- to the greatest extent; completely; "youre quite right"; "she was quite alone"; "was quite mistaken"; "quite the opposite"; "not quite finished"; "did not quite make it"
- of an unusually noticeable or exceptional or remarkable kind (not used with a negative); "her victory was quite something"; "shes quite a girl"; "quite a film"; "quite a walk"; "weve had quite an afternoon" (同)quite a, quite an
- to a degree (not used with a negative); "quite tasty"; "quite soon"; "quite ill"; "quite rich" (同)rather
- actually or truly or to an extreme; "was quite a sudden change"; "its quite the thing to do"; "quite the rage"; "Quite so!"
- on a large scale; "the sketch was so largely drawn that you could see it from the back row"
- in large part; mainly or chiefly; "These accounts are largely inactive" (同)mostly, for the most part
- 『全く』,完全に / 『かなり』,相当に,ずいぶん / ほんとうに,実際に,真に
- 『主として』,大部分 / 多量に,豊富に,気前よく
- 『ほとんど』,もう少しで / 《まれ》(血縁・利害・関連などについて)密接に,親密に(closely)
For other uses, see Almost (disambiguation).
||This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2009)
In set theory, when dealing with sets of infinite size, the term almost or nearly is used to mean all the elements except for finitely many.
In other words, an infinite set S that is a subset of another infinite set L, is almost L if the subtracted set L\S is of finite size.
- The set is almost N for any k in N, because only finitely many natural numbers are less than k.
- The set of prime numbers is not almost N because there are infinitely many natural numbers that are not prime numbers.
This is conceptually similar to the almost everywhere concept of measure theory, but is not the same. For example, the Cantor set is uncountably infinite, but has Lebesgue measure zero. So a real number in (0, 1) is a member of the complement of the Cantor set almost everywhere, but it is not true that the complement of the Cantor set is almost the real numbers in (0, 1).
||Look up almost in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Relation between Increases in Stomatal Conductance of Decorative Sepals and the Quality of Antique-stage Cut Hydrangea Flowers
- NP activities in the United States: Practice and research (大分県立看護科学大学第16回看護国際フォーラム)
- almost 【副】 ほとんど、九分通り、大体、一種の、匹敵する、いまいち【文例】... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- The Home of Almost Skateboards. ... @daewon1song and @cooperwilt invading each others personal space😜 Blunt photo: @cruzing Click the link in our profile to check out the new delivery of goods🙏🏾👊🏾 Almost X @dccomics "Split Face ...