- intended or appropriate for defending against or deterring aggression or attack; "defensive weapons"; "a defensive stance"
- an attitude of defensiveness (especially in the phrase `on the defensive' (同)defensive attitude
- attempting to justify or defend in speech or writing (同)justificative, justificatory
- protection from harm; "sanitation is the best defense against disease" (同)defence
- the act of defending someone or something against attack or injury; "a good boxer needs a good defense"; "defense against hurricanes is an urgent problem" (同)defence
- (military) military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies; "they died in the defense of Stalingrad"; "they were developed for the defense program" (同)defence, defensive measure
- a defendants answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him; "he gave evidence for the defense" (同)defence, denial, demurrer
- (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring; "his teams are always good on defense" (同)defence, defending team
- an organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack; "he joined the defense against invasion" (同)defence, defense force, defence force
- the defendant and his legal advisors collectively; "the defense called for a mistrial" (同)defence, defense team, defense lawyers
- the justification for some act or belief; "he offered a persuasive defense of the theory" (同)defence, vindication
- having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
- characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone" (同)belligerent
- tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor" (同)fast-growing, strong-growing
- be on the defensive; act against an attack
- protect against a challenge or attack; "Hold that position behind the trees!"; "Hold the bridge against the enemys attacks" (同)guard, hold
- be the defense counsel for someone in a trial; "Ms. Smith will represent the defendant" (同)represent
- argue or speak in defense of; "She supported the motion to strike" (同)support, fend for
- in an apologetic and defensive manner; "`I felt it better you should know, said Sir Cedric defensively"
- in a defensive manner; "the general conviction that our side is in the right and acting defensively over what Russians call the German question and Americans the Berlin crisis"
- excessive sensitivity to criticism; "his defensiveness was manifested in hurt silence"; "the fear of being sued for malpractice has magnified physicians defensiveness"
- a structure used to defend against attack; "the artillery battered down the defenses" (同)defense, defence
- 防御の,守備の / 弁護の / 防御,守勢
- 侵略的な,攻撃的な / 積極的な,反対を恐れない
- (…から)…'を'『守る』,保護する《+『名』+『against』(『from』)+『名』(do『ing』)》 / (言論などで)…'を'『擁護する』,支持する / (法廷で)〈被告〉'を'『弁護する』 / 防御する,身を守る
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- To Communicate or Not to Communicate: Factors Predicting Passengers' Intentions to Ask a Driver to Stop Text Messaging While Driving.
- Wang X1.
- Health communication.Health Commun.2016 May;31(5):617-25. doi: 10.1080/10410236.2014.981666. Epub 2015 Oct 9.
- Interpersonal communication is important in health campaigns. This research examined factors that are associated with passengers' intentions to communicate no texting with a texting driver in a scenario where the driver is their friend. Based on survey data collected from 546 college students, resul
- PMID 26452401
- Neuroethological validation of an experimental apparatus to evaluate oriented and non-oriented escape behaviours: Comparison between the polygonal arena with a burrow and the circular enclosure of an open-field test.
- Biagioni AF1, Anjos-Garcia TD2, Ullah F2, Fisher IR2, Falconi-Sobrinho LL2, Freitas RL3, Felippotti TT1, Coimbra NC4.
- Behavioural brain research.Behav Brain Res.2016 Feb 1;298(Pt B):65-77. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2015.10.059. Epub 2015 Nov 3.
- Inhibition of GABAergic neural inputs to dorsal columns of the periaqueductal grey matter (dPAG), posterior (PH) and dorsomedial (DMH) hypothalamic nuclei elicits distinct types of escape behavioural reactions. To differentiate between the variety and intensity of panic-related behaviours, the patte
- PMID 26545831
- PMID 25908497
- Opiorphin causes a panicolytic-like effect in rat panic models mediated by μ-opioid receptors in the dorsal periaqueductal gray.
- Maraschin JC1, Rangel MP2, Bonfim AJ2, Kitayama M2, Graeff FG3, Zangrossi H Jr4, Audi EA5.
- Neuropharmacology.Neuropharmacology.2016 Feb;101:264-70. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2015.09.008. Epub 2015 Sep 10.
- Reported evidence indicates that endogenous opioid peptides regulate the expression of escape behavior in rats, a panic-related defensive response, through μ-opioid receptors (MORs) in the dorsal periaqueductal gray (dPAG). These peptides are rapidly catabolized by degrading enzymes, including neut
- PMID 26363194
- 短期型チーム作りにおける戦術モデルを使用したチーム戦術の構築について(高成廈教授・寺木伸明教授 退任記念号)
- 認知的方略尺度の作成および信頼性・妥当性の検討 : 熟考の細分化を目指して
- defensiveとは。意味や和訳。[形]1 防御に役立つ, 防御的な, 防備用の, 防戦の, 抗戦のための, 守備（側）の, 自衛の（⇔offensive）defensive lines守備陣地.2 〈言葉・態度などが〉守勢の, 受け太刀の.3 自己防衛過剰の.4 〈株式が ...
- Medical Definition of DEFENSIVE 1: serving to defend or protect (as the ego) <face-saving is a common defensive reaction—Psychology Today> 2: devoted to ... Learn More About DEFENSIVE Thesaurus: All synonyms and ...
- de·fen·sive (d-f n s v) adj. 1. Intended or appropriate for defending; protective. 2. a. Intended to withstand or deter aggression or attack: a defensive weapons system; defensive behavior. b. Of or relating to the effort to prevent an ...