- urge with or as if with a goad
- a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something; "the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves" (同)goading, prod, prodding, urging, spur, spurring
- stab or urge on as if with a pointed stick (同)prick
- pass, fare, or elapse; of a certain state of affairs or action; "How is it going?"; "The day went well until I got your call"
- a time for working (after which you will be relieved by someone else); "its my go"; "a spell of work" (同)spell, tour, turn
- be abolished or discarded; "These ugly billboards have to go!"; "These luxuries all had to go under the Khmer Rouge"
- a board game for two players who place counters on a grid; the object is to surround and so capture the opponents counters (同)go game
- move away from a place into another direction; "Go away before I start to cry"; "The train departs at noon" (同)go away, depart
- lead, extend, or afford access; "This door goes to the basement"; "The road runs South" (同)lead
- follow a procedure or take a course; "We should go farther in this matter"; "She went through a lot of trouble"; "go about the world in a certain manner"; "Messages must go through diplomatic channels" (同)proceed, move
- be awarded; be allotted; "The first prize goes to Mary"; "Her money went on clothes"
- be contained in; "How many times does 18 go into 54?"
- be or continue to be in a certain condition; "The children went hungry that day"
- be ranked or compare; "This violinist is as good as Juilliard-trained violinists go"
- be sounded, played, or expressed; "How does this song go again?"
- be spent; "All my money went for food and rent"
- functioning correctly and ready for action; "all systems are go"
- (家畜を追うための)突き棒 / (人を行動などへ)駆り立てるもの,刺激 / …‘を'突き棒で突く / …‘を'刺激する,責め立てる
- 《方向・場所を表す副詞[句]を伴って》『行く』,動く;(目的地に関係なく)進む,動く / (ある事をしに)『行く』: / 《副詞[句]を伴って》『立ち去る』,出かける,出発する / 〈機械などが〉(順調に)動く / 《副詞[句]を伴って》〈事が〉『運ぶ』,進展する / (ある状態に)『なる』,変わる / 《『go』+『名』(『形,過分』)〈補〉》(ある状態の)『ままである』 / (…から…に)向かっている,延びている《+『from』+『名』+『to』+『名』》(進行形にできない) / 〈賞品・財産などが〉(…の)ものとなる,(…の手に)渡る《+『to』+『名』》 / 〈金などが〉(…に)使用される,充当される》+『for』(『on,to』)+『名』》 / 有郊である,役立つ / 《副詞[句]を伴って》〈時間が〉過ぎる / 売られる,売れる / なくなる,つぶれる,死ぬ / 《must,can,have toと共に》捨てられる,無用にされる / 《副詞[句]を伴って》(あるべき場所に)位置する,納まる / 〈数量などが〉(…に)等しい《+『to』+『名』》;〈数が〉(…に)含まれる《+『into』+『名』》 / 《副詞[句]を伴って》音を出す,鳴る / 始める,行動に移る / 《副詞[句]を伴って》〈事が〉(…と)なっている(進行形にできない) / 《『as』+『名』+『go』の形で》普通…である,一般には…である / 《『go』 『and』 do》《話》 / …しに行く / (愚かにも,不運にも)…をする / 《単なる強調で》…する / 《『go』『going』『to』 do》 / 《話している人の意志》(…する,させる)『つもりである』 / 《可能性・見込み》(…し)『そうである』 / 《近い未来》(…し)ようとしている / 《『go』 do『ing』》 / 《否定文・疑問文で》…するようなことをする / 《『go』+『名』》(…を,に) / 〈C〉行くこと,去ること,進行 / 〈U〉《話》活力,精力 / 〈C〉《話》試し,試み / 〈C〉《単数形で》(ゲームなどでの)番,順番
- Simultaneous determination of phenolic compounds in Cynthiana grape (Vitis aestivalis) by high performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionisation-mass spectrometry.
