- tie or fasten into a knot; "knot the shoelaces"
- something twisted and tight and swollen; "their muscles stood out in knots"; "the old mans fists were two great gnarls"; "his stomach was in knots" (同)gnarl
- a hard cross-grained round piece of wood in a board where a branch emerged; "the saw buckled when it hit a knot"
- a sandpiper that breeds in the Arctic and winters in the southern hemisphere (同)greyback, grayback, Calidris canutus
- any of various fastenings formed by looping and tying a rope (or cord) upon itself or to another rope or to another object
- a tight cluster of people or things; "a small knot of women listened to his sermon"; "the bird had a knot of feathers forming a crest"
- make into knots; make knots out of; "She knotted her fingers"
- a land unit equal to 1 square mile
- one of several parts or pieces that fit with others to constitute a whole object; "a section of a fishing rod"; "metal sections were used below ground"; "finished the final segment of the road" (同)segment
- a small class of students who are part of a larger course but are taught separately; "a graduate student taught sections for the professors lecture course" (同)discussion section
- (geometry) the area created by a plane cutting through a solid (同)plane section
- a self-contained part of a larger composition (written or musical); "he always turns first to the business section"; "the history of this work is discussed in the next section" (同)subdivision
- a distinct region or subdivision of a territorial or political area or community or group of people; "no section of the nation is more ardent than the South"; "there are three synagogues in the Jewish section"
- a division of an orchestra containing all instruments of the same class
- a segment of a citrus fruit; "he ate a section of the orange"
- a small army unit usually having a special function
- a small team of policemen working as part of a police platoon
- a very thin slice (of tissue or mineral or other substance) for examination under a microscope; "sections from the left ventricle showed diseased tissue"
- (grammar) an expression including a subject and predicate but not constituting a complete sentence
- an encapsulated neural structure consisting of a collection of cell bodies or neurons
- any thickened enlargement (同)knob, thickening
- (botany) the small swelling that is the part of a plant stem from which one or more leaves emerge (同)leaf node
- a connecting point at which several lines come together
- (computer science) any computer that is hooked up to a computer network (同)client, guest
- (astronomy) a point where an orbit crosses a plane
- (physics) the point of minimum displacement in a periodic system
- any bulge or swelling of an anatomical structure or part
- tied with a knot; "his carefully knotted necktie"
- 『結び目』,結び / (リボンなどで作った)飾り結び / (人・物の,通例小さな)群れ,一団 / (板・木材の)節,節目;(筋肉などの)隆起 / 困難(difficulty) / 縁,絆(きずな) / ノット(1時間に1海里(約1,852m)進む速さの単位) / …‘を'『結びなわせる』《+『名』+『together』,+『together』+『名』》 / …‘に'結び目をつける,‘を'結ぶ / (こぶになって)堅く結ばれる,もつれる
- 〈C〉(全体を構成する個々の)『部分』,部品;(全体の中で特定の用途・機能・特徴を持った)部分,部門 / 〈C〉(内部構造を児す)断面図;切断面 / 〈U〉切断すること,(外科の)切開;〈C〉(顕微鏡などで検査する組織の)切片 / 〈C〉《米》セクション(郡区(township)の36分の1に当たる1平方マイル(640エーカー)の土地区画の広さ) / …‘を'区分(分割)する / …‘の'断面[図]を作る
- (文法で)『節』(文の一部で「主語+述語動詞」の構造を持っている語の集まり) / (条約・法律などの)『箇条』,条項
- 神経節・ガングリオン，結節腫 《主に手首にできる良性の嚢腫(のうしゆ)》・〔知的･産業的活動の〕中心，中枢 〔of〕
- (茎・幹の)節(ふし) / (体組織にできた)結節,こぶ(リンパ瘤(りゅう)など) / (天体の軌道の)交点 / (物事の)中心点
- 結び目のある,結ばれた / 節(ふし)のある
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- The Wnt antagonist Wif-1 interacts with CTGF and inhibits CTGF activity.
- Surmann-Schmitt C, Sasaki T, Hattori T, Eitzinger N, Schett G, von der Mark K, Stock M.SourceDepartment of Experimental Medicine I, Nikolaus-Fiebiger-Zentrum für Molekulare Medizin, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany.
- Journal of cellular physiology.J Cell Physiol.2012 May;227(5):2207-16. doi: 10.1002/jcp.22957.
- Wnt inhibitory factor 1 (Wif-1) is a secreted antagonist of Wnt signalling. We recently demonstrated that this molecule is expressed predominantly in superficial layers of epiphyseal cartilage but also in bone and tendon. Moreover, we showed that Wif-1 is capable of binding to several cartilage-rela
- PMID 21928342
- The importance of stressing the use of laparoscopic instruments in the initial training for laparoscopic surgery using box trainers: a randomized control study.
