- stimulating interest and discussion; "an exciting novel"
- creating or arousing excitement; "an exciting account of her trip"
- drive out or away by or as if by fire; "The soldiers were fired"; "Surrender fires the cold skepticism"
- the process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke; "fire was one of our ancestors first discoveries" (同)flame, flaming
- bake in a kiln so as to harden; "fire pottery"
- fuel that is burning and is used as a means for cooking; "put the kettle on the fire"; "barbecue over an open fire"
- once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- the act of firing weapons or artillery at an enemy; "hold your fire until you can see the whites of their eyes"; "they retreated in the face of withering enemy fire" (同)firing
- a fireplace in which a relatively small fire is burning; "they sat by the fire and talked"
- intense adverse criticism; "Clinton directed his fire at the Republican Party"; "the government has come under attack"; "dont give me any flak" (同)attack, flak, flack, blast
- a severe trial; "he went through fire and damnation"
- the event of something burning (often destructive); "they lost everything in the fire"
- cause to go off; "fire a gun"; "fire a bullet" (同)discharge
- go off or discharge; "The gun fired" (同)discharge, go_off
- produce a magnetic field in; "excite the neurons"
- raise to a higher energy level; "excite the atoms" (同)energize, energise
- arouse or elicit a feeling
- the state of being emotionally aroused and worked up; "his face was flushed with excitement and his hands trembled"; "he tried to calm those who were in a state of extreme inflammation" (同)excitation, inflammation, fervor, fervour
- something that causes irritation and annoyance; "hes a thorn in my flesh" (同)thorn
- the neural or electrical arousal of an organ or muscle or gland (同)innervation, irritation
- something that agitates and arouses; "he looked forward to the excitements of the day" (同)excitement
- in an exciting manner; "at the time of its appearance, the movie must have seemed excitingly new, even revolutionary"
- in an unexciting manner; "this painting was nothing more but an unexcitingly grey canvas with a few red speckles"
- not exciting; "an unexciting novel"; "lived an unexciting life"
- 『火』,炎 / 〈C〉『燃えているもの』,炉火,たき火 / 〈C〉〈U〉『火事』,火災 / 〈U〉(火のような)熱情,情熱 / 〈U〉(鉄砲などの)発射,射撃,砲火 / 〈炉など〉‘に'『燃料をくべる』,‘の'火をたく《+『up』+『名,』+『名』+『up』》 / …‘に'『火を付ける』,‘を'燃やす / 〈陶器など〉‘を'焼く,焼いて作る / (…に向けて)〈銃砲など〉‘を'撃つ,〈弾丸・ロケットなど〉‘を'発射する《+『off』+『名』(+『名』+『off』)+『at』+『名』》 / (…で)〈感情など〉‘を'燃え立たせる,〈人〉‘を'興奮させる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 《話》(…)〈石・ボールなど〉‘を'投げつける,〈質問・批評など〉‘を'浴びせる《+『名』+『at』+『名』》 / 《話》(…から)〈人〉‘を'首にする,解雇する(dismiss)《+『名』+『from』+『名』》 / (…に向かって)〈人が〉『発砲する』,〈銃などが〉発射される《+『名』+『at(into,on,upon』)+『名』》
- 〈人〉‘を'『興奮させる』 / 〈物事が〉〈ある感情・興味など〉‘を'『起こさせる』 / 〈体の器官〉‘を'刺激する
- 〈U〉『興奮』,動揺 / 〈C〉興奮させるもの(事),刺激物
- 刺激する,興奮させる / 刺激物,刺激剤
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Tissue engineered bulking agent with adipose-derived stem cells and silk fibroin microspheres for the treatment of intrinsic urethral sphincter deficiency.