- Ramirez-Lopez LM, McGlynn W, Goad CL, Mireles Dewitt CA.Author information Oklahoma State University, Department of Animal Science, 106 ANSI Bldg, 126 FAPC, Stillwater, OK 74078, United States; Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center, 126 FAPC, Stillwater., OK 74078, United States. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractPhenolic acids, flavanols, flavonols and stilbenes (PAFFS) were isolated from whole grapes, juice, or pomace and purified using enzymatic hydrolysis. Only anthocyanin mono-glucosides and a few of the oligomers from Cynthiana grape (Vitis aestivalis) were analysed. Flavonoid-anthocyanin mono-glucosides (FA) were isolated using methanol/0.1% hydrochloric acid extraction. In addition, crude extractions of phenolic compounds from Cynthiana grape using 50% methanol, 70% methanol, 50% acetone, 0.01% pectinase, or petroleum ether were also evaluated. Reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC) with photodiode array (PDA) detector was used to identify phenolic compounds. A method was developed for simultaneous separation, identification and quantification of both PAFFS and FA. Quantification was performed by the internal standard method using a five points regression graph of the UV-visible absorption data collected at the wavelength of maximum absorbance for each analyte. From whole grape samples nine phenolic compounds were tentatively identified and quantified. The individual phenolic compounds content varied from 3 to 875mgkg(-1) dry weight. For juice, twelve phenolic compounds were identified and quantified. The content varied from 0.07 to 910mgkg(-1) dry weight. For pomace, a total of fifteen phenolic compounds were tentatively identified and quantified. The content varied from 2mgkg(-1) to 198mgkg(-1) dry matter. Results from HPLC analysis of the samples showed that gallic acid and (+)-catechin hydrate were the major phenolic compounds in both whole grapes and pomace. Cyanidin and petunidin 3-O-glucoside were the major anthocyanin glucosides in the juice.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Apr 15;149:15-24. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.10.078. Epub 2013 Oct 25.
- Phenolic acids, flavanols, flavonols and stilbenes (PAFFS) were isolated from whole grapes, juice, or pomace and purified using enzymatic hydrolysis. Only anthocyanin mono-glucosides and a few of the oligomers from Cynthiana grape (Vitis aestivalis) were analysed. Flavonoid-anthocyanin mono-glucosid
- PMID 24295671
- On the motivational properties of reward cues: Individual differences.
- Robinson TE, Yager LM, Cogan ES, Saunders BT.Author information Department of Psychology (Biopsychology Program), University of Michigan, 530 Church Street, East Hall, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA. Electronic address: email@example.com.AbstractCues associated with rewards, such as food or drugs of abuse, can themselves acquire motivational properties. Acting as incentive stimuli, such cues can exert powerful control over motivated behavior, and in the case of cues associated with drugs, they can goad continued drug-seeking behavior and relapse. However, recent studies reviewed here suggest that there are large individual differences in the extent to which food and drug cues are attributed with incentive salience. Rats prone to approach reward cues (sign-trackers) attribute greater motivational value to discrete localizable cues and interoceptive cues than do rats less prone to approach reward cues (goal-trackers). In contrast, contextual cues appear to exert greater control over motivated behavior in goal-trackers than sign-trackers. It is possible to predict, therefore, before any experience with drugs, in which animals specific classes of drug cues will most likely reinstate drug-seeking behavior. The finding that different individuals may be sensitive to different triggers capable of motivating behavior and producing relapse suggests there may be different pathways to addiction, and has implications for thinking about individualized treatment. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'NIDA 40th Anniversary Issue'.
- Neuropharmacology.Neuropharmacology.2014 Jan;76 Pt B:450-9. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2013.05.040. Epub 2013 Jun 7.
- Cues associated with rewards, such as food or drugs of abuse, can themselves acquire motivational properties. Acting as incentive stimuli, such cues can exert powerful control over motivated behavior, and in the case of cues associated with drugs, they can goad continued drug-seeking behavior and re
- PMID 23748094
- Historical perspective on developmental concepts and terminology.
- Opitz JM, Neri G.Author information Pediatrics (Medical Genetics), Pathology, Human Genetics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah.AbstractIn their ontogeny and phylogeny all living beings are historical entities. The revolution in biology of the 18th and 19th centuries that did away with the scala naturae according to which we humans, the acme of creation, "made a little lower than the angels," also led to the gradual realization that a humble one-celled protist ("protoctist"), such as Entamoeba histolytica of ill repute [Margulis and Chapman, ] has the same 4-billion-year phylogeny as that of Homo sapiens, vivid testimony to common ancestry and the relatedness of all living beings on earth. The group of medical geneticists who assembled at the NIH, Bethesda, MD this January to address terms pertaining to human ontogeny, did so in the long tradition of Sydenham, Linnaeus, Meckel, Geoffroy St-Hilaire père et fils, Wilhelm His and so many others before who had over the previous two centuries wrestled as earnestly as they could with concepts of "classification" and nomenclature of developmental anomalies. The prior massive need for classification per se in medical morphology has diminished over the years in favor of ever more sophisticated understanding of pathogenesis and cause through experimental biology and genetics; however, in the winter of 2013 it was still found prudent to respect terminological precedent on general terms while recognizing recent advances in developmental pathology requiring clarification and definition of special terms. Efforts along similar lines instigated by the German Society of Anatomists at their first meeting in Leipzig in 1887 culminated, after intense years of work by hundreds of experts and consultants under the goad of Wilhelm His, in the Basel Nomina Anatomica [BNA, His (1895)]. His, himself, stated prefatorily that the BNA had no legislative weight, only an evanescent consensus of many to be amended in the future as needed and indicated. Without hubris, no one before or after will do the same. The more substantial the consensus the more permanent the structure. After some 120 years the BNA is alive and flourishing. Now retitled Terminologia Anatomica, it has been amended and added to many times, is still in Latin but now with synonyms in English, the new lingua franca of science, for every anatomical, histological and embryological term. May our successors be equally effective.