- Tokunaga M, Okajima M, Egi H, Yoshimitsu M, Sumitani D, Kawahara T, Hattori M, Ohdan H.SourceDepartment of Surgery, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Programs for Biomedical Research, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan.
- The Journal of surgical research.J Surg Res.2012 May 1;174(1):90-7. Epub 2010 Dec 22.
- BACKGROUND: The goal of this study was to improve the efficiency of initial box training for laparoscopic surgery.MATERIALS AND METHODS: The study used the following task: suturing and knot tying task under a combination of four conditions. (1) The C (use of conventional instruments)-D (direct visio
- PMID 21227460
- Bioinspired electrospun knotted microfibers for fog harvesting.
- Dong H, Wang N, Wang L, Bai H, Wu J, Zheng Y, Zhao Y, Jiang L.SourceBeijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences (BNLMS), Key Laboratory of Organic Solids, Institute of Chemistry Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190 (P.R. China); Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100039 (P.R. China).
- Chemphyschem : a European journal of chemical physics and physical chemistry.Chemphyschem.2012 Apr 10;13(5):1153-6. doi: 10.1002/cphc.201100957. Epub 2012 Mar 13.
- Tying the knot: Knotted microfibers with fog collection abilities are fabricated by a facile coaxial electrospinning method. This method is promising for rapid, large-area, and low-cost production of fabric materials that could be used to relieve drought in arid areas.Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Ver
- PMID 22416049
- Loop-in-Loop Technique in Mitral Valve Repair via Minithoracotomy.
- Okamoto K, Yozu R, Kudo M.SourceDepartment of Cardiovascular Surgery, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan.
- The Annals of thoracic surgery.Ann Thorac Surg.2012 Apr;93(4):1329-30.
- Although multiple neochordae creations with premeasured loops by polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) sutures is a feasible and effective technique for mitral valve repair by an endoscopic-assisted minithoracotomy approach, measuring the correct length of premeasured loops is difficult because of diversit
- PMID 22450096
- On Transforming a Spatial Graph into a Plane Graph(Statistical Physics and Topology of Polymers with Ramifications to Structure and Function of DNA and Proteins)
- KAWAUCHI Akio
- Progress of theoretical physics. Supplement (191), 225-234, 2011-12-16
- … We also generalize the usual unknotting number of a knot to every spatial graph and introduce related topological invariants for every spatial graph, called the γ-unknotting number, Γ-unknotting number and (γ,Γ)-unknotting number. …
- NAID 110008798542
- Knot Localization in a Flexible Polymer Confined in a Tube(Statistical Physics and Topology of Polymers with Ramifications to Structure and Function of DNA and Proteins)
- NAKAJIMA Chihiro H.,SAKAUE Takahiro
- Progress of theoretical physics. Supplement (191), 205-209, 2011-12-16
- … We have examined the behaviors of a knotted linear polymer in the narrow tube using Langevin dynamics simulation, and have found that the knot is strongly localized in such a geometry. …
- NAID 110008798539
- Probing the Entanglement and Locating Knots in Ring Polymers : A Comparative Study of Different Arc Closure Schemes(Statistical Physics and Topology of Polymers with Ramifications to Structure and Function of DNA and Proteins)
- TUBIANA Luca,ORLANDINI Enzo,MICHELETTI Cristian
- Progress of theoretical physics. Supplement (191), 192-204, 2011-12-16
- … To understand the impact of this ambiguity in contexts of practical interest, such as knot localization in a ring with non trivial topology, we apply various closure schemes to model ring polymers. … The rings have the same length and topological state (a trefoil knot) but have different degree of compactness. … This closure method is applied to the knot localization problem which is tackled using two different localization schemes based on top-down or bottom-up searches. …
- NAID 110008798538
- The Length Scale of 3-Space Knots, Ephemeral Knots, and Slipknots in Random Walks(Statistical Physics and Topology of Polymers with Ramifications to Structure and Function of DNA and Proteins)
- MILLETT Kenneth C.
- Progress of theoretical physics. Supplement (191), 182-191, 2011-12-16
- … The probability that a random walk or polygon in the 3-space or in the simple cubic lattice contains a small knot, an ephemeral knot, or a slipknot goes to one as the length goes to infinity. … The probability that a polygon or walk contains a "global" knot also goes to one as the length goes to infinity. …
- NAID 110008798537
- オーダー家具のknot（ノット）です。京都京北の自社工場でひとつひとつ丁寧に製作いたします。 ... © knot furniture produce 2001-2014 All Rights Reserved
- KNOTは、こどもとあなたを結ぶ。knot for kids and you.シンプルで気持ちのよいもの／毎日にファンタジーをくれるもの／日常に美しいもの／こどもたちとあなたのために
- clause、ganglia、ganglion、ganglionic、knot、lymph node、nodal、nodose、nodulate、section、tubercle、tubercular、tuberosity
- granny knot
- 女子結節 女結び 婦女結節 woman knot、逆結び