- autonomic nervous system
- the 1st letter of the Roman alphabet (同)a
- the blood group whose red cells carry the A antigen (同)type_A, group A
- answer / ampere
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Enculturation, perceived stress, and physical activity: implications for metabolic risk among the Yup'ik - The Center for Alaska Native Health Research Study.
- Bersamin A1, Wolsko C, Luick BR, Boyer BB, Lardon C, Hopkins SE, Stern JS, Zidenberg-Cherr S.Author information 1a Center for Alaska Native Health Research , University of Alaska Fairbanks , Fairbanks , AK , USA.AbstractObjectives. American Indians and Alaska Natives (ANs) report among the lowest levels of physical activity in the USA, but there is very little systematic research examining the determinants of physical activity patterns in these populations. This study investigated the relationships between enculturation (or cultural traditionality), psychosocial stress, and physical activity in a community-based sample of Yup'ik women and men living in rural AN communities. Associations between these variables and several metabolic risk factors were also examined. Design. A sample of 488 Yup'ik participants (284 women and 204 men) from six villages in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta region completed a wellness survey and an array of physiological assessments [e.g., body mass index (BMI), blood pressure]. A subset of 179 participants also completed a 3-day pedometer assessment of physical activity. Results. Multivariate linear regression models indicated that participants who were more enculturated (i.e., living more of a traditional lifestyle) and who experienced lower levels of psychosocial stress were significantly more physically active. In turn, both lower levels of psychosocial stress and higher levels of physical activity were associated with lower BMI, lower percent body fat, and lower waist circumference. Conclusions. Findings underscore the importance of gaining a culturally specific understanding of physical activity patterns in indigenous groups in order to inform effective health promotion strategies.
- Ethnicity & health.Ethn Health.2014 Jun;19(3):255-69. doi: 10.1080/13557858.2012.758691. Epub 2013 Jan 9.
- Objectives. American Indians and Alaska Natives (ANs) report among the lowest levels of physical activity in the USA, but there is very little systematic research examining the determinants of physical activity patterns in these populations. This study investigated the relationships between encultur
- PMID 23297688
- Poor autonomic nervous system functioning during sleep in recently detoxified alcohol-dependent men and women.
- de Zambotti M1, Baker FC, Sugarbaker DS, Nicholas CL, Trinder J, Colrain IM.Author information 1Center for Health Sciences, SRI International, Menlo Park, California.AbstractBACKGROUND: Alcoholism is considered an important risk factor for cardiovascular (CV) disease. Autonomic nervous system (ANS) function is a major indicator of CV health. Sleep is a suitable model to investigate ANS activity free from wake-related confounders. We investigated nighttime ANS functioning, and the relation between ANS activity and severity of alcohol dependence in chronic alcoholism.
- Alcoholism, clinical and experimental research.Alcohol Clin Exp Res.2014 May;38(5):1373-80. doi: 10.1111/acer.12384. Epub 2014 Feb 27.
- BACKGROUND: Alcoholism is considered an important risk factor for cardiovascular (CV) disease. Autonomic nervous system (ANS) function is a major indicator of CV health. Sleep is a suitable model to investigate ANS activity free from wake-related confounders. We investigated nighttime ANS functionin
- PMID 24575956
- Lemurs and macaques show similar numerical sensitivity.
- Jones SM1, Pearson J, Dewind NK, Paulsen D, Tenekedjieva AM, Brannon EM.Author information 1Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA, Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractWe investigated the precision of the approximate number system (ANS) in three lemur species (Lemur catta, Eulemur mongoz, and Eulemur macaco flavifrons), one Old World monkey species (Macaca mulatta) and humans (Homo sapiens). In Experiment 1, four individuals of each nonhuman primate species were trained to select the numerically larger of two visual arrays on a touchscreen. We estimated numerical acuity by modeling Weber fractions (w) and found quantitatively equivalent performance among all four nonhuman primate species. In Experiment 2, we tested adult humans in a similar procedure, and they outperformed the four nonhuman species but showed qualitatively similar performance. These results indicate that the ANS is conserved over the primate order.
- Animal cognition.Anim Cogn.2014 May;17(3):503-15. doi: 10.1007/s10071-013-0682-3. Epub 2013 Sep 26.
- We investigated the precision of the approximate number system (ANS) in three lemur species (Lemur catta, Eulemur mongoz, and Eulemur macaco flavifrons), one Old World monkey species (Macaca mulatta) and humans (Homo sapiens). In Experiment 1, four individuals of each nonhuman primate species were t
- PMID 24068469
- 曽我部 真裕
- 比較憲法学研究 25, 31-55, 2013-10-08
- … 3:Le bilan de 3 ans de la QPC : vers une Cour constitutionnelle?4:Conclusion. …
- NAID 120005333773
- 文献学と歴史 : グリムからベンヤミンへ(<特集>境界)
- 宇和川 雄
- ドイツ文学 : Neue Beitrage zur Germanistik (146), 119-132, 2013-03-25
- … Aus diesem Diskurs lasst sich eine Veranderung der Implikationen der "Andacht zum Unbedeutenden" ablesen: Jacob Grimm wollte in den Altdeutschen Waldern die archaische "Vorgeschichte" durch eine Sammlung der Volkspoesien ans Licht bringen, daraus entwickelte Scherer sein eigenes Sammlungskonzept und etablierte die Geschichte der deutschen Literatur, wogegen Benjamin Einwande erhob und eine neue Form der Geschichtsforschung entwarf. …
- NAID 110009611639
- 丹下 佳洋,右田 平八,砂子澤 裕,吉武 重徳,竹澤 真吾
- 日本運動生理学雑誌 20(1), 7-13, 2013-02-20
- … The physiologic effects of supplemental oxygen on hemodynamics and autonomic nervous system (ANS) have been well examined in healthy subjects. … Relationship among erythrocytes and oxygen has well understood, however the effect of oxygen on whole blood profile has not been described although oxygen influences the hemodynamics and ANS. … We studied the effect of supplemental oxygen on blood profile in combination with hemodynamics and ANS using healthy subjects. …
- NAID 110009592387
- The premier professional society serving the nuclear industry. Online offerings include meeting information, nuclear news, publications, member services, a career center, public information, and many other resources.
- automatic nerve system, autonomic nervous system, ANS
- 植物神経系 vegetative nervous system、不随意神経系 involuntary nervous system
- pyrimethamine-sulfadoxine- mefloquine