- place into or assign to a category; "Children learn early on to categorize" (同)categorise
- writing done with a typewriter (同)typewriting
- elegance in dress or behavior; "she has a lot of class"
- a collection of things sharing a common attribute; "there are two classes of detergents" (同)category, family
- a league ranked by quality; "he played baseball in class D for two years"; "Princeton is in the NCAA Division 1-AA" (同)division
- a body of students who are taught together; "early morning classes are always sleepy" (同)form, grade, course
- people having the same social, economic, or educational status; "the working class"; "an emerging professional class" (同)stratum, social_class, socio-economic class
- a body of students who graduate together; "the class of 97"; "she was in my year at Hoehandle High" (同)year
- (biology) a taxonomic group containing one or more orders
- arrange into a group or groups; "Can you group these shapes together?"
- (chemistry) two or more atoms bound together as a single unit and forming part of a molecule (同)radical, chemical group
- any number of entities (members) considered as a unit (同)grouping
- a set that is closed, associative, has an identity element and every element has an inverse (同)mathematical group
- form a group or group together (同)aggroup
- an operation that segregates items into groups according to a specified criterion; "the bottleneck in mail delivery is the process of sorting" (同)sorting
- an approximate definition or example; "she wore a sort of magenta dress"; "she served a creamy sort of dessert thing"
- a person of a particular character or nature; "what sort of person is he?"; "hes a good sort"
- restriction imposed by the government on documents or weapons that are available only to certain authorized people
- a group of people or things arranged by class or category (同)categorization, categorisation
- the basic cognitive process of arranging into classes or categories (同)categorization, categorisation, sorting
- declare unavailable, as for security reasons; "Classify these documents"
- arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?" (同)class, sort, assort, sort out, separate
- not categorized or sorted (同)uncategorised, unsorted
- arranged into categories (同)categorised
- 〈C〉(何らかの類似性を持つ)(…の)『種類』,類(sort, kind)《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉《集合的に》《単数扱い》『クラス』,学級,組 / 〈U〉〈C〉(クラス単位の)『授業』;授業時間 / 〈C〉《米》《集合的に》(主に高校・大学の)同期生 / 〈C〉《しばしば複数形で》(同程度の教育・経済力・社会的地位などを持つ)『階級』,階層 / 〈C〉(交通機関などの)『等級』 / 〈C〉(英国の大学の)試験の合格等級 / 〈C〉綱(こう)(動植物の分類で門(phylum, division)と目(もく)(order)の間) / 〈U〉《話》(その人の社会的地位を高く見せる)風格 / …'を'(…の)部類に入れる《+『名』+『among』(『with』)+『名』》,(…として)…'を'分類する《+『名』+『as』+『名』》
- (…の)『群れ』,集まり,小集団《+of+名》 / (主義・系統・種類などを同じくする人・物の)『派』,『団体』 / (ポミュラーソング歌手の)グループ / (動・植物分類上の)群;(化学の)基,原子団;(地質学上の)界;(数学の)群;(言語学上の)語派 / …‘を'一群に集める,一団にする《+『名』+『together』》 / (系統的に)…‘を'分類する,調和よく配合する《+『名』+『together』》 / 集まる,群(集団)をなす
- 『種類』,部類(kind) / 性格,性質,タイプ / 《おもに英話》《単数形で》(ある)種類の人 / …‘を'分類する,区分けする;えり分ける,選び出す《+『名』+『out,』+『out』+『名』》
- 〈U〉〈C〉分類[作業];分類法;分類結果 / 〈U〉(生物学上の)分類
- (…に)…'を'『分類する』,類別する,等級別にする《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 《米》〈文書類など〉'を'機密扱いにする
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- "Children are Sexually Innocent": Iranian Parents' Understanding of Children's Sexuality.
- Merghati-Khoei E1, Abolghasemi N, Smith TG.Author information 1Iranian National Center of Addiction Studies (INCAS): The Risk Behavior Institution, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.AbstractSexuality education (SE) is hotly contested in the West and there is much abstinence-only education; however, it remains controversial in a variety of contexts, including in Iran. The lack of consensus about children's SE in Muslim societies obliges us to explore different aspects of this topic systematically. The qualitative research presented here was about how Iranian parents perceived children's sexuality. Data from parents of 26 children were collected during four focus group sessions. Informants were selected from Area 5 in West Tehran. This area included 72 primary schools for girls and 82 for boys. The sessions were facilitated by using a semi-structured focus group guide. Content analysis was adopted using combined free and analytical coding to reduce data, to extract meanings, and to categorize domains. One of the three main domains identified, family management of child sexuality, is comprised of the following: (1) understanding of child sexuality, (2) family rules, (3) parent-child interactions, and (4) opposite sex interactions. Parental misinformation, accumulated myths, and ignorance about children's sexual development were evident. Strict family rules and a lack of consistent policy and instruction for SE were also identified. Parents said they were neither well-prepared nor competent to educate their children about sexuality. In fact, a majority of mothers raised "incompetence" as an important determinant in their own parent-child interactions. Societal changes as well as children's socialization patterns have forced parents to accept their children's opposite sex friendships as a reality. Results suggest a community need for developing comprehensive and culturally sensitive SE for schools and parental use.
