- to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet" (同)emphasize, emphasise, punctuate, accent, accentuate
- special emphasis attached to something; "the stress was more on accuracy than on speed" (同)focus
- difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension; "she endured the stresses and strains of life"; "he presided over the economy during the period of the greatest stress and danger"- R.J.Samuelson (同)strain
- (physics) force that produces strain on a physical body; "the intensity of stress is expressed in units of force divided by units of area"
- the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch); "he put the stress on the wrong syllable" (同)emphasis, accent
- put stress on; utter with an accent; "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word" (同)accent, accentuate
- the most interesting or memorable part; "the highlight of the tour was our visit to the Vatican" (同)high_spot
- apply a highlighter to ones cheeks or eyebrows in order to make them more prominent; "highlight the area above your eyebrows"
- an area of lightness in a picture (同)highlighting
- special importance or significance; "the red light gave the central figure increased emphasis"; "the room was decorated in shades of grey with distinctive red accents" (同)accent
- special and significant stress by means of position or repetition e.g.
- be emphatic or resolute and refuse to budge; "I must insist!" (同)take a firm stand
- assert to be true; "The letter asserts a free society" (同)assert
- give extra weight to (a communication); "Her gesture emphasized her words" (同)underline, emphasize, emphasise
- a line drawn underneath (especially under written matter) (同)underline
- place special or excessive emphasis on; "I cannot overemphasize the importance of this book" (同)overemphasise, overstress
- reduce the emphasis (同)de-emphasise, destress
- the act of giving special importance or significance to something (同)accenting, accentuation
- 〈U〉〈C〉(精神的・感情的な)『緊張』,ストレス / 〈U〉(…に対する)『強調』,力説《+on+名》 / 〈C〉〈U〉『強勢』,アクセント / 〈U〉(一般に)『圧迫』,圧力 / …‘を'『強調する』,力説する / 〈音節・語〉‘に'強勢(アクセント)を置く / 《まれ》（に）圧力をかける
- (絵画・写真などの)最も明るい部分,ハイライト / (事件・勝負・ニュースなどの)最も目立つ部長,最高潮の場面,呼び物 / 〈絵画・写真などの部分〉‘に'ハイライトを置く,…‘を'最も明るくする / …‘を'強調する
- (…に対する)『強調』,重要視《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》 / (音節・語・句などに置く)強勢,強調
- …‘と'『強く要求する』 / …‘と'『主張する』 / 強く要求する《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』(a person['s]do『ing』)》 / (…を)『主張する』《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Clinical features, anger management and anxiety: a possible correlation in migraine children.
- Tarantino S, De Ranieri C, Dionisi C, Citti M, Capuano A, Galli F, Guidetti V, Vigevano F, Gentile S, Presaghi F, Valeriani M.SourceDivision of Neurology, Headache Centre, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesú, IRCCS, Rome, Italy.
- The journal of headache and pain.J Headache Pain.2013 Dec;14(1):39.
- BACKGROUND: Psychological factors can increase severity and intensity of headaches. While great attention has been placed on the presence of anxiety and/or depression as a correlate to a high frequency of migraine attacks, very few studies have analyzed the management of frustration in children with
- PMID 23651123
- Maternal slaughter at abattoirs: history, causes, cases and the meat industry.
- Fayemi PO, Muchenje V.SourceDepartment of Livestock and Pasture Science, University of Forte Hare, Private Bag X1314, Alice, Eastern Cape, 5700 South Africa.
- SpringerPlus.Springerplus.2013 Dec;2(1):125. Epub 2013 Mar 22.
- Animals of both sexes are slaughtered for meat and meat products at the abattoirs. It has been found in few countries that one-out-of-every-three ewe and one-out-of-every-four doe with single, twin or multiple foetuses are slaughtered in registered slaughterhouses. In quest for meat, numerous viable
- PMID 23577300
- Influence of exopolysaccharides on the electrophoretic properties of the model cyanobacterium Synechocystis.
- Planchon M, Jittawuttipoka T, Cassier-Chauvat C, Guyot F, Chauvat F, Spalla O.SourceCEA Saclay, DSM/IRAMIS/SIS2M/LIONS, UMR CEA-CNRS 3299, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France; Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, IPGP, UMR CNRS 7154, Paris, France.
- Colloids and surfaces. B, Biointerfaces.Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces.2013 Oct 1;110:171-7. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2013.03.057. Epub 2013 Apr 25.
- The influence of extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) on cell electrokinetics was investigated in the model cyanobacterium Synechocystis, in wild-type strains and in ten EPS-depleted mutants. The charge density and the softness of the EPS polyelectrolyte layer were calculated from the dependence
- PMID 23711788
- 近代日本の台湾原住民に関する 二元的思考の提起 ―宇野浩二「揺籃の唄の思ひ出」を例にして―
- 簡 中昊,Chunghao CHIEN,チン チュンハオ
- 総研大文化科学研究 = Sokendai review of cultural and social studies (11), 71-84, 2015-03-31
- … Using the lullaby, Uno wanted to emphasize the value of love.
Pairing off binaries such as "civilized/barbarian" and "male/female" is the predominant interpretation of dualistic thinking featured in previous colonial research, but in Yurikago no uta gender consciousness is not expressed by the oppositional terms "civilized/barbarian"; …
- NAID 120005598105
- 寺地 功次,Koji Terachi
- 共立国際研究 : 共立女子大学国際学部紀要 = The Kyoritsu journal of international studies 32, 71-109, 2015-03
- … At the same time, the U.S. encouraged Thai-Lao military planning, helped Laos to receive helicopters from Thailand and contributed to creating an air force in Laos.All in all, U.S. decision-making regarding assistance to Laos after Geneva was a more systematic and organized process than the past studies on Laos often suggest, which tend to emphasize policy differences and the haphazard way of decision-making within the Eisenhower administration. …
- NAID 120005604937
- Strategic Management Accounting and Feed-forward Management: with Reference to the Unified Management of Profit Opportunity and Risk
- 西村 明
- Global Management (3・4), 4-19, 2015-03
- … This paper aims toreexamine strategic management accouning in relation to profit opportunity and risk from the viewpoint of feed-forward management , as few studies to date have discuued the relations between management accounting and the unified management of profit opportunity and risk.Many studies have been conducted that emphasize non-fine information and feedback organizational management in an attept to make traditional management accounting relevant to practical strategic needs. …
- NAID 120005601873
- accent、accentuate、accentuation、emphasis、emphasize、highlight、power point、strain、tone、tonus、underscore