- the act of inflicting corporal punishment with repeated blows (同)thrashing, licking, drubbing, lacing, trouncing, whacking
- the act of overcoming or outdoing (同)whipping
- a single pulsation of an oscillation produced by adding two waves of different frequencies; has a frequency equal to the difference between the two oscillations
- strike (water or bushes) repeatedly to rouse animals for hunting
- a regular rate of repetition; "the cox raised the beat"
- a stroke or blow; "the signal was two beats on the steam pipe"
- the act of beating to windward; sailing as close as possible to the direction from which the wind is blowing
- a regular route for a sentry or policeman; "in the old days a policeman walked a beat and knew all his people by name" (同)round
- the sound of stroke or blow; "he heard the beat of a drum"
- come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game" (同)beat_out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- give a beating to; subject to a beating, either as a punishment or as an act of aggression; "Thugs beat him up when he walked down the street late at night"; "The teacher used to beat the students" (同)beat_up, work over
- avoid paying; "beat the subway fare" (同)bunk
- move with a flapping motion; "The birds wings were flapping" (同)flap
- move with a thrashing motion; "The bird flapped its wings"; "The eagle beat its wings and soared high into the sky" (同)flap
- move rhythmically; "Her heart was beating fast" (同)pound, thump
- stir vigorously; "beat the egg whites"; "beat the cream" (同)scramble
- be superior; "Reading beats watching television"; "This sure beats work!"
- glare or strike with great intensity; "The sun was beating down on us"
- hit repeatedly; "beat on the door"; "beat the table with his shoe"
- indicate by beating, as with the fingers or drumsticks; "Beat the rhythm"
- make by pounding or trampling; "beat a path through the forest"
- produce a rhythm by striking repeatedly; "beat the drum"
- sail with much tacking or with difficulty; "The boat beat in the strong wind"
- shape by beating; "beat swords into ploughshares"
- strike (a part of ones own body) repeatedly, as in great emotion or in accompaniment to music; "beat ones breast"; "beat ones foot rhythmically"
- a rapid and irregular heart beat
- a musical instrument that sounds by means of a vibrating reed (同)reed_instrument, reed
- 〈C〉打つこと;(罰としての)むち打ち / 〈C〉打ち負かすこと;敗北 / 〈U〉(心臓の)鼓動
- (連続して)…'を'『たたく』,打つ(pound) / (…に)…'を'『たたきつける』,打ちつける《+『名』+『against』+『名』》 / (…に)…'を'たたいて作る《+『名』+『into』+『名』》;〈金属〉'を'打ち延ばす / …'を'勢いよくかき混ぜる / 〈リズム・拍子〉'を'手をたたいて(手を振って,足を踏んで)とる / 〈道〉'を'踏み固めて作る / 《話》〈人〉'を'困らせる,まいらせる / 〈風・雨・波などが〉(…に)『打ちつける』,〈人が〉(…を)ドンドン打つ《+『at』(『against』,『in』,『on』)+『名』》 / 〈心臓・脈が〉鼓動する,脈打つ / ドンドン鳴る / 〈船が〉風に逆らってジグザグに進む / 『続けて打つこと』,連打 / (心臓などの)鼓動 / (警官などの)巡回(担当)区域,持ち場 / 拍子;手拍子,足拍子 / =beatnik / 《補語にのみ用いて》《俗》疲れはてた,へとへとになった / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》《話》ビート族の
||Look up beat or beating in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Beat or beats may refer to:
- 1 Common meanings
- 2 Companies, brands and organisations
- 3 Culture
- 3.1 Film
- 3.2 Music
- 3.3 Fictional entities
- 3.4 Other uses in culture
- 4 Transportation
- 5 Other uses
- 6 See also
- Strike (attack), repeatedly striking a person or object
- Victory to win, outdo, outfox or otherwise achieve a victory over another (or the odds)
- Patrol, an area (usually geographic) that one is responsible to monitor, including:
- Beat (police), the territory and time that a police officer patrols
- Beat reporting, a subject of coverage by a journalist
- Gay beat, an area frequented by men who have sex with men for the purpose of casual sex
- Forest beat, in forestry administration, a divisional sub unit of a Forest range
- The act of beating; battery
Companies, brands and organisations
- Beat (charity), a British charity that supports people with eating disorders
- Beats Electronics, American producer of audio products, such as the Beats by Dr. Dre headphones
- Beat (drink), a drink manufactured by the Coca-Cola Company in Mexico
- Beat (2000 film), a film about writer William Seward Burroughs
- Beat (1998 film), a 1998 Japanese film
- Beat (1997 film), a 1997 South Korean gangster film
- Beat (acoustics), volume fluctuations due to interference between sounds of different frequencies
- Beat (music), the basic time unit or pulse in a piece of music representing one moment in time, or a segment of rhythm or cadence
- Beat music, a rock music genre that developed in the United Kingdom in the early 1960s
- Pulse (music), in music and music theory, beats in a (repeating) series of identical yet distinct periodic short-duration stimuli perceived as points in time occurring at the mensural level
- "Beat" (song), 2005, by Kaela Kimura
- The Beat (British band), a ska band, who formed in 1978, from Birmingham
- Beat (band), a Finnish band, who formed in 1979
- Beat (King Crimson album), a 1982 album
- Beat (Bowery Electric album), a 1996 album
- Beat (video game character), a character from Jet Set Radio
- Beat, a character from Eternal Sonata
- Beat, a robot bird in the Mega Man series
- Beat, a character from The World Ends with You and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Other uses in culture
- Beat (filmmaking), the smallest unit of dramatic action in a play
- Directorial beat, an exchange of behavior between characters in a script
- Unit of action, also called a beat
- Beats (video game), a 2007 video game for PlayStation Portable
- Beat Generation, writers of beat poetry and other beat literature
- Beat, a model of the Japanese Daiichi Kosho Whisper paramotor
- Chevrolet Beat, a concept car providing the basis for the Daewoo Matiz M300
- Honda Beat, a 1991–1996 roadster
- Honda FC50, a 50cc motor scooter also called "The Beat"
- Beating against the wind, a sailing manoeuvre using tacking to travel upwind
- beat, a time unit of Swatch Internet Time
- Beat, an intentional pause for emphasis in comic timing
- Beat (name), a German male given name
- The Beat (disambiguation)
- Downbeat (disambiguation)
- On the Beat (disambiguation)
- Beet, a plant
- All pages beginning with "Beat"
- All pages with a title containing Beat
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Albumin fiber scaffolds for engineering functional cardiac tissues.