- Archives of sexual behavior.Arch Sex Behav.2014 Apr;43(3):587-95. doi: 10.1007/s10508-013-0218-6. Epub 2013 Dec 17.
- Sexuality education (SE) is hotly contested in the West and there is much abstinence-only education; however, it remains controversial in a variety of contexts, including in Iran. The lack of consensus about children's SE in Muslim societies obliges us to explore different aspects of this topic syst
- PMID 24343162
- A study of adaptation mechanisms based on ABR recorded at high stimulation rate.
- Valderrama JT1, de la Torre A2, Alvarez I3, Segura JC4, Thornton AR5, Sainz M6, Vargas JL7.Author information 1Department of Signal Theory, Telematics and Communications, CITIC-UGR, University of Granada, C/ Periodista Daniel Saucedo Aranda s/n, 18071 Granada, Spain; MRC Institute of Hearing Research, Southampton Outstation, Royal South Hants Hospital, Brintons Terrace, Mailpoint OAU, Southampton, Hampshire SO14 OYG, UK. Electronic address: email@example.comDepartment of Signal Theory, Telematics and Communications, CITIC-UGR, University of Granada, C/ Periodista Daniel Saucedo Aranda s/n, 18071 Granada, Spain. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.orgDepartment of Signal Theory, Telematics and Communications, CITIC-UGR, University of Granada, C/ Periodista Daniel Saucedo Aranda s/n, 18071 Granada, Spain. Electronic address: email@example.comDepartment of Signal Theory, Telematics and Communications, CITIC-UGR, University of Granada, C/ Periodista Daniel Saucedo Aranda s/n, 18071 Granada, Spain. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.orgMRC Institute of Hearing Research, Southampton Outstation, Royal South Hants Hospital, Brintons Terrace, Mailpoint OAU, Southampton, Hampshire SO14 OYG, UK. Electronic address: email@example.comENT Service, San Cecilio University Hospital, Av. Dr. Oloriz 16, 18002 Granada, Spain; Department of Surgery and its Specialties, University of Granada, Av. De Madrid 11, 18012 Granada, Spain.7ENT Service, San Cecilio University Hospital, Av. Dr. Oloriz 16, 18002 Granada, Spain.AbstractOBJECTIVE: This paper analyzes the fast and slow mechanisms of adaptation through a study of latencies and amplitudes on ABR recorded at high stimulation rates using the randomized stimulation and averaging (RSA) technique.
- Clinical neurophysiology : official journal of the International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology.Clin Neurophysiol.2014 Apr;125(4):805-13. doi: 10.1016/j.clinph.2013.06.190. Epub 2013 Oct 13.
- OBJECTIVE: This paper analyzes the fast and slow mechanisms of adaptation through a study of latencies and amplitudes on ABR recorded at high stimulation rates using the randomized stimulation and averaging (RSA) technique.METHODS: The RSA technique allows a separate processing of auditory responses
- PMID 24128791
- Coexisting anxiety and depressive symptoms in patients with heart failure.
- Dekker RL1, Lennie TA, Doering LV, Chung ML, Wu JR, Moser DK.Author information 11College of Nursing, University of Kentucky, USA.AbstractBackground: Among patients with heart failure (HF), anxiety symptoms may co-exist with depressive symptoms. However, the extent of overlap and risk factors for anxiety symptoms have not been thoroughly described. Purpose: The aim of this study was to describe the coexistence of anxiety and depressive symptoms, and to determine the predictors of anxiety symptoms in patients with HF. Methods: The sample consisted of 556 outpatients with HF (34% female, 62±12 years, 54% New York Heart Association (NYHA) class III/IV) enrolled in a multicenter HF quality of life registry. Anxiety symptoms were assessed with the Brief Symptom Inventory-anxiety subscale. Depressive symptoms were measured with the Beck Depression Inventory-II (BDI). We used a cut-point of 0.35 to categorize patients as having anxiety symptoms or no anxiety symptoms. Logistic regression was used to determine whether age, gender, minority status, educational level, functional status, comorbidities, depressive symptoms, and antidepressant use were predictors of anxiety symptoms. Results: One-third of patients had both depressive and anxiety symptoms. There was a dose-response relationship between depressive symptoms and anxiety symptoms; higher levels of depressive symptoms were associated with a higher level of anxiety symptoms. Younger age (odds ratio (OR)= 0.97, p=0.004, 95% confidence interval (CI) 0.95-0.99) and depressive symptoms (OR =1.25, p<0.001, 95% CI 1.19-1.31) were independent predictors of anxiety symptoms. Conclusions: Patients with HF and depressive symptoms are at high risk for experiencing anxiety symptoms. Clinicians should assess these patients for comorbid anxiety symptoms. Research is needed to test interventions for both depressive and anxiety symptoms.
