- issue a challenge to; "Fischer challenged Spassky to a match"
- a demanding or stimulating situation; "they reacted irrationally to the challenge of Russian power"
- a call to engage in a contest or fight
- a demand by a sentry for a password or identification
- a formal objection to the selection of a particular person as a juror
- questioning a statement and demanding an explanation; "his challenge of the assumption that Japan is still our enemy"
- take exception to; "She challenged his claims" (同)dispute, gainsay
- raise a formal objection in a court of law (同)take exception
- ask for identification; "The illegal immigrant was challenged by the border guard"
- 挑戦者 / だれかと呼び掛ける人 / 異議を申し立てる人 / (陪審員団の)忌避者
- 〈U〉〈C〉『挑戦』,試合の申し込み;〈C〉挑戦状 / 〈U〉(番兵などが怪しい者に)“だれか"と呼び掛けること / 〈C〉手ごたえのある事(物) / 〈U〉〈C〉(…への)異議申し立て抗議《+『to』+『名』》 / 〈U〉〈C〉(陪審員に対する)忌避 / (競技・決闘などを)〈人〉‘に'『挑む』,挑戦する / …‘に'『異議を申し立てる』 / 〈物事が〉〈人〉'を'奮起させる,〈興味など〉'を'呼び起こす / 〈番兵・守衛などが〉…‘に'“だれか"と呼び掛ける / 〈陪審員・裁判官〉'を'忌避する
||Look up challenger in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
- 1 In transportation
- 1.1 Land vehicles
- 1.2 Sea vessels
- 1.3 Air and space craft
- 2 Places
- 3 In entertainment
- 4 People
- 5 In science
- 6 In sport
- 7 Other uses
Challenger may refer to:
- Challenger trucks, a Canadian maker of heavy trucks
- One of several British Army tanks:
- Cruiser Mk VIII Challenger, in service during World War II
- Challenger 1 tank, in service from the late 1980s to early 21st century
- Challenger 2 tank, in service from 1998
- Dodge Challenger, a car made by Dodge
- Mitsubishi Challenger, an SUV sold in export markets as the Pajero Sport/Montero Sport
- Tokai Challenger, a solar car
- Challenger (train), a named passenger train fleet
- Union Pacific Challenger, a type of steam locomotive
- Challenger Tractor, a rubber-tracked agricultural tractor
- HMS Challenger, any of eight Royal Navy ships
- RSS Challenger, a Sjöormen-class submarine in the Republic of Singapore Navy
- USS Challenger (ID-3630), an early-20th century US Navy cargo ship
- Challenger (clipper), a clipper sailing ship built in London in 1852
- Challenger (1853 clipper), a clipper ship built in Boston
- Stena Challenger, a ferry, formerly Isle of Inishfree and Pride of Cherbourg, now the MV Kaitaki
- Deepsea Challenger, used by James Cameron in the Mariana Trench
Air and space craft
- Canadair Challenger, a series of business jets manufactured by Bombardier
- Space Shuttle Challenger, the NASA space shuttle
- Space Shuttle Challenger disaster
- Quad City Challenger, an ultralight airplane
- Challenger, the Apollo 17 lunar module
- Challenger Deep, the deepest point in the world's oceans
- Challenger Plateau, a submarine rise in the Tasman Sea close to the New Zealand coast
- Challenger Mountains, a subrange of the Arctic Cordillera in Nunavut, Canada
- Mount Challenger, Falkland Islands
- Challenger Point, a mountain in Colorado, United States
- Challenger Harbour, Fremantle, Western Australia
- Challengers, Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Challenger (1990 film), about the space shuttle Challenger disaster
- The Challengers, a 1990 film produced for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Challenger (comics), a Marvel Comics Golden Age superhero
- Challenger (video game), developed by Hudson Soft
- Challenger (game show), a 1997 Australian game show
- Challenger (game show), a 2013 Pakistani game show
- Challengers (role-playing game), a 1985 role-playing game
- Challengers of the Unknown a team of costumed crime fighters from DC Comics
- Challenger (Star Trek), a Star Trek: New Earth novel
- Challengers (album), by The New Pornographers
- The Challengers (band), a 1960s surf rock group
- The Challengers (game show), a 1990 American game show hosted by Dick Clark
- Challengers (manga), the shōnen-ai manga by Hinako Takanaga
- Professor Challenger, a fictional scientist and adventurer created by Arthur Conan Doyle
- "Challenger", a song by Misia from Mars & Roses
- Challenger (Burning Star Core album), by Burning Star Core
