- infestation of the body with parasitic worms
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Epidemiology of helminthiasis in a hospital in southern Madrid.
- Vázquez-López S, Cenzual-Álvarez G, Merino-Fernández FJ.SourceServicio de Microbiología y Parasitología, Hospital Universitario Severo Ochoa, Leganés, Madrid, España. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Revista clinica espanola.Rev Clin Esp.2013 Mar;213(2):122-124. doi: 10.1016/j.rce.2012.09.008. Epub 2012 Nov 15.
- PMID 23158904
- Efficacy and toxicity of thirteen plant leaf acetone extracts used in ethnoveterinary medicine in South Africa on egg hatching and larval development of Haemonchus contortus.
- Adamu M, Naidoo V, Eloff JN.AbstractABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: Helminthiasis is a major limitation to the livestock industry in Africa. Haemonchus contortus is the singular most important helminth responsible for major economic losses in small ruminants. The high cost of anthelmintics to small farmers, resistance to available anthelmintics and residue problems in meat and milk consumed by humans further complicates matters. The use of plants and plant extracts as a possible source of new anthelmintics has received more interest in the last decade. Our aim was not to confirm the traditional use, but rather to determine activity of extracts.Based on our past experience acetone was used as extractant. Because it is cheaper and more reproducible to evaluate the activity of plant extracts, than doing animal studies, the activity of acetone leaf extracts of thirteen plant species used traditionally in ethnoveterinary medicine in South Africa were determined using the egg hatch assay and the larval development test. Cytotoxicity of these extracts was also evaluated using the MTT cellular assay.
- BMC veterinary research.BMC Vet Res.2013 Feb 26;9(1):38. [Epub ahead of print]
- ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: Helminthiasis is a major limitation to the livestock industry in Africa. Haemonchus contortus is the singular most important helminth responsible for major economic losses in small ruminants. The high cost of anthelmintics to small farmers, resistance to available anthelmintics
- PMID 23442744
- Parasitic Helminths Found from Imported Crab-Eating Macaques (Macaca fascicularis) in a Quarantine Station of an Experimental Animal Supplying Company and its Epidemiological Point of View in Japan
- 浅川 満彦
- 獣医疫学雑誌 14(1), 29-30, 2010
- … Since 2007, I have been consulted from a veterinary officer belonging to an experimental animal supplying company in Japan with helminths and/or helminthiasis obtained/found from the macaques during the quarantine period. …
- NAID 130000438066
- Increasing Parasitic Diseases in Japan
- Helminthiasis is any macroparasitic disease of humans and animals in which a part of the body is infected with parasitic worms, called helminths. These include pinworms, roundworms, and tapeworms. Helminths often live in the ...
- 1 Mar 2013 ... Helminthiasis information including symptoms, diagnosis, misdiagnosis, treatment, causes, patient stories, videos, forums, prevention, and prognosis.
- helminthic disease, helminthiasis