- European journal of cardiovascular nursing : journal of the Working Group on Cardiovascular Nursing of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs.2014 Apr;13(2):168-76. doi: 10.1177/1474515113519520. Epub 2014 Jan 9.
- Background: Among patients with heart failure (HF), anxiety symptoms may co-exist with depressive symptoms. However, the extent of overlap and risk factors for anxiety symptoms have not been thoroughly described. Purpose: The aim of this study was to describe the coexistence of anxiety and depressiv
- PMID 24408885
- Is it a (fe)male pain? Portuguese nurses' and laypeople's gendered representations of common pains.
- Bernardes SF1, Silva SA, Carvalho H, Costa M, Pereira S.Author information 1Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (ISCTE-IUL), Lisbon, Portugal; Centro de Investigação e Intervenção Social (Cis-IUL), Lisbon, Portugal.AbstractBACKGROUND: Although many studies have explored gender role expectations of pain behaviours in different cultures, only a few authors have tried to explore whether certain pains are more associated with the typical man or woman. Hence, this study aimed at exploring, among Portuguese laypeople and nurses, patterns of common pains more strongly associated with the typical man or woman, and their relationship with health-care training and personal pain experiences.
- European journal of pain (London, England).Eur J Pain.2014 Apr;18(4):530-9. doi: 10.1002/j.1532-2149.2013.00387.x. Epub 2013 Sep 3.
- BACKGROUND: Although many studies have explored gender role expectations of pain behaviours in different cultures, only a few authors have tried to explore whether certain pains are more associated with the typical man or woman. Hence, this study aimed at exploring, among Portuguese laypeople and nu
- PMID 24002778
- Categorization difficulty is associated with negative evaluation in the “uncanny valley” phenomenon
- Yamada Yuki,Kawabe Takahiro,Ihaya Keiko,山田 祐樹,河邉 隆寛,井隼 経子,ヤマダ ユウキ,カワベ タカヒロ,イハヤ ケイコ
- Japanese Psychological Research, 2012-05-14
- … Observers were asked to categorize each of these images as either category and evaluated the likability of it. …
- NAID 120004043668
- 鈴木 杏理,元岡 展久,桂 瑠以
- 高等教育と学生支援 : お茶の水女子大学教育機構紀要 2, 14-21, 2012-04-30
- … Through the comparison, we categorize these dormitories according to the architectural composition of common spaces. …
- NAID 120004079702
- 清松 敏雄
- 年報経営分析研究 (28), 13-20, 2012-03-31
- 本稿では,新規株式公開前の利益調整行動について,上場審査基準に着目した実証分析を行った。具体的には,サンプルとして近年ジャスダック証券取引所に上場した企業を用い,利益調整前の利益が上場審査基準を満たしているかどうかによってサンプルを分類した上で,それぞれのポートフォリオのサンプルの裁量的発生高の平均の差の検定等を行った。この際,本稿では,証券取引所の上場審査基準として明文化されている内容に加え,明 …
- NAID 110009426435
- Categorization is the process in which ideas and objects are recognized, differentiated, and understood. Categorization implies that objects are grouped into categories, usually for some specific purpose. Ideally, a category illuminates a ...
- categorize verb - definition, audio pronunciation, synonyms and more for categorize verb: to put people or things into groups with the same features: : See more in British English Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionary Online.
- cat·e·go·rize (k t -g -r z ). tr.v. cat·e·go·rized, cat·e·go·riz·ing, cat·e·go·riz·es. To put into a category or categories; classify. cat e·go·riz a·ble adj. cat e·go·ri·za tion (-g r - -z sh n) n. categorize, categorise [ˈkætɪgəˌraɪz]. vb. (tr) to place in a ...