- lower or bend (the head or upper body), as in a nod or bow; "She inclined her head to the student"
- bend or turn (ones ear) towards a speaker in order to listen well; "He inclined his ear to the wise old man"
- feel favorably disposed or willing; "She inclines to the view that people should be allowed to expres their religious beliefs"
- rely on for support; "We can lean on this man"
- containing little excess; "a lean budget"; "a skimpy allowance" (同)skimpy
- to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister" (同)tilt, tip, slant, angle
- cause to lean or incline; "He leaned his rifle against the wall"
- lacking in mineral content or combustible material; "lean ore"; "lean fuel"
- not profitable or prosperous; "a lean year"
- (geometry) the angle formed by the x-axis and a given line (measured counterclockwise from the positive half of the x-axis) (同)angle_of_inclination
- (astronomy) the angle between the plane of the orbit and the plane of the ecliptic stated in degrees (同)inclination of an orbit
- the act of inclining; bending forward; "an inclination of his head indicated his agreement" (同)inclining
- an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others; "he had an inclination to give up too easily"; "a tendency to be too strict" (同)disposition, tendency
- that toward which you are inclined to feel a liking; "her inclination is for classical music"
- charge with a tilt
- the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical; "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right" (同)list, inclination, lean, leaning
- a slight but noticeable partiality; "the courts tilt toward conservative rulings"
- be at an angle; "The terrain sloped down" (同)incline, pitch
- an elevated geological formation; "he climbed the steep slope"; "the house was built on the side of a mountain" (同)incline, side
- slanting or inclined in direction or course or position--neither parallel nor perpendicular nor right-angled; "the oblique rays of the winter sun"; "acute and obtuse angles are oblique angles"; "the axis of an oblique cone is not perpendicular to its base"
- any grammatical case other than the nominative (同)oblique case
- a simple machine for elevating objects; consists of plane surface that makes an acute angle with the horizontal
- a geological fault in which one side is above the other
- a bench press performed on an inclined bench
- at an angle to the horizontal or vertical position; "an inclined plane"
- (often followed by `to'
- (…に)『心が傾く』,気が向く / 〈人・物が〉『傾向がある』(rend) / (…に)傾く,傾斜する;身をかがめる《+『to』(『toward』)+『名』》 / 〈物事が〉(…に)‘の'心を向けさせる / (…に)…‘を'傾ける,傾斜させる,かがめる《+『名』+『to』(『toward』)+『名』》 / 傾斜,こう配;斜面
- (人・動物が)『やせた』,肉の落ちた / (肉などが)脂肪が少ない / 乏しい,貧弱な(poor, scanty);(土地などが)やせた / 脂肪のない肉,赤身(lean meat)
- 《副詞[句]を伴って》〈建物などが〉『傾く』 / 《副詞[句]を伴って》『上体を曲げる』 / (…に)『もたれる』,寄りかかる《+『on』(『upon, against』)+『名』》 / (…のことで…に)『頼る』《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』+『for』+『名』》 / (…に)〈意見・気持ちなどが〉傾く《+『to』(『toward』)+『名』》 / 《副詞[句]を伴って》〈体・頭など〉‘を'『曲げる』,傾ける / (…に)…‘を'『もたせかける』,立て掛ける《+『名』+『against』(『on, upon』)+『名』》 / 傾くこと;傾き
- 〈C〉《単数形で》『傾くこと』,傾けること;《an inclination》『傾き』,傾斜,斜面(slope) / 〈C〉〈U〉《文》(物事の)『傾向』 / 〈C〉〈U〉《しばしば複数形で》(人の)『好み』,意向
- …‘を'傾ける / (馬上槍試合で)〈槍〉‘を'突き出す,〈相手〉‘を'槍で突く / 傾く / 馬上槍試合をする / (相手を)槍で突く《+at+名》 / (文章・言葉で)(…を)攻撃する《+at+名》 / 傾き,傾斜(slope) / (中世騎士の)馬上槍試合 / (一般に)対決,試合
- 『傾斜する』,坂になる / …‘を'傾斜させる,‘に'勾配をつける / 〈C〉『坂』,斜面,スロープ / 〈C〉〈U〉『勾配(こうばい)』,傾斜
- 傾いた,斜めの / 間接の,遠回しの / 〈C〉〈U〉斜線(/)
- 〈人〉‘に'いや気を起こさせる;〈人〉‘に'(…する)気をなくさせる《+『名』〈人〉+『to』do》 / 気乗りしなくなる
- 《補語にのみ用いて》傾向がある,心が向く / 傾いた,斜めの
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Pattern of animal bites and post exposure prophylaxis in rabies: A five year study in a tertiary care unit in Sri Lanka.
