- the tendency to float in water or other liquid
- cheerfulness that bubbles to the surface (同)perkiness
- tending to float on a liquid or rise in air or gas; "buoyant balloons"; "buoyant balsawood boats"; "a floaty scarf" (同)floaty
- characterized by liveliness and lightheartedness; "buoyant spirits"; "his quick wit and chirpy humor"; "looking bright and well and chirpy"; "a perky little widow in her 70s" (同)chirpy, perky
- the phenomenon of floating (remaining on the surface of a liquid without sinking) (同)floatation
- financing a commercial enterprise by bond or stock shares (同)floatation
- (physics) the center of mass of the immersed part of ship or other floating object (同)centre of buoyancy, center of immersion, centre of immersion
- 浮力・浮揚力 / 楽天的な性質,陽気
- 浮揚性のある,浮力のある / 気楽な,楽天的な
- 浮くこと,浮場 / (債券などの)発行 / (会社などの)設立
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Multiple emulsions as soft templates for the synthesis of multifunctional silicone porous particles.
- Vilanova N1, Kolen'ko YV2, Solans C3, Rodríguez-Abreu C4.
- Journal of colloid and interface science.J Colloid Interface Sci.2015 Jan 1;437:235-43. doi: 10.1016/j.jcis.2014.09.006. Epub 2014 Sep 16.
- Multiple emulsion templating is a versatile strategy for the synthesis of porous particles. The present work addresses the synthesis of multifunctional poly(dimethylsiloxane) porous particles using multiple water-in-oil-in-water emulsions as soft templates with an oil phase constituted by a crosslin
- PMID 25313489
- Modelling artificial sea salt emission in large eddy simulations.
- Maalick Z1, Korhonen H2, Kokkola H3, Kühn T4, Romakkaniemi S3.
- Philosophical transactions. Series A, Mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences.Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci.2014 Dec 28;372(2031). pii: 20140051. doi: 10.1098/rsta.2014.0051.
- We study the dispersion of sea salt particles from artificially injected sea spray at a cloud-resolving scale. Understanding of how different aerosol processes affect particle dispersion is crucial when designing emission sources for marine cloud brightening. Compared with previous studies, we inclu
- PMID 25404679
- The foraging benefits of being fat in a highly migratory marine mammal.
- Adachi T1, Maresh JL2, Robinson PW2, Peterson SH2, Costa DP2, Naito Y3, Watanabe YY4, Takahashi A4.
- Proceedings. Biological sciences / The Royal Society.Proc Biol Sci.2014 Dec 22;281(1797). pii: 20142120. doi: 10.1098/rspb.2014.2120.
- Foraging theory predicts that breath-hold divers adjust the time spent foraging at depth relative to the energetic cost of swimming, which varies with buoyancy (body density). However, the buoyancy of diving animals varies as a function of their body condition, and the effects of these changes on sw
- PMID 25377461
- Convective dynamics of traveling autocatalytic fronts in a modulated gravity field.
- Horváth D1, Budroni MA, Bába P, Rongy L, De Wit A, Eckert K, Hauser MJ, Tóth A.
- Physical chemistry chemical physics : PCCP.Phys Chem Chem Phys.2014 Dec 21;16(47):26279-87. doi: 10.1039/c4cp02480j. Epub 2014 Nov 3.
- When traveling in thin solution layers, autocatalytic chemical fronts may be deformed and accelerated by convective currents that develop because of density and surface tension gradients related to concentration and thermal gradients across the front. On earth, both buoyancy and Marangoni related fl
- PMID 25362974
- Superhydrophobic treatment using atmospheric-pressure He/C
- Noh Sooryun,Moon A-Young,Moon Se
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54(4), 046201, 2015-02-27
- … This effect contributed to the development of a 4.7% increase in buoyancy. …
- NAID 150000110314
- Onsite survey on the mechanism of passive aeration and air flow path in a semi-aerobic landfill
- Matsuto Toshihiko,Zhang Xin,Matsuo Takayuki,Yamada Shuhei
- Waste Management 36, 204-212, 2015-02
- … We found a linear correlation between the outflow rate and gas temperature, suggesting that air flow is driven by a buoyancy force caused by the temperature difference between waste in the landfill and the ambient temperature. …
- NAID 120005595702
- Scaling Surface Mixing/Mixed Layer Depth under Stabilizing Buoyancy Flux
- Yoshikawa Yutaka
- Journal of Physical Oceanography 45(1), 247-258, 2015-01
- … This study concerns the combined effects of Earth's rotation and stabilizing surface buoyancy flux upon the wind-induced turbulent mixing in the surface layer. … Here, this study analyzes observed mixed layer depth plus surface momentum and buoyancy fluxes obtained from Argo floats and satellites, finding that the Zilitinkevich scale is more suited for observed mixed layer depths than the Garwood scale. …
- NAID 120005555500
- And despite the good scholarship the authors have managed to retain the buoyancy and upbeat air attendant on most comics. ... (boi'ən-sē) The upward force that a fluid exerts on an object that is less dense than itself. Buoyancy ...
- 内容紹介. 前作「7-Seven-」から2年半、キリンジ待望のニューアルバムが完成!! その名も「BUOYANCY」=ボイエンシー=浮力 通算8枚目となる
- :the ability of an object to float in water or air: the power of a liquid to make someone or something float: the ability of someone or something to continue to be ... Seen and Heard What made you want to look up buoyancy? Please ...