; "Some parents exercise their infants"; "My personal trainer works me hard"; "work ones muscles"; "this puzzle will exercise your mind" (同)work, work_out
- a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding; "you must work the examples at the end of each chapter in the textbook" (同)example
- the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit; "the doctor recommended regular exercise"; "he did some exercising"; "the physical exertion required by his work kept him fit" (同)exercising, physical exercise, physical exertion, workout
- systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect" (同)practice, drill, practice session, recitation
- (usually plural) a ceremony that involves processions and speeches; "academic exercises"
- move so as to change position, perform a nontranslational motion; "He moved his hand slightly to the right"
- go or proceed from one point to another; "the debate moved from family values to the economy"
- the act of changing your residence or place of business; "they say that three moves equal one fire" (同)relocation
- (game) a players turn to take some action permitted by the rules of the game
- the act of deciding to do something; "he didnt make a move to help"; "his first move was to hire a lawyer"
- cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense; "Move those boxes into the corner, please"; "Im moving my money to another bank"; "The director moved more responsibilities onto his new assistant" (同)displace
- have a turn; make ones move in a game; "Can I go now?" (同)go
- progress by being changed; "The speech has to go through several more drafts"; "run through your presentation before the meeting" (同)go, run
- propose formally; in a debate or parliamentary meeting (同)make a motion
- arouse sympathy or compassion in; "Her fate moved us all"
- change residence, affiliation, or place of employment; "We moved from Idaho to Nebraska"; "The basketball player moved from one team to another"
- dispose of by selling; "The chairman of the company told the salesmen to move the computers"
- live ones life in a specified environment; "she moves in certain circles only"
- the act of changing the location of something; "the movement of cargo onto the vessel"
- the driving and regulating parts of a mechanism (as of a watch or clock); "it was an expensive watch with a diamond movement"
- a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something (同)motion
- a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals; "he was a charter member of the movement"; "politicians have to respect a mass movement"; "he led the national liberation front" (同)social movement, front
- a major self-contained part of a symphony or sonata; "the second movement is slow and melodic"
- a state of change; "they were in a state of steady motion"
- the act of changing location from one place to another; "police controlled the motion of the crowd"; "the movement of people from the farms to the cities"; "his move put him directly in my path" (同)movement, move
- a change of position that does not entail a change of location; "the reflex motion of his eyebrows revealed his surprise"; "movement is a sign of life"; "an impatient move of his hand"; "gastrointestinal motility" (同)movement, move, motility
- a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote; "he made a motion to adjourn"; "she called for the question" (同)question
- moving or capable of moving readily (especially from place to place); "a mobile missile system"; "the tongue is...the most mobile articulator"
- sculpture suspended in midair whose delicately balanced parts can be set in motion by air currents
- migratory; "a restless mobile society"; "the nomadic habits of the Bedouins"; "believed the profession of a peregrine typist would have a happy future"; "wandering tribes" (同)nomadic, peregrine, roving, wandering
- capable of changing quickly from one state or condition to another; "a highly mobile face"
- having transportation available
- machine that converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy and so imparts motion
- a nonspecific agent that imparts motion; "happiness is the aim of all men and the motor of all action"
- a locomotive driven by a hydraulic transmission system powered by a diesel engine (同)diesel-hydraulic
- a locomotive driven by the electric current generated by a diesel engine (同)diesel-electric
- a locomotive that is powered by an electric motor
- a locomotive driven by a diesel engine
- 『機関車』 / 運動の,移動する,移動力のある
- 〈U〉(身体の)『運動』;〈C〉体操 / 〈C〉(…の)『練習』,けいこ;練習問題《+『in』(『for』,『on』)+『名』》 / 〈U〉〈C〉《the~》(精神力・能力などを)『働かせること』,(権力などの)行使《+『of』+『名』》 / 《しばしば複数形で》(軍の)演習;《米》式,式典 / 〈C〉礼拝,勤行 / 〈手足など,体の器官〉‘を'『働かせる』,動かす,訓練する / 〈人〉‘に'(…の)『訓練をさらる』,(…で)〈人〉‘を'鍛練する《+『名』〈人〉+『in』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈精神力・能力など〉‘を'『働かせる』,〈権力など〉‘を'行使する / 《文》《受動態で》(…について)〈人〉‘を'悩ます,心配させる《+『名』〈人〉+『about』(『over』)+『名』》 / 練習する;運動する