- Shi LB1, Cai HX1, Chen LK2, Wu Y3, Zhu SA3, Gong XN4, Xia YX1, Ouyang HW5, Zou XH6.Author information 1Department of Gynecology, the First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310003, PR China.2Zhejiang Xinyue Biotechnology Co. Ltd., Hangzhou, Zhejiang 311121, PR China.3Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, PR China.4Center for Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, PR China.5Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, PR China; Center for Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, PR China.6Department of Gynecology, the First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310003, PR China; Collaborative Innovation Center for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310003, PR China. Electronic address: email@example.com.AbstractIn this study we developed a tissue engineered bulking agent that consisted of adipose-derived stem cells (ADSCs) and silk fibroin microspheres to treat stress urinary incontinence caused by severe intrinsic sphincter deficiency (ISD). ISD models were established by completely transection of the bilateral pudendal nerve (PNT) and confirmed by the decreased leak-point pressure (LPP) and increased lumen area of urethra. Injection of silk fibroin microspheres could recover LPP and lumen area at 4 weeks but its efficacy disappears at 8, 12 weeks. Moreover, it was exciting to find that tissue engineered bulking agent brought long-term efficacy (at 4, 8, 12 weeks post-injection) on the recovery of LPP and lumen area. Concomitantly with the function, tissue engineered bulking agent treated group also improved the urethral sphincter structure as exhibited by better tissue regeneration. The findings showed that silk fibroin microspheres alone could work effectively in short-term, while tissue engineered bulking agent that combined silk fibroin microspheres with ADSCs exhibited promising long-term efficacy. This study developed a new strategy of tissue engineered bulking agent for future ISD therapy.
- Biomaterials.Biomaterials.2014 Feb;35(5):1519-30. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2013.11.025. Epub 2013 Nov 22.
- In this study we developed a tissue engineered bulking agent that consisted of adipose-derived stem cells (ADSCs) and silk fibroin microspheres to treat stress urinary incontinence caused by severe intrinsic sphincter deficiency (ISD). ISD models were established by completely transection of the bil
- PMID 24275524
- Looking at nuclear receptors from a new angle.
- Helsen C, Claessens F.Author information Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, KU Leuven, O&N1, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium.AbstractWhile the structures of the DNA- and ligand-binding domains of many nuclear receptors have been determined in great detail; the mechanisms by which these domains interact and possibly 'communicate' is still under debate. The first crystal structures of receptor dimers bound to ligand, DNA and coactivator peptides provided new insights in this matter. The observed binding modes revealed exciting new interaction surfaces between the different nuclear receptor domains. Such interfaces are proposed to be the route through which allosteric signals from the DNA are passed on to the ligand-binding domain and the activating functions of the receptor. The structural determinations of DNA-bound receptor dimers in solution, however, revealed an extended structure of the receptors. Here, we discuss these apparent contradictory structural data and their possible implications for the functioning of nuclear receptors.
- Molecular and cellular endocrinology.Mol Cell Endocrinol.2014 Jan 25;382(1):97-106. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2013.09.009. Epub 2013 Sep 18.
- While the structures of the DNA- and ligand-binding domains of many nuclear receptors have been determined in great detail; the mechanisms by which these domains interact and possibly 'communicate' is still under debate. The first crystal structures of receptor dimers bound to ligand, DNA and coacti
- PMID 24055275
- Isolation of single mammalian cells from adherent cultures by fluidic force microscopy.
- Guillaume-Gentil O, Zambelli T, Vorholt JA.Author information ETH Zurich, Institute of Microbiology, Wolfgang-Pauli-Strasse 10, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland. firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractThe physical separation of individual cells from cell populations for single-cell analysis and proliferation is of wide interest in biology and medicine. Today, single-cell isolation is routinely applied to non-adherent cells, though its application to cells grown on a substrate remains challenging. In this report, a versatile approach for isolating single HeLa cells directly from their culture dish is presented. Fluidic force microscopy is first used to detach the targeted cell(s) via the tunable delivery of trypsin, thereby achieving cellular detachment with single-cell resolution. The cell is then trapped by the microfluidic probe via gentle aspiration, displaced with micrometric precision and either transferred onto a new substrate or deposited into a microwell. An optimised non-fouling coating ensures fully reversible cell capture and the potential for serial isolation of multiple cells with 100% successful transfer rate (n = 130) and a survival rate of greater than 95%. By providing an efficient means for isolating targeted adherent cells, the described approach offers exciting possibilities for biomedical research.
- Lab on a chip.Lab Chip.2014 Jan 21;14(2):402-14. doi: 10.1039/c3lc51174j. Epub 2013 Nov 25.