- Fleischer S1, Shapira A, Regev O, Nseir N, Zussman E, Dvir T.
- Biotechnology and bioengineering.Biotechnol Bioeng.2014 Jun;111(6):1246-57. doi: 10.1002/bit.25185. Epub 2014 Feb 4.
- In recent years attempts to engineer contracting cardiac patches were focused on recapitulation of the myocardium extracellular microenvironment. We report here on our work, where for the first time, a three-dimensional cardiac patch was fabricated from albumin fibers. We hypothesized that since alb
- PMID 24420414
- Diaphragm border detection in coronary X-ray angiographies: New method and applications.
- Petkov S1, Carrillo X2, Radeva P3, Gatta C4.
- Computerized medical imaging and graphics : the official journal of the Computerized Medical Imaging Society.Comput Med Imaging Graph.2014 Jun;38(4):296-305. doi: 10.1016/j.compmedimag.2014.01.003. Epub 2014 Jan 31.
- X-ray angiography is widely used in cardiac disease diagnosis during or prior to intravascular interventions. The diaphragm motion and the heart beating induce gray-level changes, which are one of the main obstacles in quantitative analysis of myocardial perfusion. In this paper we focus on detectin
- PMID 24534692
- Simultaneous evaluation of wall motion and blood perfusion of a beating heart using stereoscopic fluorescence camera system.
- Ando T1, Kim H2, Kobayashi E3, Tsukihara H4, Motomura N5, Kyo S6, Ono M7, Sakuma I8.
- Computerized medical imaging and graphics : the official journal of the Computerized Medical Imaging Society.Comput Med Imaging Graph.2014 Jun;38(4):276-84. doi: 10.1016/j.compmedimag.2013.12.012. Epub 2014 Jan 15.
- In this study, we aimed to develop a stereoscopic fluorescence camera system for simultaneous evaluation of wall motion and tissue perfusion using indocyanine green (ICG) fluorescence imaging. The system consists of two high-speed stereo cameras, an excitation lamp, and a computer for image processi
- PMID 24507764
- Low-volume deceased donor liver transplantation alongside a strong living donor liver transplantation service.
- Chu KK1, Chan SC, Sharr WW, Chok KS, Dai WC, Lo CM.
- World journal of surgery.World J Surg.2014 Jun;38(6):1522-8. doi: 10.1007/s00268-013-2437-3.
- BACKGROUND: At our center, living donor liver transplantation (LDLT) is the main workload supported by a strong, mature service. Deceased donor liver transplantation (DDLT) is performed but in small volume. This study aimed to review the results of a low-volume DDLT service alongside a strong LDLT s
- PMID 24385193
- Mechanical Motion Induced by Spatially Distributed Limit-Cycle Oscillators
- 光ビート法による高周波発生における光パルス圧縮を用いた出力の増大 : 位相雑音の測定 (マイクロ波・ミリ波フォトニクス)
- 電子情報通信学会技術研究報告 = IEICE technical report : 信学技報 116(391), 81-85, 2017-01-18
- NAID 40021102609
- 光ビート法による高周波発生における光パルス圧縮を用いた出力の増大 : 位相雑音の測定 (エレクトロニクスシミュレーション)
- 電子情報通信学会技術研究報告 = IEICE technical report : 信学技報 116(390), 81-85, 2017-01-18
- NAID 40021102091
- 光ビート法による高周波発生における光パルス圧縮を用いた出力の増大 : 位相雑音の測定 (レーザ・量子エレクトロニクス)
- 電子情報通信学会技術研究報告 = IEICE technical report : 信学技報 116(389), 81-85, 2017-01-18
- NAID 40021101596
- c.1300, "a beating, whipping; the beating of a drum," from beat (v.). As "throb of the heart" from 1755. Meaning "regular route travelled by someone" is attested from ...
- beat·ing (bē′tĭng) n. 1. An act of repeated hitting or striking. 2. a. A thorough defeat, as in an athletic contest. b. A sharp reversal; a setback: Stocks took ...
- Synonyms for beating at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day.
- beat, pulse, beating, pulsation, flutter, (v.)palpitate
- beating, tap，tapotement