- facing or experiencing financial trouble or difficulty; "distressed companies need loans and technical advice"; "financially hard-pressed Mexican hotels are lowering their prices"; "we were hard put to meet the mortgage payment"; "found themselves in a bad way financially" (同)hard-pressed, hard put, in a bad way
- cause mental pain to; "The news of her childs illness distressed the mother"
- a state of adversity (danger or affliction or need); "a ship in distress"; "she was the classic maiden in distress"
- extreme physical pain; "the patient appeared to be in distress"
- the seizure and holding of property as security for payment of a debt or satisfaction of a claim; "Originally distress was a landlords remedy against a tenant for unpaid rents or property damage but now the landlord is given a landlords lien" (同)distraint
- psychological suffering; "the death of his wife caused him great distress" (同)hurt, suffering
- 〈U〉(肉体的・精神的な)『激しい苦しみ』,苦痛,苦悩,非嘆 / 《a~》(…にとっての)悩みの種《+『to』+『名』》 / 〈U〉『貧苦』,窮乏 / 〈U〉『危険状態』,難儀 / (精神的・肉体的に)〈人〉‘を'『苦しめる』,苦悩させる
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Health services utilization of women following a traumatic birth.
- Turkstra E1,2, Creedy DK3, Fenwick J4, Buist A5, Scuffham PA6,7, Gamble J8.
- Archives of women's mental health.Arch Womens Ment Health.2015 Dec;18(6):829-32. doi: 10.1007/s00737-014-0495-7. Epub 2015 Jan 11.
- This cohort study compared 262 women with high childbirth distress to 138 non-distressed women. At 12 months, high distress women had lower health-related quality of life compared to non-distressed women (EuroQol five-dimensional (EQ-5D) scale 0.90 vs. 0.93, p = 0.008), more visits to general p
- PMID 25577338
- Exploring the autonomic correlates of personality.
- Shepherd D1, Mulgrew J2, Hautus MJ3.
- Autonomic neuroscience : basic & clinical.Auton Neurosci.2015 Dec;193:127-31. doi: 10.1016/j.autneu.2015.05.004. Epub 2015 May 22.
- The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between personality and resting heart rate variability (HRV) indices. Healthy volunteers (n=106) completed a 240-item Big Five personality inventory, the state/Trait Anxiety inventory, and a ten minute electrocardiographic recording. Time and
- PMID 26026396
- Does Classification of Chronic Musculoskeletal Disorder Patients Into Psychosocial Subgroups Predict Differential Treatment Responsiveness and 1-Year Outcomes After a Functional Restoration Program?
- Asih S1, Mayer TG, Williams M, Choi YH, Gatchel RJ.
- The Clinical journal of pain.Clin J Pain.2015 Dec;31(12):1036-45. doi: 10.1097/AJP.0000000000000216.
- OBJECTIVES: The objectives of this study: (1) to assess whether Multidimensional Pain Inventory (MPI) profiles predicted differential responses to a functional restoration program (FRP) in chronic disabling occupational musculoskeletal disorder (CDOMD) patients; (2) to examine whether coping style i
- PMID 25621427
- Expectations and limitations due to brachial plexus injury: a qualitative study.
- Mancuso CA1, Lee SK2, Dy CJ3, Landers ZA4, Model Z3, Wolfe SW2.
- Hand (New York, N.Y.).Hand (N Y).2015 Dec;10(4):741-9. doi: 10.1007/s11552-015-9761-z. Epub 2015 May 1.
- PURPOSE: This study described physical and psychosocial limitations associated with adult brachial plexus injuries (BPI) and patients' expectations of BPI surgery.METHODS: During in-person interviews, preoperative patients were asked about expectations of surgery and preoperative and postoperative p
- PMID 26568734
- アメリカの自治体における荒廃建築物改善処理に関する法的問題 : まちづくり,都市計画への展開
- Investigation of failure of a rigid retaining wall with relief shelves
- Japanese Geotechnical Society Special Publication 2(73), 2492-2497, 2016
- NAID 130005124313
- Forensic investigation of earthquake induced failures during Sikkim 2011 earthquake, India
- Japanese Geotechnical Society Special Publication 2(3), 201-206, 2016
- NAID 130005123995
- distressedとは。意味や和訳。[形]1 （…で）悩んで[苦しんで，悲しんで]いる；心配した((about ...))；((形式))（経済的に）困窮しているa distressed region不況地帯be distressed with debts借金で首が回らないHe was distressed to hear ...
- Vulture funds are investment firms that buy securities of distressed companies and overleveraged countries. After years of double-digit gains, college endowments are feeling the pinch from distressed financial markets. Many private ...
- Neglected by Congress below; pinched with every want here; distressed with the small-pox; want of Generals and discipline in our Army — which may rather be called a great rabble — our late unhappy retreat from Quebeck, and loss ...