- engrave or inscribe characters on
- good repute; "he is a man of character"
- the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions; "education has for its object the formation of character"- Herbert Spencer (同)fiber, fibre
- (genetics) an attribute (structural or functional) that is determined by a gene or group of genes
- a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case" (同)eccentric, type, case
- a written symbol that is used to represent speech; "the Greek alphabet has 24 characters" (同)grapheme, graphic symbol
- a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the persons qualifications and dependability; "requests for character references are all too often answered evasively" (同)reference, character reference
- an actors portrayal of someone in a play; "she played the part of Desdemona" (同)role, theatrical role, part, persona
- separate and distinct from others of the same group or category; "interested in one particular artist"; "a man who wishes to make a particular woman fall in love with him"
- (logic) a proposition that asserts something about some (but not all) members of a class (同)particular proposition
- a fact about some part (as opposed to general); "he always reasons from the particular to the general" (同)specific
- unique or specific to a person or thing or category; "the particular demands of the job"; "has a particular preference for Chinese art"; "a peculiar bond of sympathy between them"; "an expression peculiar to Canadians"; "rights peculiar to the rich"; "the special features of a computer"; "my own special chair" (同)peculiar, special
- first and most important; "his special interest is music"; "she gets special (or particular) satisfaction from her volunteer work" (同)special
- providing specific details or circumstances; "a particular description of the room"
- an article of merchandise that is displayed or advertised more than other articles
- a prominent attribute or aspect of something; "the map showed roads and other features"; "generosity is one of his best characteristics" (同)characteristic
- a special or prominent article in a newspaper or magazine; "they ran a feature on retirement planning" (同)feature article
- the principal (full-length) film in a program at a movie theater; "the feature tonight is `Casablanca" (同)feature film
- the characteristic parts of a persons face: eyes and nose and mouth and chin; "an expression of pleasure crossed his features"; "his lineaments were very regular" (同)lineament
- the complex of emotional and intellectual attributes that determine a persons characteristic actions and reactions; "it is his nature to help others"
- the essential qualities or characteristics by which something is recognized; "it is the nature of fire to burn"; "the true nature of jealousy"
- a causal agent creating and controlling things in the universe; "the laws of nature"; "nature has seen to it that men are stronger than women"
- a particular type of thing; "problems of this type are very difficult to solve"; "hes interested in trains and things of that nature"; "matters of a personal nature"
- the natural physical world including plants and animals and landscapes etc.; "they tried to preserve nature as they found it"
- write about; "The author of this article profiles a famous painter"
- a vertical section of the Earths crust showing the different horizons or layers
- an analysis (often in graphical form) representing the extent to which something exhibits various characteristics; "a biochemical profile of blood"; "a psychological profile of serial killers"
- an outline of something (especially a human face as seen from one side)
- biographical sketch
- represent in profile, by drawing or painting
- something owned; any tangible or intangible possession that is owned by someone; "that hat is my property"; "he is a man of property"; (同)belongings, holding
- any movable articles or objects used on the set of a play or movie; "before every scene he ran down his checklist of props" (同)prop
- a basic or essential attribute shared by all members of a class; "a study of the physical properties of atomic particles"
- a construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished; "self-confidence is not an endearing property" (同)attribute, dimension
- ASCII characters to indicate carriage return or tab or backspace; typed by depressing a key and the control key at the same time (同)ASCII control character
- an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story); "she is the main character in the novel" (同)fictitious character, character
- 〈U〉〈C〉(人の)『性格』,人格 / 〈C〉(物事が持っている)特質,特性 / 〈C〉《まれ》評判,名声 / 〈C〉《修飾語を伴って》(…の)人物;(小説・劇などの)『登場人物』 / 《話》(一般に)人 / 〈U〉《one's(the)~》(…の)資格,地位,身分《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉《話》変わり者 / 〈C〉(意味を表す)文字,記号,字体
- 《指示形容詞を伴って名詞の前にのみ用いて》(ほかでなく)『特にこの』(『あの』),特定の / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》(特定の人・物などに)『特有の』独特の,独自の / 《名詞の前にのミ用いて》特別の,他と違った / (説明などが)詳細な,精密な / 《補語にのみ用いて》(…について)好みがやかましい,気むずかしい;(…に)きちょうめんな《+『about』(『in, over』(+『名』)do『ing』)》 / 個々の事項,細目,細部 / 《複数形で》(…の)詳細《+『of』+『名』》
- 顔の造作の一つ(目・耳・鼻・口など) / 《複数形で》『容ぼう』,目鼻だち / 『特徴』,特色 / (ラジオ・演芸などの)『呼び物』;(店の)目玉商品;(新聞・雑誌の)特別読み物;(映画の上映番組の中で呼び物の)長編映画 / …‘の'『特色をなす』 / …‘を'特種にする,呼び物にする,目玉商品にする / 〈俳優〉‘を'主演させる / 重要な役割を演ずる
- 〈U〉『自然』,自然界,万物;自然の力;《しばしば『N-』》(擬人化した)自然,自然の女神 / 〈C〉〈U〉(人・動物,あるいは物事の持っている)『本質』,性質,本性 / 〈C〉《単数形で》種類(sort, kind)
- 横顔,ゲロフィール / (彫象などの)側面 / (背景をパックにした)輪郭,外形 / (通例,図やグラフで示す)分折,分ジ違表 / (新物・雑誌などの)人物紹介 / …‘の'横顔を書く / 《受動体で》(…を背景に)…‘の'輪郭を描く《+『名』+『against』+『名』》・犯人像を描く
- 〈U〉《集合的に》『財産』,資産;所有物 / 〈U〉『不動産』・〈U〉〈具体的にはC〉所有地，地所，土地(建物)・[通例複数形で]（演劇）小道具 《劇場では通例 props; 《英》 では衣装も含む》
- …‘の'特性を示す,'を'特色づける,‘の'特徴をなす / (…であると)〈人など〉‘の'特徴を述べる《+『名』+『as』+『形』》
- 性格描写 / 特性(特質)を表すこと,特徴づけ
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Brewing and volatiles analysis of three tea beers indicate a potential interaction between tea components and lager yeast.
