- breed of medium-sized dogs with a thick coat and fluffy curled tails and distinctive blue-black tongues; believed to have originated in northern China (同)chow chow
- informal terms for a meal (同)chuck, eats, grub
- a small sphere
- a Chinese preserve of mixed fruits and ginger
- chopped pickles in mustard sauce
- a chowder made with clams and tomatoes and other vegetables and seasonings
- chop suey served with fried noodles
- (指で丸めたような)小球;小粒 / (空気銃の)小弾丸 / 丸薬,錠剤
- The short- and long-term effects of orally administered high-dose reduced graphene oxide nanosheets on mouse behaviors.
- Zhang D1, Zhang Z1, Liu Y1, Chu M2, Yang C1, Li W1, Shao Y1, Yue Y1, Xu R1.
- Biomaterials.Biomaterials.2015 Nov;68:100-13. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2015.07.060. Epub 2015 Aug 1.
- Reduced graphene oxide (rGO), a carbon-based nanomaterial, has enormous potential in biomedical research, including in vivo cancer therapeutics. Concerns over the toxicity remain outstanding and must be investigated before clinical application. The effect of rGO exposure on animal behaviors, such a
- PMID 26276695
- Examining the contextual and temporal stability of perceptions of emotional utility.
- Chow PI1, Berenbaum H, Flores LE Jr.
- Cognition & emotion.Cogn Emot.2015 Nov;29(7):1224-38. doi: 10.1080/02699931.2014.975678. Epub 2014 Nov 7.
- The present research examined the degree to which perceptions of emotional utility are stable across contexts and over time. Self-reported perceptions of emotional utility and actual experience of emotion were measured in two samples of college students. In Study 1, participants were presented with
- PMID 25379812
- Wheel running decreases palatable diet preference in Sprague-Dawley rats.
- Moody L1, Liang J1, Choi PP1, Moran TH1, Liang NC2.
- Physiology & behavior.Physiol Behav.2015 Oct 15;150:53-63. doi: 10.1016/j.physbeh.2015.03.019. Epub 2015 Mar 16.
- Physical activity has beneficial effects on not only improving some disease conditions but also by preventing the development of multiple disorders. Experiments in this study examined the effects of wheel running on intakes of chow and palatable diet e.g. high fat (HF) or high sucrose (HS) diet in m
- PMID 25791204
- Metabolic consequences of chronic intermittent mild stress exposure.
- Thompson AK1, Fourman S1, Packard AE1, Egan AE1, Ryan KK2, Ulrich-Lai YM3.
- Physiology & behavior.Physiol Behav.2015 Oct 15;150:24-30. doi: 10.1016/j.physbeh.2015.02.038. Epub 2015 Feb 21.
- Chronic stress in humans has divergent effects on food intake, with some individuals reporting increased vs. decreased food intake during stress. This divergence may depend in part on stress intensity, with higher-intensity stressors preferentially promoting anorexia. Consistent with this idea, rode
- PMID 25711718
- Comparative performance evaluation of lateral and vertical GaN high-voltage power field-effect transistors
- Guo Zhibo,Hitchcock Collin,Chow Tat-Sing Paul
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 58(SC), SCCD09-SCCD09, 2019-05-14
- NAID 210000155996
- Evaluation from otolith Sr stable isotope ratios of possible juvenile growth areas of Japanese eels collected from the West Mariana Ridge spawning area
- Otake Tsuguo,Amano Yosuke,Shirai Kotaro,Mochioka Noritaka,Takahashi Toshiro,Chow Seinen,Kurogi Hiroaki,Dou Shouzeng,Yamaguchi Asuka,Tsukamoto Katsumi
- Fisheries science 85(3), 483-493, 2019-05
- NAID 40021882589
- Functional adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel is required in high-carbohydrate diet-induced increase in β-cell mass
- Murase Masatoshi,Seino Yusuke,Maekawa Ryuya,Iida Atsushi,Hosokawa Kaori,Hayami Tomohide,Tsunekawa Shin,Hamada Yoji,Yokoi Norihide,Seino Susumu,Hayashi Yoshitaka,Arima Hiroshi
- Journal of Diabetes Investigation 10(2), 238-250, 2019-03
- … Materials and Methods Both wild-type (WT) mice and adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel-deficient (Kir6.2KO) mice were fed normal chow or high-starch (ST) diets for 22 weeks. … BCM, the number of islets and the expression levels of cyclinD2 messenger ribonucleic acid were increased in WT mice fed ST compared with those in WT mice fed normal chow. …
- NAID 120006599162
- Recipes, cooking techniques, and news, updated daily. Chow.com - devoted to the pleasure of food and drink. ... A cookout crowd-pleaser, this cornbread is so easy to make and such a great mop for chili, baked beans, or pulled ...
- Search thousands of recipes from our expert, award-winning test kitchen and community with easy to follow directions, pictures, and ratings from foodies. ... Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork 1465 Saves Easy Apple Crisp
- From quick tips to recipe demos to a celebrity chef's favorite dish, CHOW is your best source for all things food. Subscribe to CHOW to stay up-to-date on al...
- Virchow node