- American journal of medical genetics. Part A.Am J Med Genet A.2013 Nov;161A(11):2711-25. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.36244. Epub 2013 Oct 10.
- In their ontogeny and phylogeny all living beings are historical entities. The revolution in biology of the 18th and 19th centuries that did away with the scala naturae according to which we humans, the acme of creation, "made a little lower than the angels," also led to the gradual realization that
- PMID 24123982
- Utility elicitation study in the UK general public for late-stage chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
- Tolley K, Goad C, Yi Y, Maroudas P, Haiderali A, Thompson G.Author information Tolley Health Economics, Buxton, UK.AbstractOBJECTIVES: In the United Kingdom (UK), chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) makes up 40 % of all leukaemias in patients over 65 years. The study objective was to obtain societal preferences in the UK for "progression-free" and "progressive" states of late-stage CLL, refractory to current first and second line regimens. Preferences were also obtained for selected treatment-related adverse events (AEs).
- The European journal of health economics : HEPAC : health economics in prevention and care.Eur J Health Econ.2013 Oct;14(5):749-59. doi: 10.1007/s10198-012-0419-2. Epub 2012 Sep 1.
- OBJECTIVES: In the United Kingdom (UK), chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) makes up 40 % of all leukaemias in patients over 65 years. The study objective was to obtain societal preferences in the UK for "progression-free" and "progressive" states of late-stage CLL, refractory to current first and s
- PMID 22941034
- Renewable Fuel Utilization in a Cogeneration Arrangement with Hydrate Storage Method
- NAING Soe,YAMADA Takanobu,NAKANISHI Kimio
- Journal of Power and Energy Systems 1(3), 239-250, 2007
- … The objective of this paper is to propose an effective method for this goad which is possible to clarify a noticeable utilization of renewable fuel in a micro gas turbine cogeneration system in cold region. …
- NAID 130000072984
- 安部 直重,高崎 宏寿,佐藤 衆介 [他],菅原 和夫
- 日本畜産學會報 = The Japanese journal of zootechnical science 75(3), 417-422, 2004-08-25
- 離乳後の交雑種雄子牛12頭を用い，馴致処理により発生したヒトに対する模擬闘争行動を罰訓練により制御する試験を実施した．1日5分，延べ120分の馴致処理期間中に全ての個体がヒトに対する模擬闘争行動を行った．その後，電気鞭（直流，9,000V, 480mA）による行動制御を試みた結果，1頭を除くほとんどの個体で16試行中4回以下（χ<SUP>2</SUP>検定，P＜0.05）と …
- NAID 10025837639
- 西本 政雄,味木 徹夫,松森 正温,是枝 哲浩,味木 勝一
- 日本消化器内視鏡学会雑誌 45(2), 138-143, 2003
- NAID 130004090006
- Isolation and structure determination of a cDNA encoding for a thiol protease from the cultured shoot primordia of Matricaria chamomilla
- Kohchi Chie,Yasuda Masashi,Hirata Toshifumi [他],GOAD Lionel John
- Plant biotechnology 17(3), 253-257, 2000-09-01
- A cDNA encoding for a thiol protease was isolated from Matricaria chamomilla. The cDNA contained an open reading frame consisting of 501 amino acids, which had three active site motifs of thiol protea …
- NAID 10010146889
- Full Definition of GOAD 1 a: something that pains as if by pricking : thorn b: something that urges or stimulates into action : spur 2: a pointed rod used to urge on an animal See goad defined for English-language learners » See goad ...
- goad [gōd] noun The definition of a goad is a stick with a pointed or electrically charged end that is used to move animals, or is something that urges someone to do something. An example of a goad is a tool used to drive cattle into ...
- Goad definition (Heb. malmad, only in Judg. 3: 31), an instrument used by ploughmen for guiding their oxen. Shamgar slew six hundred Philistines with an ox-goad. "The goad is a formidable weapon. It is sometimes ten feet long, and ...
- 2-5A synthetase