- Rong L1, Peng LJ1, Ho CT2, Yan SH3, Meurens M3, Zhang ZZ1, Li DX1, Wan XC1, Bao GH1, Gao XL4, Ling TJ5.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2016 Apr 15;197(Pt A):161-7. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.10.088. Epub 2015 Oct 19.
- Green tea, oolong tea and black tea were separately introduced to brew three kinds of tea beers. A model was designed to investigate the tea beer flavour character. Comparison of the volatiles between the sample of tea beer plus water mixture (TBW) and the sample of combination of tea infusion and n
- PMID 26616936
- Whey protein aerogel as blended with cellulose crystalline particles or loaded with fish oil.
- Ahmadi M1, Madadlou A2, Saboury AA3.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2016 Apr 1;196:1016-22. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.10.031. Epub 2015 Oct 22.
- Whey protein hydrogels blended with nanocrystalline and microcrystalline cellulose particles (NCC and MCC, respectively) were prepared, followed by freeze-drying, to produce aerogels. NCC blending increased the Young's modulus, and elastic character, of the protein aerogel. Aerogels were microporous
- PMID 26593584
- Effect of oil lamination between plasticized starch layers on film properties.
- Basiak E1, Debeaufort F2, Lenart A3.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2016 Mar 15;195:56-63. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.04.098. Epub 2015 Apr 23.
- To reduce the hygroscopic character of biodegradable starch-based films, rapeseed oil was incorporated by lamination (starch-oil-starch 3-layers technique). The lipid lamination followed by starch solution casting step induced an emulsion type structure of dried films. Composite films are more opale
- PMID 26575712
- Antioxidant activity of protocatechuates evaluated by DPPH, ORAC, and CAT methods.
- Grajeda-Iglesias C1, Salas E2, Barouh N3, Baréa B3, Panya A4, Figueroa-Espinoza MC5.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2016 Mar 1;194:749-57. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.07.119. Epub 2015 Jul 26.
- Hibiscus sabdariffa L. is a worldwide consumed plant, principally after infusion of its dried sepals and calyces, which are usually discarded. Nevertheless, they represent a potential source of natural bioactive compounds, e.g. polyphenols, which could add value to this under-exploited plant. Protoc
- PMID 26471615
- Inhibition of Automatic Semantic Processing in Children With High-Functioning Pervasive Developmental Disorders Having Reading Difficulty
- Journal of Special Education Research 2(1), 25-33, 2018
- … In Experiment 1, lexical decision tasks were conducted under three priming conditions: (1) normal character condition, (2) transposed-letter internal nonwords condition, and (3) transposed-letter external nonwords condition. …
- NAID 130004673117
- THE INSTIGATIONS OF EZRA POUND BY ERNEST FENOLLOSA, II, LARCENY : POUND, THE TELLURIC MASS OF MISS LOWELL, AND THE PILFERING OF ʻTHE CHINESE WRITTEN CHARACTER AS A MEDIUMFOR POETRYʼ, 1914-1921*
- 字体と字形の狭間で : 文字情報基盤整備事業を例として
- Unexpected band structure and half-metal in non-metal-doped arsenene sheet
- Wang Ya-ping,Zhang Chang-wen,Ji Wei-xiao,Wang Pei-ji
- Appl. Phys. Express 8(6), 065202, 2015-05-27
- … It was found that dopants (groups III, V, and VII) with odd numbers of valence electrons maintained the semiconducting character of the pristine system, while those (groups IV and VI) with even numbers of valence electrons caused the metallic character to change. …
- NAID 150000110715
- characterとは。意味や和訳。[名]1 [C]((通例単数形))（人の）（他と異なる）個性，性質，性格，気質；[U]特徴the American characterアメリカ人気質describe a national character国民性を描写するbe in [out of] character柄に合って ...
- －－－それは可能性の獣 機動戦士ガンダムUC[ユニコーン] NEWS WORLD STAFF&CAST MS/MECHANIC CHARACTER PRODUCT SPECIAL INFORMATION CHARACTER CHARACTER LIST CIVILIAN NEW!! E.F.S.F. NEO ZEON
- MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM 00 OFFICIAL SITE 劇場版 機動戦士ガンダム00 -A wakening of the Trailblazer-NEWS STAFF & CAST STORY MS CHARACTER THEATER PRODUCTS SPECIAL TV SERIES SIDE STORIES HOME 劇場版 ...
- [pl]顔(the face)、容貌、顔立ち、目鼻立ち、眉目
- attention, character, characteristic, distinction, focus, hallmark, note, notice, particular, property, salience, trait
- abolish, abolition, arrange, arrangement, character, configuration, deploy, deployment, discard, disposal, dispose, nature, place, placement, propensity, property