- Challenger (Knut album), by Knut
- Challenger (EP), by Sybreed
- Challenger (Memphis May Fire album), by Memphis May Fire
- Challenger (actor) (1959 – 2010), Bangladeshi film and television actor
- Romeo Challenger (born 1950), rock drummer, father of Ben Challenger
- Ben Challenger (born 1978), English high jumper
- Okeem Challenger (born 1989), Antiguan and Barbudan footballer
- Challenger (eagle), an American bald eagle known for free flights
- Challenger Society for Marine Science, established in 1903 in the United Kingdom
- Challenger expedition, a British oceanographic survey in 1872-1876
- Challenger Center for Space Science Education, an American a nonprofit educational organization
- Challenger (America's Cup), the syndacates challengers of America's Cup
- Challengers League & Challengers Cup, the third tier football league and league cup competition in South Korea
- ATP Challenger Series, a series of professional tennis tournaments
- Challenger (horse), Champion Thoroughbred sire in the United States
- Challenger Institute of Technology, a Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institution in Fremantle, Western Australia
- Challenger Equipment, AGCO Corporation's division of agricultural machinery
- Challenger hop, a beer flavouring
- Challenger Limited, a financial services company in Australia
- Challenger Mine, a gold mine in South Australia
- Challenger Secondary School, Bethel School District, in Spanaway, Washington, United States
- Challenger Early College High School, an early college located in Hickory, North Carolina, United States
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Second-Guessing Scientists and Engineers: Post Hoc Criticism and the Reform of Practice in Green Chemistry and Engineering.
- Lynch WT1.
- Science and engineering ethics.Sci Eng Ethics.2015 Oct;21(5):1217-40. doi: 10.1007/s11948-014-9585-1. Epub 2014 Sep 14.
- The article examines and extends work bringing together engineering ethics and Science and Technology Studies, which had built upon Diane Vaughan's analysis of the Challenger shuttle accident as a test case. Reconsidering the use of her term "normalization of deviance," the article argues for a midd
- PMID 25218835
- Morphine stimulates nitric oxide release in human mitochondria.
- Stefano GB1, Mantione KJ2, Capellan L2, Casares FM2, Challenger S2, Ramin R2, Samuel JM2, Snyder C2, Kream RM2.
- Journal of bioenergetics and biomembranes.J Bioenerg Biomembr.2015 Sep 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- The expression of morphine by plants, invertebrate, and vertebrate cells and organ systems, strongly indicates a high level of evolutionary conservation of morphine and related morphinan alkaloids as required for life. The prototype catecholamine, dopamine, serves as an essential chemical intermedia
- PMID 26350413
- Linking sedimentary sulfur and iron biogeochemistry to growth patterns of a cold-water coral mound in the Porcupine Basin, S.W. Ireland (IODP Expedition 307).
- Wehrmann LM1, Titschack J2,3, Böttcher ME4, Ferdelman TG5.
- Geobiology.Geobiology.2015 Sep;13(5):424-42. doi: 10.1111/gbi.12147. Epub 2015 Jun 8.
- Challenger Mound, a 150-m-high cold-water coral mound on the eastern flank of the Porcupine Seabight off SW Ireland, was drilled during Expedition 307 of the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP). Retrieved cores offer unique insight into an archive of Quaternary paleo-environmental change, long-
- PMID 26059346
- The Challenger 挑戦者たち 株式会社 ケイアイ設備サービス : 少数精鋭ものづくり職人集団、ステンレスアートでものづくり伝承
- The Challenger 挑戦者たち 株式会社 かまえ直送活き粋船団 : 生産現場の強みを活かし、魚の価値向上に挑戦し続ける漁師達の会社
- The Challenger 挑戦者たち 有限会社 大倉菓機 : "不易流行"の精神で、果敢に事業領域を拡大し続ける老舗メーカー
- CHALLENGER Official website CHALLENGER Official website © CHALLENGER. All Rights Reserved. ...
- Moderate generally(モデレート.ジェネラリー)へアクセスありがとうございます。当ショップは、BEDWIN.COOTIE.COREFIGHTER.DELUXE.SASQUATCH fabrix.RATS.を取扱っている正規代理店(通販)ショップです。各ブランドをいち早く入荷し ...
- Approximately 50% of persons challenged with Norwalk virus become ill and acquire short-term immunity against the infecting strain.