- used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements; "double chrysanthemums have many rows of petals and are usually spherical or hemispherical"
- increase twofold; "The population doubled within 50 years" (同)duplicate
- a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base; "he hit a double to deep centerfield" (同)two-base hit, two-bagger, two-baser
- someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor); "he could be Gingrichs double"; "shes the very image of her mother" (同)image, look-alike
- a stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts; "his first job in Hollywood was as a double for Clark Gable" (同)stunt man, stunt woman
- a quantity that is twice as great as another; "36 is the double of 18"
- twice as great or many; "ate a double portion"; "the dose is doubled"; "a twofold increase" (同)doubled, twofold, two-fold
- consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs; "an egg with a double yolk"; "a double (binary) star"; "double doors"; "dual controls for pilot and copilot"; "duple (or double) time consists of two (or a multiple of two) beats to a measure" (同)dual, duple
- having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; "a double (or dual) role for an actor"; "the office of a clergyman is twofold; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson; "every episode has its double and treble meaning"-Frederick Harrison (同)dual, twofold, two-fold, treble, threefold, three-fold
- having two meanings with intent to deceive; "a sly double meaning"; "spoke with forked tongue" (同)forked
- bridge: make a demand for (a card or suit)
- do double duty; serve two purposes or have two functions; "She doubles as his wife and secretary"
- downward and forward; "he was bent double with pain"
- hit a two-base hit
- large enough for two; "a double bed"; "a double room"
- two together; "some people sleep better double"
- increase by a factor of two; "doubling with a computer took no time at all"
- raising the stakes in a card game by a factor of 2; "I decided his double was a bluff" (同)double
- a blow that renders the opponent unconscious (同)KO, kayo
- badminton played with two players on each side
- tennis played with two players on each side
- (数量・強さ・重さ・価値などが)『2倍の』,倍の / 『二重の』,二様の;複の,対の,2人用の / 表裏のある,二心ある / (意味が)二様にとれる,あいまいな / (花が)八重の,重弁の / 『2倍に』,2倍だけ(twice) / 二重に,二様に / 対をなして,二人いっしょに / 〈U〉『2倍』[の数量・価額など] / 〈C〉2倍のもの / 〈C〉よく似た人(物),生き写し / 〈C〉(映画の)代役 / 《複数形》《単数扱い》(テニスなどの)ダブルス / 〈C〉(獲物が追っ手を逃れるときなどの)逆走,急転回 / 〈C〉2塁打 / 〈C〉(ブリッジの点の)倍加 / 〈C〉(競馬・ドッグレースの)重勝式のかけ,複式 / …‘を'『2倍にする』 / …‘を'『二つ折りにする』 / …‘の'2倍の数(量)がある / 〈二役〉‘を'ひとりで演ずる / 〈船が〉〈岬〉‘を'回る / 『2倍になる』 / (…の役を)兼ねる《+『as』+『名』》 / (急に)取って返す,逆戻りする《+『back』》 / 二つ折りになる / (ブリッジで)相手のせり高を倍加する / 2塁打を打つ
- (ボクシングの)ノックアウト(《略》『KO,K.O.,k.o.』) / 《話》すばらしい人(物) / ノックアウトする
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Critical role of endogenous histamine in promoting end-organ tissue injury in sepsis.
- Hattori M1, Yamazaki M1, Ohashi W2, Tanaka S3, Hattori K4, Todoroki K5, Fujimori T1, Ohtsu H6, Matsuda N7, Hattori Y8.
- Intensive care medicine experimental.Intensive Care Med Exp.2016 Dec;4(1):36. Epub 2016 Nov 8.
- BACKGROUND: Histamine assumes an important role as a major mediator in various pathologic disorders associated with inflammation and immune reactions. However, the involvement of histamine in the pathological conditions and symptoms of sepsis remains entirely unknown. In this study, we establish tha
- PMID 27822777
- Ammonium acrylate biomanufacturing by an engineered Rhodococcus ruber with nitrilase overexpression and double-knockout of nitrile hydratase and amidase.
- Sun J1,2, Yu H3,4,5, Chen J1,2, Luo H6, Shen Z1,2.
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology.J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol.2016 Dec;43(12):1631-1639. Epub 2016 Oct 19.
- Rhodococcus ruber TH was selected as a parent strain to engineer for biomanufacturing of ammonium acrylate; the characteristics of this strain included accelerated growth rate, high cell tolerance and natively overexpressed nitrile hydratase (NHase). Transcriptome analysis revealed that the transcri
- PMID 27761748
- Myeloid-derived suppressor cells in murine AIDS inhibit B-cell responses in part via soluble mediators including reactive oxygen and nitrogen species, and TGF-β.
- Rastad JL1, Green WR2.
- Virology.Virology.2016 Dec;499:9-22. doi: 10.1016/j.virol.2016.08.031. Epub 2016 Sep 12.
- Monocytic myeloid-derived suppressor cells (M-MDSCs) were increased during LP-BM5 retroviral infection, and were capable of suppressing not only T-cell, but also B-cell responses. In addition to previously demonstrating iNOS- and VISTA-dependent M-MDSC mechanisms, in this paper, we detail how M-MDSC
- PMID 27632561
- Production of α1,3-galactosyltransferase and cytidine monophosphate-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase gene double-deficient pigs by CRISPR/Cas9 and handmade cloning
- The effect of inhibition of vitamin K dependent coagulation factors on the progression of atherosclerosis in apoE[-/-]LDLR[-/-] double-knockout mice
- International journal of analytical bio-science 4(4), 71-82, 2016-12
- NAID 40021062447
- The double knockout of Bach1 and Bach2 in mice reveals shared compensatory mechanisms in regulating alveolar macrophage function and lung surfactant homeostasis
- MMA videos and news, knockouts and submissions, combat sport, UFC, Bellator. ... The final countdown to the fight that may very well be a battle of the year title contender has just started – Ronda Rousey and Bethe Correia have ...
- Double-Knockout.com. 858,779 likes · 6,834 talking about this. Send us a private message on facebook if you have any business inquiries. Looking for... ... Ronda Rousey's next opponent Bethe Correia made her cry and Ronda ...
- outlet right ventricle