- the main body of a vertebra
- of or belonging to neither the right nor the left politically or intellectually
- a building dedicated to a particular activity; "they were raising money to build a new center for research" (同)centre
- (American football) the position of the player on the line of scrimmage who puts the ball in play; "it is a centers responsibility to get the football to the quarterback"
- a position on a basketball team of the player who participates in the jump that starts the game
- the position on a hockey team of the player who participates in the face off at the beginning of the game
- a place where some particular activity is concentrated; "they received messages from several centers" (同)centre
- the sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering (同)centre
- the object upon which interest and attention focuses; "his stories made him the center of the party" (同)centre, center of attention, centre of attention
- an area that is approximately central within some larger region; "it is in the center of town"; "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"; "they were in the eye of the storm" (同)centre, middle, heart, eye
- a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure (同)centre, midpoint
- a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process; "in most people the speech center is in the left hemisphere" (同)centre, nerve_center, nerve centre
- (football) the person who plays center on the line of scrimmage and snaps the ball to the quarterback; "the center fumbled the handoff" (同)snapper
- (basketball) the person who plays center on a basketball team
- (ice hockey) the person who plays center on a hockey team
- politically moderate persons; centrists
- the middle of a military or naval formation; "they had to reinforce the center"
- move into the center; "That vase in the picture is not centered" (同)centre
- equally distant from the extremes (同)halfway, middle, midway
- in or near a center or constituting a center; the inner area; "a central position"
- a workplace that serves as a telecommunications facility where lines from telephones can be connected together to permit communication (同)telephone exchange, exchange
- the central part of a car wheel (or fan or propeller etc) through which the shaft or axle passes
- a center of activity or interest or commerce or transportation; a focal point around which events revolve; "the playground is the hub of parental supervision"; "the airport is the economic hub of the area"
- dividing an animal into right and left halves (同)median
- katydids (同)genus Microcentrum
- 『中心の』,中央の,中心からの / 『主要な』,中心的な(main) / (音声が)中舌音の / 電話交換局(《英》[telephone]exchange)
- (車輪の)こしき,中心部 / (活動などの)中心,中枢《+『of』+『名』》
- 中間の,中間に位置する / 平均の,並なみの
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Effects of Tadalafil Treatment on Erectile Function Recovery Following Bilateral Nerve-sparing Radical Prostatectomy: A Randomised Placebo-controlled Study (REACTT).
- Montorsi F1, Brock G2, Stolzenburg JU3, Mulhall J4, Moncada I5, Patel HR6, Chevallier D7, Krajka K8, Henneges C9, Dickson R10, Büttner H11.Author information 1Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy.2University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.3Universitätsklinikum Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany.4Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, NY, USA.5Hospital La Zarzuela, Madrid, Spain.6University Hospital North Norway, Tromso, Norway.7Hôpital Universitaire Archet 2, Nice, France.8Uniwersyteckie Centrum Kliniczne, Gdansk, Poland.9Lilly Deutschland GmbH, Bad Homburg, Germany.10Eli Lilly Canada Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada.11Lilly Deutschland GmbH, Bad Homburg, Germany. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractBACKGROUND: The potential rehabilitative and protective effect of phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors (PDE5-Is) on penile function after nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy (NSRP) remains unclear.
- European urology.Eur Urol.2014 Mar;65(3):587-96. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2013.09.051. Epub 2013 Oct 13.
- BACKGROUND: The potential rehabilitative and protective effect of phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors (PDE5-Is) on penile function after nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy (NSRP) remains unclear.OBJECTIVE: The primary objective was to compare the efficacy of tadalafil 5mg once daily and tadalafil 2
- PMID 24169081
- Mood and anxiety disorders across the adult lifespan: a European perspective.
- McDowell RD1, Ryan A1, Bunting BP2, O'Neill SM2, Alonso J3, Bruffaerts R4, de Graaf R5, Florescu S6, Vilagut G7, de Almeida JM8, de Girolamo G9, Haro JM10, Hinkov H11, Kovess-Masfety V12, Matschinger H13, Tomov T14.Author information 1Institute of Nursing & Health Research, University of Ulster, Coleraine, N. Ireland.2Psychology Research Institute, University of Ulster, Londonderry, N. Ireland.3Health Services Research Unit, IMIM-Institut Hospital del Mar d'Investigacions Mèdiques, Barcelona, Spain; CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública (CIBERESP), Spain; Department of Experimental and Health Sciences, Pompeu Fabra University (UPF), Barcelona, Spain.4Universitair Psychiatrisch Centrum - KU Leuven (UPC-KUL), KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium.5Netherlands Institute of Mental Health and Addiction, Utrecht, the Netherlands.6National School of Public Health, Management and Professional Development, Bucharest, Romania.7Health Services Research Unit, IMIM-Institut Hospital del Mar d'Investigacions Mèdiques, Barcelona, Spain; CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública (CIBERESP), Spain.8Departamento de Saúde Mental, Faculdade de Ciências Médicas, Portugal.9IRCCS Centro S. Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Italy.10Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Déu, Universitat de Barcelona, CIBER en Salud Mental, Spain.11National Center for Public Health Protection, Bulgaria.12EHESP, EA4069, Université Paris Descartes, SPC France.13University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany.14Department of Psychiatry, Alexandrovsaka Hospital, Bulgaria.AbstractBACKGROUND: The World Mental Health Survey Initiative (WMHSI) has advanced our understanding of mental disorders by providing data suitable for analysis across many countries. However, these data have not yet been fully explored from a cross-national lifespan perspective. In particular, there is a shortage of research on the relationship between mood and anxiety disorders and age across countries. In this study we used multigroup methods to model the distribution of 12-month DSM-IV/CIDI mood and anxiety disorders across the adult lifespan in relation to determinants of mental health in 10 European Union (EU) countries.
