- any law that limits freedom of the press
- the learned profession that is mastered by graduate study in a law school and that is responsible for the judicial system; "he studied law at Yale" (同)practice of law
- the collection of rules imposed by authority; "civilization presupposes respect for the law"; "the great problem for jurisprudence to allow freedom while enforcing order" (同)jurisprudence
- a generalization that describes recurring facts or events in nature; "the laws of thermodynamics" (同)law of nature
- a rule or body of rules of conduct inherent in human nature and essential to or binding upon human society (同)natural_law
- legal document setting forth rules governing a particular kind of activity; "there is a law against kidnapping"
- make jokes or quips; "The students were gagging during dinner" (同)quip
- cause to retch or choke (同)choke
- struggle for breath; have insufficient oxygen intake; "he swallowed a fishbone and gagged" (同)choke, strangle, suffocate
- make an unsuccessful effort to vomit; strain to vomit (同)heave, retch
- restraint put into a persons mouth to prevent speaking or shouting (同)muzzle
- prevent from speaking out; "The press was gagged" (同)muzzle
- tie a gag around someones mouth in order to silence them; "The burglars gagged the home owner and tied him to a chair" (同)muzzle
- the syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization (同)lah
- a unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity; used to indicate the force to which a body is subjected when it is accelerated (同)gee, g-force
- 〈U〉《the ~》《集合的に》(法律・法規を総称して)『法』 / 〈U〉〈C〉(個々の)『法律』,法規 / 〈U〉法の[統制]力 / 〈U〉法律学 / 〈U〉弁護士[業] / 〈U〉《the law》警察[力],警官(police) / 〈U〉法の適用(発動);訴訟(legal action) / 〈C〉(科学・芸術などでの)法則,きまり / 〈C〉〈U〉(一般に従うべき)おきて,ならわし,規則
- さるぐつわ;(歯科医の)開口器 / 人を黙らせるもの,言論を抑圧するもの / (…を)〈人〉‘の'口に詰める,(…で)〈人〉‘に'さるぐつわをはめる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 〈人・権力などが〉…‘の'言論の自由を抑圧する / (飲みこめないで)吐き気を催す
- ギャグ(だじゃれ)を言う / ギャグ,だじゃれ
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Physician Speech and Firearm Safety: Wollschlaeger v Governor, Florida.
- Lee TT1,2, Curfman GD1,3.
- JAMA internal medicine.JAMA Intern Med.2017 Aug 1;177(8):1189-1192. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2017.1895.
- PMID 28586819
- Physicians, Firearms, and Free Speech - Overturning Florida's Firearm-Safety Gag Rule.
- Parmet WE1, Smith JA1, Miller M1.
- The New England journal of medicine.N Engl J Med.2017 May 18;376(20):1901-1903. doi: 10.1056/NEJMp1702516. Epub 2017 Apr 12.
- PMID 28402707
- Trumped again: reinstating the global gag rule.
- Hawkes S1, Buse K2.
- BMJ (Clinical research ed.).BMJ.2017 Feb 7;356:j654. doi: 10.1136/bmj.j654.
- PMID 28174159
- 重畳ランダム荷重下におけるアルミニウム合金溶接継手の疲労寿命推定 : 2次元レインフロウ法の適用
- gag law n. A law that limits speech, such as that of public officials. Gag laws have in some cases been ruled unconstitutional for infringing upon freedoms granted by the First Amendment. Thesaurus Antonyms Related Words Synonyms ...
- Now the government has hit back with legislation, dubbed the “gag law” by critics, that seeks to limit protests by laying out strict guidelines on when and where they can take place and penalising offenders with steep fines. ...