- 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『動く』,移動する,揺れ動く / (…から…へ)『引っ越す』,移転する《+『from』(『out of』)+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 《副詞[句]を伴って》〈時間などか〉経過する(ある方向へ)〈事態・仕事などが〉進展する,向かう / (…で)活動する,活躍する《+『in』(『on』)+『名』》 / 動議を出す,提案する / (チェス・チェッカーなどで)こまを動かす / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》…‘を'『動かす』,移動する,進行させる;…‘を'揺り動かす / 《しばしば受動態で》〈人〉‘を'『感動させる』,‘の'気持ちを動かす / …‘を'動議する,提案する / 措置,手段 / (チェス・チェッカーなどで)こまを動かすこと,一手;こまを動かす番,手番 / 《単数形で》動き,動作
- 〈U〉(…の)『運動』,『動き』;移動《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉動作,身振り / 〈C〉《複数形で》行動,活動 / 〈C〉(…に向かう)(事熊の)成り行き,動向《+『toward』+『名』》 / 〈C〉(目標を達成するための一群の人たちの)運動 / 〈C〉(賛団の)移動,移住;(人口の)異動《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉楽章 / 〈C〉(時計などの)機械装置,動く仕掛け
- 〈U〉『動くこと,運動』,運行,移動 / 〈C〉『動作』;身ぶり,合図 / 〈C〉(議会などの)『動議』,提案;)法廷での)申請,申し立て / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》〈人など〉‘に'『身振りで合図をする』 / 『身振りで合図する』:《『motion to(for)』+『名』+『to』 do・・・に・・・するよう身振りで合図する》
- 動く(動かす)ことができる,移動できる;機動力のある / (心・表情が)次々と移り変わる;表情(感情)の豊かな / (社会・階層が上下に)流動できる / モビール(金属板などを空中につって動きを見せる抽象的な装飾) / 《米俗》自動車
- (電気の)『モーター』,電動機 / エンジン,(特に)内燃機関 / 《英》自動車(motorcar) / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》 / モーターの;エンジンの;自動車の / モーター(エンジン)による,自動車による / (神経・筋肉について)運動の / 自動車で行く / …‘を'自動車で運ぶ
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Long-term outcome of the repair of 50 mm long median nerve defects in rhesus monkeys with marrow mesenchymal stem cells-containing, chitosan-based tissue engineered nerve grafts.
- Hu N, Wu H, Xue C, Gong Y, Wu J, Xiao Z, Yang Y, Ding F, Gu X.SourceJiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, 19 Qixiu Road, Nantong JS226001, PR China; Department of Ophthalmology, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, 20 Xisi Road, Nantong JS226001, PR China.
- Biomaterials.Biomaterials.2013 Jan;34(1):100-11. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2012.09.020. Epub 2012 Oct 11.
- Despite great progress in the fields of tissue engineering and stem cell therapy, the translational and preclinical studies are required to accelerate the clinical application of tissue engineered nerve grafts, as an alternative to autologous nerve grafts, for peripheral nerve repair. Rhesus monkeys
- PMID 23063298
- [Space Flight/Bedrest Immobilization and Bone. Exercise training for osteoporosis].
- Sakuma M, Endo N.SourceDepartment of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medical Technology, Niigata University of Health and Welfare/Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Niigata University and Dental Hospital, Japan.
- Clinical calcium.Clin Calcium.2012 Dec;22(12):1903-7. doi: CliCa121219031907.
- Osteoporosis is one of the main diseases of the locomotive syndrome. Exercise therapy is a basic approach for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis, and is effective for increasing bone mineral density and preventing fall. Single foothold standing with the eyes open for one minute and squatting b
- PMID 23187084
- [Space Flight/Bedrest Immobilization and Bone. Mechanical stress : A double-edged sword to osteoarthritis].
- Matsui H, Harada I, Ishijima M, Sawada Y.SourceLaboratory for Mechanical Medicine, Locomotive Syndrome Research Institute, Nadogaya Hospital, Japan.
- Clinical calcium.Clin Calcium.2012 Dec;22(12):1855-62. doi: CliCa121218551862.
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is a disease caused by the degeneration and destruction of joint cartilage followed by peri-articular or subchondral bone formation and concomitant degeneration of other components of joints including synovium. Several animal OA models that adopt surgically induced joint instabil
- PMID 23187078
- 伊能 幸雄,小西 由里子,宮本 瑠美 [他]
- 人間ドック = Ningen Dock : official journal of the Japanese Society of Human Dry Dock 30(1), 52-58, 2015-06
- NAID 40020526028
- マルチ型抗ロコモの処方提案 (特集 ロコモティブシンドローム対応の機能性素材 : サルコペニア、フレイルを中心に)
- 抗ロコモ素材 : 筋肉・骨・関節 (特集 ロコモティブシンドローム対応の機能性素材 : サルコペニア、フレイルを中心に)
- 筋骨草エキス末のロコモ対応素材としての有用性 (特集 ロコモティブシンドローム対応の機能性素材 : サルコペニア、フレイルを中心に)
- A locomotive or engine is a railway vehicle that provides the motive power for a train. The word originates from the Latin loco – "from a place", ablative of locus, " place" + Medieval Latin motivus, "causing motion", and is a shortened form of the ...
- In March 2008, EPA finalized a three part program that will dramatically reduce emissions from diesel locomotives of all types -- line-haul, switch, and passenger rail. The rule will cut PM emissions from these engines by as much as 90 percent ...
- Lists of surviving US steam locomotives, photos and railfairs. Java applet to design your own steam locomotive.