- Psychological medicine.Psychol Med.2014 Mar;44(4):707-22. doi: 10.1017/S0033291713001116. Epub 2013 May 31.
- BACKGROUND: The World Mental Health Survey Initiative (WMHSI) has advanced our understanding of mental disorders by providing data suitable for analysis across many countries. However, these data have not yet been fully explored from a cross-national lifespan perspective. In particular, there is a s
- PMID 23721650
- Identification and interpretation of microstructural abnormalities in motor pathways in adolescents born preterm.
- Groeschel S1, Tournier JD2, Northam GB3, Baldeweg T3, Wyatt J4, Vollmer B5, Connelly A2.Author information 1University Children's Hospital Tübingen, Germany. Electronic address: email@example.comFlorey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Melbourne, Australia.3UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK.4UCL Hospitals, London, UK.5Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden; University of Southampton, Southampton, UK.AbstractThere has been extensive interest in assessing the long-term effects of preterm birth on brain white matter microstructure using diffusion MRI. Our aim in this study is to explore diffusion MRI differences between adolescents born preterm and term born controls, with a specific interest in characterising how such differences are manifested in white matter regions containing predominantly single or crossing fibre populations. Probabilistic high angular resolution tractography together with large deformation spatial normalisation were used to objectively investigate diffusion tensor parameters at regular intervals along fibre tracts of 45 adolescents born before 33weeks of gestation and 30 term-born typically developing adolescents. Diffusion parameters were significantly different between preterms and controls at several levels along the cortico-spinal, thalamo-cortical and transcallosal pathways. Within the predominantly single fibre regions of the corpus callosum and internal capsule, in the preterms mean diffusivity (MD) was found to be increased while fractional anisotropy (FA) was decreased compared to controls. In contrast, however, where these pathways traversed the centrum semiovale, FA and MD were both significantly increased. The major contributor to reduced FA in preterms in predominantly single fibre regions was the increased radial eigenvalue (i.e. increased radial diffusivity). In predominantly crossing-fibre regions, the tensor eigenvalues are not meaningful, and the observed increase in FA is likely to be due to a decrease in anisotropy in one of the contributing fibre bundles. Similar differences (although less pronounced) were observed after excluding preterms with radiological signs of preterm brain injury from the sample. In summary, white matter microstructure was found to be altered in motor pathways in adolescents born preterm. Disruption of white matter (WM) microstructure in a single fibre region with resulting higher radial diffusivity leads to lower FA, whereas selective disruption of one fibre population in a crossing fibre region is observed to lead to higher FA. These findings challenge the common simplistic interpretation of FA as a measure of WM tract integrity.
- NeuroImage.Neuroimage.2014 Feb 15;87:209-19. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2013.10.034. Epub 2013 Oct 31.
- There has been extensive interest in assessing the long-term effects of preterm birth on brain white matter microstructure using diffusion MRI. Our aim in this study is to explore diffusion MRI differences between adolescents born preterm and term born controls, with a specific interest in character
- PMID 24185027
- CHOICE AND THE HAT GAME (Infinitary combinatorics in set theory and its applications)
- Geschke Stefan,Lubarsky Robert,Rahn Mona
- 数理解析研究所講究録 1949, 34-44, 2015-05
- NAID 110009921874
- Health Related Quality of Life and Care Dependency among Elderly Hospital Patients: An International Comparison
- Dijkstra Ate,Hakverdioğlu Gülendam,Muszalik Marta,Andela Richtsje,Korhan Esra Akın,Kędziora-Kornatowska Kornelia
- The Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine 235(3), 193-200, 2015
- Many countries in Europe and the world have to cope with an aging population. Although health policy in many countries aims at increasing disability-free life expectancy, elderly patients represent a …
- NAID 130004822442
- Get the complete benefits of Centrum. Offering advanced formulas that are age and gender adjusted. Find the Centrum that is right for you! ... Find out what nutrients you—and most people—are missing in your diet and learn how you ...
- Jazz Vocalist Kim Nazarian featured at Jazz Port Townsend Centrum is honored to welcome vocalist, teacher, lyricist, Grammy-nominated arranger, and Grammy award-winning ensemble singer, Kim Nazarian to our 2015 Jazz Port ...
- center、centrally、centrally acting、centre、centro、centrum、hub、medial、pivotal、pivotally