- without unusual distress or resentment; with good humor; "took the joke well"; "took the tragic news well"
- a cavity or vessel used to contain liquid
- a deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine
- an enclosed compartment in a ship or plane for holding something as e.g. fish or a planes landing gear or for protecting something as e.g. a ships pumps
- an open shaft through the floors of a building (as for a stairway)
- an abundant source; "she was a well of information" (同)wellspring, fountainhead
- in a manner affording benefit or advantage; "she married well"; "The children were settled advantageously in Seattle" (同)advantageously
- in financial comfort; "They live well"; "she has been able to live comfortably since her husband died" (同)comfortably
- to a great extent or degree; "Im afraid the film was well over budget"; "painting the room white made it seem considerably (or substantially) larger"; "the house has fallen considerably in value"; "the price went up substantially" (同)considerably, substantially
- indicating high probability; in all likelihood; "I might well do it"; "a mistake that could easily have ended in disaster"; "you may well need your umbrella"; "he could equally well be trying to deceive us" (同)easily
- (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well' (同)good
- with great or especially intimate knowledge; "we knew them well" (同)intimately
- come up, as of a liquid; "Tears well in her eyes"; "the currents well up" (同)swell
- (used for emphasis or as an intensifier) entirely or fully; "a book well worth reading"; "was well aware of the difficulties ahead"; "suspected only too well what might be going on"
- favorably; with approval; "their neighbors spoke well of them"; "he thought well of the book"
- in good health especially after having suffered illness or injury; "appears to be entirely well"; "the wound is nearly well"; "a well man"; "I think Im well; at least I feel well"
- thoroughly or completely; fully; often used as a combining form; "The problem is well understood"; "she was well informed"; "shake well before using"; "in order to avoid food poisoning be sure the meat is well cooked"; "well-done beef", "well-satisfied customers"; "well-educated"
- to a suitable or appropriate extent or degree; "the project was well underway"; "the fetus has well developed organs"; "his father was well pleased with his grades"
- wise or advantageous and hence advisable; "it would be well to start early"
- with prudence or propriety; "You would do well to say nothing more"; "could not well refuse"
- with skill or in a pleasing manner; "she dances well"; "he writes well"
- 『井戸』 / (石油・天然ガスを取るための)井 / 『泉』,《比喩的に》源 / 井戸状のくぼみ;(エレベーターの)縦穴;(回り階段の)階段穴 / 《英》(法廷の)弁護士席 / 〈水などが〉わき出る,噴出する《+out》 / わき上がる《+up》
- 『よく』,満足に,申し分なく / じょうずに,うまく,巧みに / 『十分に』,全く / 《他の副詞または前置詞句と共に用いて》『相当に』,かなり / (個人的に)親しく,親密に / 《can't, couldn't と共に用いて》『正当に』,適切に / はっきりと,確かに,全く / 親切に,好意的に / 《おもに補語に用いて》『健康な』,じょうぶな / 《複語にのみ用いて》『好都合の』,満足すべき,申し分のない / 《驚いて》『おや』,まあ,へ‐ / 《ためらい・同意を表し,文・言葉を切り出して》『え‐と』,さて,ところで / 《譲歩を表して》『それじゃ』,まあ / 《安心・あきらめを表して》『やれやれ』,どうも
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- 「半沢直樹」シリーズ第4弾『銀翼のイカロス』番外編 地井戸潤 JAL格納庫見聞録 (特集 2014→2020総予測) -- (産業・企業 技術も市場も日進月歩 問われる変化対応力)
- メールで語る井戸端会議 : 子育てと仕事(73)記録的な大雪の中、食べつなぐ
- 災害に備え、あなたのお庭に井戸を掘りませんか？ 井戸掘り専門業者の「井戸生活」にお任せ ください！ 寿命の長い井戸をご提供します。「リフォームローン」・「水質検査」もご用意しております。ご家庭の生活井戸・マンション ...
- DIYで井戸掘りのページへようこそ。 自分の家に井戸がほしい方、参考にしてください。 可能な限りお手伝いいたします。 お知らせ 2011/1/17 NHK 総合チャンネル 朝6時台と7時台のニュースで紹介されました GO⇒