- Randomised clinical trial: colestyramine vs. hydroxypropyl cellulose in patients with functional chronic watery diarrhoea.
- Fernández-Bañares F1, Rosinach M, Piqueras M, Ruiz-Cerulla A, Modolell I, Zabana Y, Guardiola J, Esteve M.
- Alimentary pharmacology & therapeutics.Aliment Pharmacol Ther.2015 Jun;41(11):1132-40. doi: 10.1111/apt.13193. Epub 2015 Apr 10.
- BACKGROUND: Idiopathic bile acid malabsorption (BAM) has been suggested as a cause of chronic watery diarrhoea, with a response to colestyramine in 70% of patients. However, the efficacy of this drug has never been investigated in placebo-controlled trials.AIM: To evaluate the efficacy of colestyram
- PMID 25858478
- Quantifying bile acid malabsorption helps predict response and tailor sequestrant therapy.
- Orekoya O1, McLaughlin J2, Leitao E3, Johns W3, Lal S4, Paine P4.
- Clinical medicine (London, England).Clin Med.2015 Jun;15(3):252-7. doi: 10.7861/clinmedicine.15-3-252.
- Although recognised as a cause of chronic diarrhoea for over forty years, diagnostic tests and treatments for bile acid malabsorption (BAM) remain controversial. Recent National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines highlighted the lack of evidence in the field, and called for f
- PMID 26031975
- Interactions Between Nuclear Receptor SHP and FOXA1 Maintain Oscillatory Homocysteine Homeostasis in Mice.
- Tsuchiya H1, da Costa KA2, Lee S3, Renga B4, Jaeschke H5, Yang Z6, Orena SJ2, Goedken MJ7, Zhang Y5, Kong B8, Lebofsky M5, Rudraiah S3, Smalling R1, Guo G8, Fiorucci S4, Zeisel SH2, Wang L9.
- Gastroenterology.Gastroenterology.2015 May;148(5):1012-1023.e14. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2015.01.045. Epub 2015 Feb 19.
- BACKGROUND & AIMS: Hyperhomocysteinemia is often associated with liver and metabolic diseases. We studied nuclear receptors that mediate oscillatory control of homocysteine homeostasis in mice.METHODS: We studied mice with disruptions in Nr0b2 (called small heterodimer partner [SHP]-null mice),
- PMID 25701738
- 市川 勤,平田 瑞穂,佐々木 ひろみ,上能 伊公雄,石田 志朗,岡野 善郎
- 病院薬学 26(3), 287-294, 2000-06-10
- … The effects of the medicative consultations and counseling to eight outpatients with familial hypercholestrolemia on colestyramine medications mainly by pharmacists were investigated. … a questionnaire survey on the patient's view regarding colestyramine resulted in the conclusion that large doses in suspension were difficult to swallow. … Trial of the medicative consultations and counseling were thus performed with both patients and pharmacists regarding colestyramine dosing and dieteric problems. …
- NAID 110001166980
- Beneficial effects of pravastatin (±colestyramine/niacin) initiated immediately after a coronary event (the randomized lipid-coronary artery disease [L-CAD] Study)
- 浜田 久之,宮副 誠司,堤 卓也,島 正義,山口 康平,山口 義彦,江口 勝美
- 日本内科学会雑誌 87(5), 919-921, 1998-05-10
- NAID 10005526698
- Colestyramine works by binding to bile acids in your digestive system. This prevents the bile acids from being reabsorbed into your body which can help... ... Before taking colestyramine Some medicines are not suitable for people ...
- Cholestyramine resin Synonym: Colestyramine, Dowex ® 1X2 Cl--Form SDS CAS Number 11041-12-6 EC Number 234-270-8 MDL number MFCD00130784 Purchase Safety & Documentation Protocols & Articles Purchase , , , ...