- a person who refrains from drinking intoxicating beverages (同)abstinent, nondrinker
- someone who practices self denial as a spiritual discipline (同)ascetic
- refrain from voting
- choose not to consume; "I abstain from alcohol" (同)refrain, desist
- (…を)控える,慎む《+『from』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 棄権する
- Alcohol consumption in very old age and its association with survival: A matter of health and physical function.
- Agahi N1, Kelfve S2, Lennartsson C3, Kåreholt I4.
- Drug and alcohol dependence.Drug Alcohol Depend.2016 Feb 1;159:240-5. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2015.12.022. Epub 2015 Dec 31.
- BACKGROUND: Alcohol consumption in very old age is increasing; yet, little is known about the personal and health-related characteristics associated with different levels of alcohol consumption and the association between alcohol consumption and survival among the oldest old.METHODS: Nationally repr
- PMID 26775285
- Smoking cessation and depressive symptoms at 1-, 3-, 6-, and 12-months follow-up.
- Rodríguez-Cano R1, López-Durán A1, Del Río EF2, Martínez-Vispo C1, Martínez Ú1, Becoña E1.
- Journal of affective disorders.J Affect Disord.2016 Feb;191:94-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jad.2015.11.042. Epub 2015 Nov 26.
- BACKGROUND: The relationship between tobacco and depressive symptoms has been examined. However, there is little information on the evolution of these symptoms when an individual quits. The aim of this study was to analyze the evolution of depressive symptoms over time (pre-, post-treatment, 1-, 3-,
- PMID 26655118
- Cigarette Smoking Trajectories From Sixth to Twelfth Grade: Associated Substance Use and High School Dropout.
- Orpinas P1, Lacy B2, Nahapetyan L3, Dube SR4, Song X5.
- Nicotine & tobacco research : official journal of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco.Nicotine Tob Res.2016 Feb;18(2):156-62. doi: 10.1093/ntr/ntv040. Epub 2015 Mar 5.
- INTRODUCTION: The purpose of this longitudinal study was to identify distinct trajectories of cigarette smoking from sixth to twelfth grade and to characterize these trajectories by use of other drugs and high school dropout.METHODS: The diverse sample for this analysis consisted of a cohort of 611
- PMID 25744961
- Impact of Smoking Cessation on Subsequent Pain Intensity Among Chronically Ill Veterans Enrolled in a Smoking Cessation Trial.
- Bastian LA1, Fish LJ2, Gierisch JM3, Stechuchak KM4, Grambow SC5, Keefe FJ6.
- Journal of pain and symptom management.J Pain Symptom Manage.2015 Dec;50(6):822-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2015.06.012. Epub 2015 Jul 22.
- CONTEXT: Prior cross-sectional studies have reported greater pain intensity among persistent smokers compared with nonsmokers or former smokers; yet, few prospective studies have examined how smoking abstinence affects pain intensity.OBJECTIVES: To determine the impact of smoking cessation on subseq
- PMID 26210348
- Define abstainer. abstainer synonyms, abstainer pronunciation, abstainer translation, English dictionary definition of abstainer. intr.v. ab·stained , ab·stain·ing , ab·stains 1. To keep oneself from doing, engaging in, or partaking of ...
- Abstainer definition, a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages. See more. ... The dipsomaniac and the abstainer are not only both mistaken, but they ...
- abstainerとは。意味や和訳。[名詞]1 節制家；(特に)禁酒家a total abstainer絶対禁酒家an abstainer from tobacco禁煙家.2 (一般に，行為を)慎む人. - 80万項目以上収録、例文・コロケーションが豊富な無料英和和英辞典。