- cover with or as with a cowl; "cowl the boys and veil the girls"
- a loose hood or hooded robe (as worn by a monk)
- frown with displeasure
- a tuft of hair that grows in a different direction from the rest of the hair and usually will not lie flat
- tuberous perennial having a cowl-shaped maroon or violet-black spathe; Mediterranean; Canaries; Azores (同)Arisarum vulgare
- shaped like a cowl
- female of domestic cattle: "`moo-cow is a childs term" (同)moo-cow
- mature female of mammals of which the male is called `bull
- a large unpleasant woman
- having the head enclosed in a cowl or hood; "a cowled monk"
- (修道僧の着る)ずきん付き外衣;(僧衣についた)ずきん,僧帽 / (換気筒の)通風帽 / =cowling
- 顔をしかめる,怒った(不きげんな)顔をする;(…を)にらむ《+『at』(『on』)+『名』》 / …‘を'顔をしかめて表す(言う) / しかめっつら,仏頂づら
- 『雌牛』,乳牛 / (鯨・象・サイなどの)雌
- Organ donation after cardiac death in children: acceptance of a protocol by multidisciplinary staff.
- Cowl AS, Cummings BM, Yager PH, Miller B, Noviski N.SourceAllison S. Cowl is a pediatric intensivist at Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford. Brian M. Cummings, Phoebe H. Yager, and Natan Noviski are pediatric intensivists and Brenda Miller is a nurse manager in the Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, Boston, Massachusetts.
- American journal of critical care : an official publication, American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.Am J Crit Care.2012 Sep;21(5):322-7.
- Background Organ donation after cardiac death is increasingly implemented, with outcomes similar to those of organ donation after brain death. Many hospitals hesitate to implement a protocol for donation after cardiac death because of the potential negative reactions among health care providers. Ob
- PMID 22941705
- Impact of direct-to-consumer predictive genomic testing on risk perception and worry among patients receiving routine care in a preventive health clinic.
- James KM, Cowl CT, Tilburt JC, Sinicrope PS, Robinson ME, Frimannsdottir KR, Tiedje K, Koenig BA.SourceBiomedical Ethics Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA.
- Mayo Clinic proceedings. Mayo Clinic.Mayo Clin Proc.2011 Oct;86(10):933-40.
- OBJECTIVE: To assess the impact of direct-to-consumer (DTC) predictive genomic risk information on perceived risk and worry in the context of routine clinical care.PATIENTS AND METHODS: Patients attending a preventive medicine clinic between June 1 and December 18, 2009, were randomly assigned to re
- PMID 21964170
- Spirometry in the occupational health setting--2011 update.
- Townsend MC; Occupational and Environmental Lung Disorders Committee.Collaborators (15)Townsend M, Eschenbacher W, Beckett W, Bohnker B, Brodkin C, Cowl C, Guidotti T, Jolly A, Litow F, Lockey J, Petsonk E, Raymond L, Scanlon P, Truncale T, Wintermeyer S.
- Journal of occupational and environmental medicine / American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.J Occup Environ Med.2011 May;53(5):569-84.
- PMID 21555926
- 長坂 明彦,竹把 悠,松原 達郎,山本 紘太
- 長野工業高等専門学校紀要 = Memoirs of Nagano National College of Technology 46, 2-1, 2012-06-30
- NAID 120004856805
- 1418 集風塔型風車のカウル形状に関する研究(OS14-4 再生可能流体エネルギー,オーガナイズドセッション)
- 田川 隆昌,高松 恭兵,松村 昌典,佐藤 敏則
- 流体工学部門講演会講演論文集 2010, 425-426, 2010-10-29
- … The purpose of this study is to understand the optimum cowl shape for the accelerate ratio of wind speed. … Several type of cowl shape were used for this experiment, e.g. expansion cowl, contraction cowl, double structure composed of inner cowl and outer cowl and single structure. …
- NAID 110008739615
- 二輪車ライダー周り流れのCFD解析(バイオ・マイクロ・スポーツの流れ スポーツ流体,一般講演)
- 高橋 易資,倉川 幸紀,杉田 治臣,石間 経章,小保方 富夫
- 日本流体力学会年会講演論文集 2009, 266, 2009-09-02
- … There are many airflow paths in a motorcycle with a cowl and a windscreen; …
- NAID 110008459913
- 燃焼器カウル部流れの数値解析 : 重合格子法適用の妥当性と形状の最適設計
- 三宅 慶明,牧田 光正,中村 直紀
- 日本ガスタービン学会誌 37(2), 104-110, 2009-03-20
- … The complex flow field in a combustor cowl region is analyzed numerically by using the Overset Grid Method. …
- NAID 110007131501
- Cowl definition, a hooded garment worn by monks. See more. Dictionary.com Word of the Day Translate Games Blog Thesaurus.com Apps Favorites Log Out Log In follow Dictionary.com Dictionary.com Thesaurus.com Log Out ...
- :a loose piece of clothing with a hood that a monk wears over other clothes; also: the hood itself: a covering for a chimney that controls the way smoke flows out ... Seen and Heard What made you want to look up cowl? Please tell ...
- cowl (koul) n. 1. a. The hood or hooded robe worn especially by a monk. b. A cowl neck. 2. A hood-shaped covering used to increase the draft of a chimney. 3. The top portion of the front part of an automobile body, supporting the ...