- The physical separation of individual cells from cell populations for single-cell analysis and proliferation is of wide interest in biology and medicine. Today, single-cell isolation is routinely applied to non-adherent cells, though its application to cells grown on a substrate remains challenging.
- PMID 24270585
- Observation of strong nano-effect via tuning distributed architecture of graphene oxide in poly(propylene carbonate).
- Gao J, Bai H, Zhou X, Yang G, Xu C, Zhang Q, Chen F, Fu Q.Author information College of Polymer Science and Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Polymer Materials Engineering, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610065, People's Republic of China.AbstractFor optimum reinforcement in polymer nanocomposite, a critical challenge is to realize the full 'nano-effect' of nanofillers at a high content, which is largely hindered by the strong tendency to aggregation of nanofillers. Here, by using a solvent-exchange and solution casting approach, we could incorporate a high-content graphene oxide (GO) into a soft biodegradable CO2-based poly(propylene carbonate) (PPC) up to 20 wt% with excellent dispersion. Based on this, the distributed architecture of GO could be tuned from a 'GO dotted dispersion' and 'GO network' to strong 'GO co-continuous structure' with increasing GO content. As a result, a very strong 'nano-effect' of GO in the PPC matrix was observed: (1) the glass transition temperature of PPC was improved from 25 to 45 ° C for slightly confined molecular chains, and even to 100 ° C for highly confined ones; (2) the modified PPC showed drastically enhanced high-temperature mechanical properties, comparable to those of traditional polymers such as polypropylene (PP) and biopolymer poly(lactic acid) (PLA); and (3) such modified PPC exhibited an exciting solvent resistance compared to neat PPC. Our work provides an example to improve the high-temperature properties of a polymer via formation of filler co-continuous structure.
- Nanotechnology.Nanotechnology.2014 Jan 17;25(2):025702. doi: 10.1088/0957-4484/25/2/025702. Epub 2013 Dec 12.
- For optimum reinforcement in polymer nanocomposite, a critical challenge is to realize the full 'nano-effect' of nanofillers at a high content, which is largely hindered by the strong tendency to aggregation of nanofillers. Here, by using a solvent-exchange and solution casting approach, we could in
- PMID 24334528
- 磁気浮上型フィンを利用した振動型混合装置 : フィン加振機構の改良と水中攪拌フィンの減衰係数の同定
- High-Speed Focus Scanning by an Acoustic Variable-Focus Liquid Lens
- Koyama Daisuke,Isago Ryoichi,Nakamura Kentaro
- Jpn J Appl Phys 50(7), 07HE26-07HE26-5, 2011-07-25
- … By exciting with an amplitude modulation (AM) signal, the vibration on the oil--water interface synchronized with the modulation wave was generated. …
- NAID 150000057664
- 平尾 公彦,横川 三津夫
- 日本物理學會誌 66(7), 524-528, 2011-07-05
- 計算科学研究機構は,京速コンピュータ「京」の運用機能と計算科学技術の研究開発機能を持つ組織である.「京」の幅広い分野での利用を促進することによって,先進的な研究成果の創出,社会や生活の変革につながるブレークスルーを目指している.来年秋の共用開始に向けて,システムの整備も順調に進んでいる.重点もシステムの開発整備から,京を利用してすぐれた成果をあげるという新しい局面に移りつつある.スパコンは現代の科 …
- NAID 110008686987
- excitingとは。意味や和訳。[形]1 刺激的な，興奮させる；感動的な，わくわくさせる；おもしろいan exciting tripとても楽しい旅行.2 《電気》励磁の；《物理学》励起する.ex・cit・ing・ly[副] - goo英和辞書は14万項目以上を収録し、発音、音声 ...
- プログレッシブ英和中辞典(第4版) - /iksáiti/[形]1 刺激的な, 興奮させる；感動的な, わくわくさせる；おもしろいan exciting trip｜とても楽しい旅行.2 《電気》励磁の；《物理学》励起する.ex・cit・ing・ly[副]
- Synonyms for exciting at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day. ... Relevance ranks synonyms and suggests the best matches based on how closely a synonym’s ...
- agonist、agonistic、exciting、irritant chemical、irritants、stimulant、stimulating、stimulating agent