- Kularatne SA1, Ralapanawa DM2, Weerakoon K3, Bokalamulla UK4, Abagaspitiya N5.
- BMC infectious diseases.BMC Infect Dis.2016 Feb 4;16(1):62. doi: 10.1186/s12879-016-1394-5.
- BACKGROUND: Rabies is a global problem which occurs in more than 150 countries and territories including Sri Lanka, where human deaths from rabies are in decline whilst resources incurred for prevention of rabies are in sharp incline over the years. In this backdrop, we aim to audit the post-exposur
- PMID 26847552
- Origin of the Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology.
- Hylin J1.
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology.Bull Environ Contam Toxicol.2016 Feb;96(2):137-8. doi: 10.1007/s00128-016-1730-x. Epub 2016 Jan 21.
- PMID 26792262
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinase patterns in association with aortic dilatation in bicuspid aortic valve patients with isolated severe aortic stenosis.
- Wang Y1,2, Wu B3, Dong L1,2, Wang C2, Wang X1, Shu X4,5.
- Heart and vessels.Heart Vessels.2016 Feb;31(2):189-97. doi: 10.1007/s00380-014-0593-5. Epub 2014 Oct 18.
- Bicuspid aortic valve (BAV) exhibits a clinical incline toward aortopathy, in which aberrant tensile and shear stress generated by BAV can induce differential expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their endogenous tissue inhibitors (TIMPs). Whether stenotic BAV, which exhibits additiona
- PMID 25325992
- Biomechanical Changes During a 50-minute Run in Different Footwear and on Various Slopes.
- Lussiana T1, Hébert-Losier K, Millet GP, Mourot L.
- Journal of applied biomechanics.J Appl Biomech.2016 Feb;32(1):40-9. doi: 10.1123/jab.2015-0108. Epub 2015 Sep 14.
- The effects of footwear and inclination on running biomechanics over short intervals are well documented. Although recognized that exercise duration can impact running biomechanics, it remains unclear how biomechanics change over time when running in minimalist shoes and on slopes. Our aims were to
- PMID 26367201
- Evaluation of Dynamics of Pushing a Wheelchair Up or Down a Slope
- MIYAWAKI Kazuto,SASAKI Makoto,IWAMI Takehiro,OBINATA Goro,SHIMADA Yoichi
- Journal of System Design and Dynamics 6(4), 525-536, 2012
- … Results obtained with 14 volunteers who assisted these wheelchair experiments were considered for cases in which the energy consumption of the wheelchair increased by 13% from that of a normal gait when moving up an incline. …
- NAID 130002100232
- Ventilatory response to moderate incremental exercise performed 24 h after resistance exercise with concentric and eccentric contractions
- Yunoki Takahiro,Arimitsu Takuma,Yamanaka Ryo,Lian Chang-shun,Afroundeh Roghhayye,Matsuura Ryouta,Yano Tokuo
- European Journal of Applied Physiology 111(8), 1769-1775, 2011-08
- … In the REC, resistance exercise (30 incline leg presses) was conducted during two sessions scheduled at 48 and then 24 h prior to the IET. …
- NAID 120004405527
- incline 【自動】 〔物が〕傾く、傾斜する 心[気持ち]が傾く、（～したいと）... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- Incline definition, to deviate from the vertical or horizontal; slant. See more. Dictionary.com Word of the Day Translate Games Blog Thesaurus.com Apps Favorites Log Out Log In follow Dictionary.com Dictionary.com My Account ...
- She listened with her eyes closed and her head inclined. The road inclines at an angle of about 12 degrees. His love of books inclined him toward a literary career. ... incline, bias, dispose, predispose mean to influence one to have ...
- (通例 a～)傾斜/傾斜度(incline)、勾配。(数学)傾き、勾配、微分係数。